Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RIP Sean Taylor (1983-2007)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15685
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: RIP Sean Taylor (1983-2007) Reply with quote

On the 5th anniversary of his death its still hard to reflect back on his life and his play and not get wistful at what might have been on the football field and to get sad for a daughter who will grow up without a father.

RIP Sean. We still miss you.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blknite01


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 13777
Location: Apopka, FL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.'

"So I just say, 'I'm healthy right now, I'
m going into my fourth year, and why not do the best that I can?' And that's whatever it is, whether it's eating right or training myself right, whether it's studying harder, whatever I can do to better myself." - Sean Taylor

I still miss you Sean, you were my favorite player ever, and I still wish to this day that you would of been able to be the player but more importantly the husband and father you wanted to be. RIP.


_________________
I'd rather get gunned down than dumb'd down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ktizzzlee21


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 164
Location: 301 maryland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember when and where i was when i heard the news he got shot. He was on the way to being one of the best ever and i still wonder how different Laron Landry would of developed under Sean's wing.

RIP to the greatest Redskin defender in my lifetime.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66191
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have been 29 today! Could you imagine he and Rg3 on the same field together??

We would have definitely won more games over the past few years, and is say in 07 we probably would have won that playoff game in Seattle.

We would have won a few more games this year also. For example the St Louis, Cinncinnati, and definitely the Giants game. One great FS can make that much difference on a defense. We need a new good to great player back there.

Good story by mike Wise today.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/sean-taylor-five-years-after-his-death-so-many-questions-unanswered/2012/11/26/47b83002-3820-11e2-8a97-363b0f9a0ab3_story.html?wpisrc=nl_most
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FosterTheSkins


Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 510
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe its been five years since his passing. Crying or Very sad
_________________
All the other Ds with the pumped up scheme
Better run better run outrun my QB
All the other Ds with the pumped up scheme
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 15021
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember it like it was yesterday. My friend, who is a die-hard Ravens fan, is the one who told me the news (he's also a Miami Hurricanes fan). It was a Monday morning when I found out he got shot. When my friend told me he got shot, I was hoping he'd survive. Alas, he did not. And that was hard. Not only that, but the 26th is my late grandmother's birthday. She would've been 89 yesterday. Sad
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
AAR:
Roy Helu, Jr: 34 carries, 174 yards, 1 TD; 38 catches, 436 yards, 2 TDs
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 64 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDefs, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 11 catches, 63 yards, 1 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RIPNumber21


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 1159
Location: Albany, NY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the luxury of being able to watch Sean all throughout college just hoping that he would somehow fall to the Redskins. On draft day, I couldn't believe that the FO pulled the trigger on him considering early indications was that the FO was leaning heavily towards Kellen Winslow Jr.

He was a once in a life time type of athlete that I truly think will never be duplicated at the safety position.

When I joined FF, I created this name in honor of Sean. His life and legacy live on through all us fans and ex/current Redskins.

Thought it was neat that Robert today posted on Twitter his respect for Sean and he never even knew him:

"Never got the chance to meet Sean Taylor, but his legacy is embedded in our franchise. Because of that....We play with him ever day", Griffin is quoted as saying.

RIP Sean. You'll always be missed.
_________________

2013 Washington Redskins Season Ticket Holder

Hail to the Redskins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66191
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blknite01 wrote:
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.'

"So I just say, 'I'm healthy right now, I'
m going into my fourth year, and why not do the best that I can?' And that's whatever it is, whether it's eating right or training myself right, whether it's studying harder, whatever I can do to better myself." - Sean Taylor

I still miss you Sean, you were my favorite player ever, and I still wish to this day that you would of been able to be the player but more importantly the husband and father you wanted to be. RIP.

have you seen recent pictures of her? She's like a spitting image of Sean.when they celebrated the 80 greatest redskins she accepted the award with Sean's dad. I couldn't believe the resemblance
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15685
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Blknite01 wrote:
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.'

"So I just say, 'I'm healthy right now, I'
m going into my fourth year, and why not do the best that I can?' And that's whatever it is, whether it's eating right or training myself right, whether it's studying harder, whatever I can do to better myself." - Sean Taylor

I still miss you Sean, you were my favorite player ever, and I still wish to this day that you would of been able to be the player but more importantly the husband and father you wanted to be. RIP.

have you seen recent pictures of her? She's like a spitting image of Sean.when they celebrated the 80 greatest redskins she accepted the award with Sean's dad. I couldn't believe the resemblance


I haven't but if you find them, please post them!
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66191
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Blknite01 wrote:
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom. And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that.'

"So I just say, 'I'm healthy right now, I'
m going into my fourth year, and why not do the best that I can?' And that's whatever it is, whether it's eating right or training myself right, whether it's studying harder, whatever I can do to better myself." - Sean Taylor

I still miss you Sean, you were my favorite player ever, and I still wish to this day that you would of been able to be the player but more importantly the husband and father you wanted to be. RIP.

have you seen recent pictures of her? She's like a spitting image of Sean.when they celebrated the 80 greatest redskins she accepted the award with Sean's dad. I couldn't believe the resemblance


I haven't but if you find them, please post them!
ok I'll look around. They had a special on either NBC or csn talking to Taylor's dad and showed her with him getting honored at the banquet

Here are some pics from Lavar's blog from today with tweets from Players and video:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2012/11/27/sean-taylor-five-years-later-is-still-a-strong-presence/

In the second pic with lavar, Jackie is the the girl in the blue jacket on the left (lavar's right) who he has his arms around.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11449
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think about it all the time. As strange as it is, it has been and will remain a defining event in my life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1882
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Redskins fan but Sean Taylor was my favorite player back in the day. Its a shame he got killed right as he was turning his life around. He would have been the best safety in the league right now
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 3370
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call him the greatest player I've ever seen hit the field and man do I miss seeing him lay the smackdown on opposing teams player's. The fear he put in opposing player's and the respect they had for him on the field is a true meaning of what he meant to this team and the difference his presents made. It's hurts to not see him on the field but I can't even imagine the pain his family feels just not having him here as a father, son, husband, ect... R.I.P. 21 aka Sean Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
a2piece89


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 3162
Location: Redskins territory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first pick of the best coach to ever grace this team in his return.

The player most responsible for this team's only playoff win of the decade.

The only reason why I joined this forum.

The best that never was, Godspeed Meast.
we miss you boss
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktizzzlee21


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 164
Location: 301 maryland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/67406/memories-of-sean-taylor



amazing peice by ESPN. Hearing Santana talk about Sean......man :'(
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group