Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Release DE Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2373
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to learn through posts in this forum. Over the last two seasons I registered what Babin accomplished and quickly noted him as obviously being one of the best DE in the league. A late, late bloomer. Should have known better actually, since I am well aware of the difference between all around talent and situational players. Yet, what Eagles fans say in here is interesting. Scheme related success, egocentric, one-trick pony... This is why this forum is often more insightful than the supposed expert media.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6378
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The thing is, I don't think anyone can deny he can get after the QB. So if he wants to go for a ring and you can get him cheap for just this year to come off the edge on pass downs, he could be a steal.


Can he stand up as an olb? 49ers need depth there.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 2931
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind him on the Pats, but I don't see it happening.
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47459
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated DE who has only one trick, never understood what the Eagles saw in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 2931
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Overrated DE who has only one trick, never understood what the Eagles saw in him.


Probably the fact that he pulled that trick off 18 times last year.
_________________


2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21060
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Overrated DE who has only one trick, never understood what the Eagles saw in him.


Probably the fact that he pulled that trick off 18 times last year.

Seriously. I'd take him on the Saints in a heart beat, having a guy who can get to the QB at will like that is huge for any defense. Saints need to pick him up and put him in for Will Smith on 3rd downs.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meco


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2557
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Overrated DE who has only one trick, never understood what the Eagles saw in him.


Probably the fact that he pulled that trick off 18 times last year.

Seriously. I'd take him on the Saints in a heart beat, having a guy who can get to the QB at will like that is huge for any defense. Saints need to pick him up and put him in for Will Smith on 3rd downs.


At will? Clearly haven't watched Babin this season. Spin moves to nowhere. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre4


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 340
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when a player is released like this he must clear waivers before becoming a free agent? Meaning if a team claims him I assume they also claim his whole contract too? Obviously Chiefs get the first crack on waiver priority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexM23


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 8228
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss your pointless spin moves every second pass play and lack of effort against the run.
_________________

Kiltman on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13620
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre4 wrote:
So when a player is released like this he must clear waivers before becoming a free agent? Meaning if a team claims him I assume they also claim his whole contract too? Obviously Chiefs get the first crack on waiver priority.
After the trade deadline, which has past, all players must clear waivers before becoming a FA. Before the trade deadline, all players released with 4 or fewer years much clear waivers. Players with more then 4 years become FA's right away.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22681
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Lions put a claim in. We have our DL rush the passer 100% of the time, the only execution being goaline. He would fit right in, he can't be worse than Kyle Vanden Bosch.
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre4


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 340
Location: Buffalo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
So when a player is released like this he must clear waivers before becoming a free agent? Meaning if a team claims him I assume they also claim his whole contract too? Obviously Chiefs get the first crack on waiver priority.
After the trade deadline, which has past, all players must clear waivers before becoming a FA. Before the trade deadline, all players released with 4 or fewer years much clear waivers. Players with more then 4 years become FA's right away.


Ah okay. So how much are the Eagles responsible for paying Babin if he clears? And if he's claimed does the claiming team take on the full contract?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29494
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they also thought Asante Samuel was out of service and a bad influence in the locker room too... #justsaying.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FuhZee


Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Posts: 296
Location: Oklahoma
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Babin do well in Detroit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22681
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuhZee wrote:
Would Babin do well in Detroit?
I am 99% sure he would. We also run a wide-9, but our DL rush the passer every play. The DE's are always doing the same thing, rushing from the wide-9. We also have better DT's (IMO of course, but I doubt it's too arguable) and they wreak havoc in the middle. They push the pocket and so far out DE's haven't been able clean up the QB, but I think Babin could.
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group