Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Release DE Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons need him

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is on his way to New England to play for the vet minimum and finish out the season. BB will find a way to utilize this one trick pony that will get him paid during the off season.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Integrity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The thing is, I don't think anyone can deny he can get after the QB. So if he wants to go for a ring and you can get him cheap for just this year to come off the edge on pass downs, he could be a steal.

Agreed. He doesn't fit the Ravens' scheme, but if he clears waivers and is available for cheap I know he could help our defense. However, I'm sure he'll want to be a starter where ever he goes so Baltimore is most likely out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles are in full tanking mode..

I hope we sign him..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you who are saying "Oh, I hope my team takes a shot!" better be careful what you wish for. Jason Babin is a selfish player who is toxic for a team. He only cares about himself, the Eagles didn't re-sign him in 2009 because of that but Jim Washburn dragged him back. He regretted hitting Tony Romo in the hand because the back-up, Stephen McGee was harder to sack. Last night he was peddling t-shirts on twitter before the game and he's been doing that all season. He put together a photoshoot in Hawaii last year. He makes videos like this. He's incredibly vein. And on the football field he's a penalty machine, he's a horrific run defender and he plays with absolutely zero discipline in regards to contain and gaps. Good riddance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he have like 18 sacks just last season?

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
All of you who are saying "Oh, I hope my team takes a shot!" better be careful what you wish for. Jason Babin is a selfish player who is toxic for a team. He only cares about himself, the Eagles didn't re-sign him in 2009 because of that but Jim Washburn dragged him back. He regretted hitting Tony Romo in the hand because the back-up, Stephen McGee was harder to sack. Last night he was peddling t-shirts on twitter before the game and he's been doing that all season. He put together a photoshoot in Hawaii last year. He makes videos like this. He's incredibly vein. And on the football field he's a penalty machine, he's a horrific run defender and he plays with absolutely zero discipline in regards to contain and gaps. Good riddance.

Those are all good reasons not to give him a gazillion dollars in March. But right now what we're probably talking about is the Ravens, Patriots, Packers, or Falcons getting an ace pass rusher for possibly under a million.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
He isn't even a situational pass rusher. He is a Wide 9 situational pass rusher.
Scheme fit is overrated.
Ketchup, you clearly know nothing of Babin. Without Jim Washburn's wide-9 (they were together in TEN two years ago), Babin is literally a bum. And even this year, in the same system, he did not produce.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
What the hell... Confused

I guess I need to pay more attention to Philly...had no idea it was this bad.

He is the Eagles version of Osi except he doesn't get the sacks in a scheme made solely for that purpose.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Meco wrote:

Those are all good reasons not to give him a gazillion dollars in March. But right now what we're probably talking about is the Ravens, Patriots, Packers, or Falcons getting an ace pass rusher for possibly under a million.

I lol'd. An ace pass-rusher? In what world? He has one move, a speed rush. Yes, he got 17 sacks last year while pass-rushing every single down... what a feat. Rolling Eyes

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Meco wrote:

I lol'd. An ace pass-rusher? In what world? He has one move, a speed rush. Yes, he got 17 sacks last year while pass-rushing every single down... what a feat. Rolling Eyes

Don't care how he did it. He did it. If he got 17 sacks lined up wide, line him up wide. I don't see the issue here.

Where's Cliff Avril and KVBs 17 sacks?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the Ravens sign him so you can watch this fraud on a nightly basis.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Hopefully the Ravens sign him so you can watch this fraud on a nightly basis.

They said the same thing about Bernad Pollard, Jacoby Jones, and Cory Redding. I'm down.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Meco wrote:

Don't care how he did it. He did it. If he got 17 sacks lined up wide, line him up wide. I don't see the issue here.

Just add the word "potential" before "ace pass-rusher" and there's nothing wrong with your statement. The Ravens line up in a variety of alignments. We could easily do a wide 9 in obvious passing situations because we have the personnel for it. The only question is whether or not Babin would want a situational role for the remainder of the year, assuming he clears waivers of course.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He couldn't be worse than Ray Edwards so sign me up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: