Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Release DE Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
they also thought Asante Samuel was out of service and a bad influence in the locker room too... #justsaying.

Samuel was moreso traded to unload that contract and to allow both Asomugha and DRC playing time. They didn't need all three and Samuel is still one of the best CBs in the League so they were able to get some value for him.
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
FuhZee wrote:
Would Babin do well in Detroit?
I am 99% sure he would. We also run a wide-9, but our DL rush the passer every play. The DE's are always doing the same thing, rushing from the wide-9. We also have better DT's (IMO of course, but I doubt it's too arguable) and they wreak havoc in the middle. They push the pocket and so far out DE's haven't been able clean up the QB, but I think Babin could.

Babin for what?

Not like Detroit is contending for anything there.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly happened to Babin? Wasn't he a beast last season and basically his whole career?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll take him in oakland, our "scheme" is a crapshoot and he can do whatever he wants to try and get after the qb lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised at all. Babin never amazed me. He was a pure bust until he hit the 2010 Titans, who had not only a good defense, but a very good defensive line with a lot of depth.

I really hate calling players a "System Player", because I've always felt ever player in this league is just that, a System Player. However, those who are truly elite find ways (or know ways) to still be at the top of this league in a different system; Babin is not one of those players.

He would be a nice depth player for someone like Detroit or Tampa Bay, if you ask me. I can't see him going somewhere where the depth on the DL is limited. Babin isn't going to solve problems on anyone's troubling defensive line.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
they also thought Asante Samuel was out of service and a bad influence in the locker room too... #justsaying.

The eagles didn't trade Samuel because he was out of service they traded him because he had a massive contract, they have 2 other good CBs, and he is selfish ahole. He had one of his best seasons the year before with the birds.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
FuhZee wrote:
Would Babin do well in Detroit?
I am 99% sure he would. We also run a wide-9, but our DL rush the passer every play. The DE's are always doing the same thing, rushing from the wide-9. We also have better DT's (IMO of course, but I doubt it's too arguable) and they wreak havoc in the middle. They push the pocket and so far out DE's haven't been able clean up the QB, but I think Babin could.

Babin for what?

Not like Detroit is contending for anything there.
Well I think technically we could still make the playoffs. Besides, there is a next year. If we claim him, we'll probably get him. Our DE's haven't been that good and I'd rather have him for that contract than have Avril for a larger contract. And he comes with no guaranteed money so he's a risk free claim.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
What exactly happened to Babin? Wasn't he a beast last season and basically his whole career?
Not remotely. He was bad his whole career until Tennessee where he thrived to an extent as a pass rusher in '10 and than got 18.5 last year. He's purely a pass rusher.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got one good year out of him, then he wanted big-time moneys...

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
coors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is this about Babin just not playing with full effort? I mean they paid him good money last off season, he then put up 18 sacks for them last year.. which was a hell of a season. I know he only has something like 5 this year.. but I could say that any team in the NFL could use a pass rusher like he showed us last year he was capable of.. so did he get axed simply because of how bad they have been this year and that he seems to be doggin' it a lot... or is this something inside the locker room type of deal?

I can easily say that bringing Babin into Atlanta and having him opposite Abe, if Babin still has what he had last year in him, that we finally would be able to have someone to compliment Abe.. because we all know that when the Iggles inked Babin last off season, we went after Ray Edwards who we just cut like 2 weeks ago. Abe and Babin on the outside with Biermann as our rotational guy.. I would really like the look of that. However, if Babin on the market is due to a bad lockeroom guy or something like that would completely take him off our radar..

Last edited by coors on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he tackles anyone but the QB, it is an accident.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the way our defense played this past week, everybody should get cut. Nobody deserves to be paid after that game. Babin is just the scapegoat and the FO sending a message.

Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi, Vick, DRC, the list goes on and on.

TommyC376 on the Sig
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
so is this about Babin just not playing with full effort? I mean they paid him good money last off season, he then put up 18 sacks for them last year.. which was a hell of a season. I know he only has something like 5 this year.. but I could say that any team in the NFL could use a pass rusher like he showed us last year he was capable of.. so did he get axed simply because of how bad they have been this year and that he seems to be doggin' it a lot... or is this something inside the locker room type of deal?

I can easily say that bringing Babin into Atlanta and having him opposite Abe, if Babin still has what he had last year in him, that we finally would be able to have someone to compliment Abe.. because we all know that when the Iggles inked Babin last off season, we went after Ray Edwards who we just cut like 2 weeks ago. Abe and Babin on the outside with Biermann as our rotational guy.. I would really like the look of that. However, if Babin on the market is due to a bad lockeroom guy or something like that would completely take him off our radar..

Babin's ability to rush the passer in 2011 was equalled by his inability to do a damn thing against the run.

Obviously there's a market for that kind of thing in the NFL, but if he's struggling rushing the passer - as he has this season - he's pretty much worthless. He could be good for a team as a 3rd down pass rusher, but that's about it. He was not worth nearly the contract he had, and add in an ego as big as Soviet Russia and you have a player who gets cut midseason.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
coors wrote:

Babin's ability to rush the passer in 2011 was equalled by his inability to do a damn thing against the run.

Obviously there's a market for that kind of thing in the NFL, but if he's struggling rushing the passer - as he has this season - he's pretty much worthless. He could be good for a team as a 3rd down pass rusher, but that's about it. He was not worth nearly the contract he had, and add in an ego as big as Soviet Russia and you have a player who gets cut midseason.
I don't see how a guy with 5.5 sacks, 10 hits and 20 pressures is struggling as a pass rusher. Even when I saw him vs. ATL he was getting good pressure against Clabo.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
BLick12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
coors wrote:

I don't see how a guy with 5.5 sacks, 10 hits and 20 pressures is struggling as a pass rusher. Even when I saw him vs. ATL he was getting good pressure against Clabo.

Well, when that is all he does EVERY single play, it is pretty pathetic.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: