Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zac Dysert Vs. Ryan Nassib
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Zac Dysert or Ryan Nassib
Zac Dysert
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Ryan Nassib
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Gtek06

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Zac Dysert Vs. Ryan Nassib Reply with quote

After Watching the Jets this season and QBs in College I think we need to use a draft pick on a QB. I don't think we need to use a 1st round pick but I think a 3rd pick would be a good time to pick a QB. After Scouting QBs expected to go in the 3rd I have worked it down to Zac dysert (Who all jets fans are crazy about) and Ryan Nassib. From watching game footage on both I will compare the two in all categories.

Zac Dysert-
6-4
228 Lbs
Senior
A Big QB who can be streaky and turnover the football. Has a huge arm and takes shots. Much like the most notable Miami OH Big Ben. Running a 4.85 40 but finds ways to run. Becoming the first QB to throw for 500 yds and run for 100. Even against Akron a very pour team it is quiet the Feat.

Ryan Nassib-
6-2
229 LBS
Senior
An average Height QB. Who turns over the ball less frequently. An above average arm. A QB that can struggle with accuracy at times. Running a 5.05 40 not a very mobile QB. Controls the offense and moves the ball down the field in chunks.

2012 Stats-

Dysert/Nassib

YDS 3483/3619
TD 25/24
INT 15/9

Career States-
Dysert *4 yrs Nassib *3Yrs

YDS 12016/9060
TD 73/68
INT 51/27

Looking at the stats it is safe to say that the two had a similar 2012 with a slight edge to Nassib. Strictly Based on the Numbers.

Stats vs. top 25/Strength of schedule

Dysert vs. top 25, 18 Ohio St. and 23 Ohio

Record: 1-1
614 Yds, 2 TD, 3 Int, 58%
Miami OH SOS-38 (RealTimeRPI.com)

Nassib vs. Top 25, 2 USC, 20 Rutgers, 9 Louisville

Record 1-2
924 Yards, 6 TD, 3 INT, 63%
Syracuse SOS-31 (RealTimeRPI.com)

Again A slight advantage to Nassib against tougher opponents. Turning over the ball less and scoring more often as well.

Who are they Throwing To?

Miami Oh-

Nick Harwell-68 Rec, 870 Yds, 8 TD
Class of 2014 29th Ranked Receiver (CBSsports.com)

Dawan Scott-57 Rec, 851 Yds, 7 TD
Projected Undrafted

Andy Cruse-74 Rec, 684 Yds, 6 TD
SO with good skill set. 6-4 deep threat.

Syracuse-

Alec Lenon- 70 Rec, 1063 Yds, 7 TD
Class of 2013 33rd Ranked Receiver, 7th round

Marcus Sales-63 Rec, 863 Yds, 8 TD
Projected Undrafted

Jarred West-42 Rec, 571 Yds, 2 TD
Young Raw Junior who is projected Undrafted

Neither Have truly any targets to throw to and They are unlikely to be NFL players.

Final Comparison-

2012 stats-
Passing-Nassib
Rushing-Dysert
Turnovers/Game Control-Nassib

Skill Set-
Size-Dysert
Athletisism-Dysert
Arm Strength-Dysert
Accuracy-Nassib
Harder to bring down-Nassib(only sacked 12 times to dyserts 34)

Game Experience-
W/L:
Dysert: 19-31
Nassib: 20-17
GS: Dysert 46
Nassib: 37

Conclusion-Both the two players can be sucsessful in the NFL. I think Dysert can be a Big Ben type player and Nassib can play like a Matt Ryan. Two very evenly talented prospects. Though I Might be fighting a losing battle against my fellow jets fans my opinion is Ryan Nassib is the better QB for the jets future. Yes he can look bad at times all 3rd round prospects will have ugly moments but the main point is he has lead some winning squads, doesn't turn over the ball and is a good QB. He keeps them tight in games and steps up in the big ones. Now with that being said would i be disapponted if we drafted Dysert. No, i think he is more of a coventianal QB then Nassib but I just think with a player in the MAC he should not throw as many INTs as he has thrown in his 4 year career.

Thanks to Jamison. on the sig.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dysert.

You can't judge the two based off stats. Dysert may have faced worse competition, but he had one of the worst supporting casts in the entire FBS. If you watch his highlight tapes, his receivers drop many balls and often struggle to get open.

Both are likely Day 2 picks.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks and no thanks.

Jamison.'s Gallery
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have to watch more dysert. I hear his WR's are horrible. That's about it. Can you do one like this with Bray, Glennon, & Wilson, or just two of them? I love the breakdown you did for these two. I really don't know who to pick out of these two.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Still have to watch more dysert. I hear his WR's are horrible. That's about it. Can you do one like this with Bray, Glennon, & Wilson, or just two of them? I love the breakdown you did for these two. I really don't know who to pick out of these two.
yea ill work on Bray/Wilson

green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

We should do a community QB ranking. Would probably be better once we get a better idea of who will declare.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

We should do a community QB ranking. Would probably be better once we get a better idea of who will declare.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I'm growing into a Glennon fan. I want to see his #'s compared to the others. Or we can do like a voting playoff bracket . Compare 2 at a time until we pick everyone's favorite or the most liked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Dysert.

You can't judge the two based off stats. Dysert may have faced worse competition, but he had one of the worst supporting casts in the entire FBS. If you watch his highlight tapes, his receivers drop many balls and often struggle to get open.

Both are likely Day 2 picks.
Miami OH WR are bad ill agree with you on that but watch the rutgers or louisville tapes and you will see that SYR WRs drop a lot of wide open balls as well

green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I'm growing into a Glennon fan. I want to see his #'s compared to the others. Or we can do like a voting playoff bracket . Compare 2 at a time until we pick everyone's favorite or the most liked.

Or just start with everyone and eliminate them one by one. We would start with the best quarterback and work our way down.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Or just start with everyone and eliminate them one by one. We would start with the best quarterback and work our way down.

Yeah thats a better idea. Getting everyone to agree on who is the best is going to be a challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Zac Dysert Vs. Ryan Nassib Reply with quote

Gtek06 wrote:
Skill Set-
Size-Dysert
Athletisism-Dysert
Arm Strength-Dysert
Accuracy-Nassib
Harder to bring down-Nassib(only sacked 12 times to dyserts 34)

No way this is true. Dysert's biggest strength may be his ability to escape pressure. Those stats just mean that Nassib has a better OL and/or playcalling that allows to get rid of the ball faster.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither has a good name.

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Matt Schaub
Matt Ryan

all short and to the point. Then the next group have two syllables. All roll right off the tongue.

Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Andy Dalton
Matthew Stafford
Robert Griffin

Then guys like

Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Brady Quinn
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Cassell
Blaine Gabbert

just bad names and doesn't roll off the tongue.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Yeah thats a better idea. Getting everyone to agree on who is the best is going to be a challenge.

I say we include:

Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Zac Dysert
Mike Glennon
Ryan Nassib
Tyler Bray (if he declares)
Matt Barkley
EJ Manuel
Landry Jones
Aaron Murray (if he declares)
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Neither has a good name.

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Matt Schaub
Matt Ryan

all short and to the point. Then the next group have two syllables. All roll right off the tongue.

Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Andy Dalton
Matthew Stafford
Robert Griffin

Then guys like

Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Brady Quinn
Joe Flacco
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Cassell
Blaine Gabbert

just bad names and doesn't roll off the tongue.

They're both better than Roethlisberger.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Nassib numbers against top 25 teams this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: