Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round Big Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3575
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1st Round Big Board Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
kbraun7 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

Geno Smith is not going to be a jet and hes terrible anyway.

My big board goes as is.

1) Damontre Moore
2) Bjoern Woerner
3) Chance Warmack
4) Sam Montegomery
5) Terrance Williams
6) Barkevious Mingo
7) Star Lotulelei
8 Barrett Jones
9) Mike Gillislee
10) Travis Long


This may surprise a few of you but honestly i believe those are the best players in this draft as is. Woerner is a guy i think that everyone should start paying attention to, hes a dominant pass rusher. Gillislee is the best running back in this draft.


No Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan?


People can say whatever they want about Jarvis Jones but i just see him being an average OLB at best in the NFL and he reminds of courtney upshaw who i think is a decent player but in my draft board ive listed pass rushers that i think can physically dominate at the next level. I think Dion Jordan is alright but i would never spend a 1st rounder on him. I think hes overhyped and hasnt looked that great this year to be honest. He in my mind is a second round pick.

In my mind my top 5 are all going to be good nfl players with a chance to be pro bowlers.

Courtney Upshaw is a god awful comparison for Jarvis Jones. Upshaw is not nearly as quick and explosive as Jones and has probably half the arsenal of pass rush moves of Jones. They don't even have the same body type and were not asked to do the same things in college.

Best comparison I've seen for Jones so far is Von Miller.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kbraun7


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 193
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a mockdraft with this outcome:
Jets trade back from #10 to #19 and #50 with the Bucs

1) Chance Warmack
2) Terrance Williams
3) Chase Thomas
3) Joseph Randle

I love this draft personally
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 804
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Round Big Board Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
kbraun7 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

Geno Smith is not going to be a jet and hes terrible anyway.

My big board goes as is.

1) Damontre Moore
2) Bjoern Woerner
3) Chance Warmack
4) Sam Montegomery
5) Terrance Williams
6) Barkevious Mingo
7) Star Lotulelei
8 Barrett Jones
9) Mike Gillislee
10) Travis Long


This may surprise a few of you but honestly i believe those are the best players in this draft as is. Woerner is a guy i think that everyone should start paying attention to, hes a dominant pass rusher. Gillislee is the best running back in this draft.


No Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan?


People can say whatever they want about Jarvis Jones but i just see him being an average OLB at best in the NFL and he reminds of courtney upshaw who i think is a decent player but in my draft board ive listed pass rushers that i think can physically dominate at the next level. I think Dion Jordan is alright but i would never spend a 1st rounder on him. I think hes overhyped and hasnt looked that great this year to be honest. He in my mind is a second round pick.

In my mind my top 5 are all going to be good nfl players with a chance to be pro bowlers.

Courtney Upshaw is a god awful comparison for Jarvis Jones. Upshaw is not nearly as quick and explosive as Jones and has probably half the arsenal of pass rush moves of Jones. They don't even have the same body type and were not asked to do the same things in college.

Best comparison I've seen for Jones so far is Von Miller.


I never meant they have the same skill set or are the same player, but at about the end of the regular season Upshaw was a top 10 pick and everyone on here wanted him so bad, he was in everyones mock drafts but then he dropped. Upshaws not a dominant player and i dont think Jarvis will be either. I can just picture jarvis being a guy that slowly drops because at his height and weight he should be able to turn his hips quick and run a good 40, and if he doesnt do that then teams will shy a way. The nfl is a whole different ball game, at his size and weight you cant expect him to over power guys at the next level but his speed will be significant. In my eyes he lacks intensity and motivation. I dont like him and i dont find him being dominant at the next level.

Woerner and Moore are the two best pass rushers in the draft. Im very intrigued by Woerner though, if this guy carries all the characteristics to make a switch to OLB, i could see him being the best fit and best player in this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 804
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was just posted to rotoworld


One NFL college scouting director told the NFL Network's Albert Breer that Georgia junior OLB Jarvis Jones is a player that the "sum is greater than the parts."

Breer states that Jones' less than ideal frame and lack of top-end speed has "some in the scouting community doubting he's the top-overall pick-type others have projected him to be." We have agreed with this notion all along, stating that Jones' quickness around the edge is undeniable but he currently lacks the length and strength to win with counter moves. This Saturday's game against Alabama will be critical for Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3575
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do my top 15 for the Jets

1. Damontre Moore
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Sam Montgomery
4. Tyler Bray
5. Manti Te'o
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Cordarelle Patterson
8. Keenan Allen
9. Chance Warmack
10. Luke Joeckel
11. Taylor Lewan
12. Star Lotulelei
13. Geno Smith
14. Tyler Wilson
15. Justin Hunter
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 604
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Moore all day long, all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I'll do my top 15 for the Jets

1. Damontre Moore
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Sam Montgomery
4. Tyler Bray
5. Manti Te'o
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Cordarelle Patterson
8. Keenan Allen
9. Chance Warmack
10. Luke Joeckel
11. Taylor Lewan
12. Star Lotulelei
13. Geno Smith
14. Tyler Wilson
15. Justin Hunter


Manti Te'o is not special enough to be ahead of players like Jones. Even if we didn't have such a huge need at OLB, I would still much rather have Jones. Te'o is not going to be as good as he was in college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyone's thoughts on Cordarrelle Patterson and Bjorn Werner?
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3575
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
I'll do my top 15 for the Jets

1. Damontre Moore
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Sam Montgomery
4. Tyler Bray
5. Manti Te'o
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Cordarelle Patterson
8. Keenan Allen
9. Chance Warmack
10. Luke Joeckel
11. Taylor Lewan
12. Star Lotulelei
13. Geno Smith
14. Tyler Wilson
15. Justin Hunter


Manti Te'o is not special enough to be ahead of players like Jones. Even if we didn't have such a huge need at OLB, I would still much rather have Jones. Te'o is not going to be as good as he was in college.

Te'o is right up there with Kuechly as a prospect. We'll know more after the combine. He has an elite all-around game and elite intangibles, I don't know how people don't see him as a can't-miss prospect.

With that said, I really like Jones as a prospect too. However, his spine problem really scares me, which is why I have him where I do. The only pass rusher I'm really gung-ho about is Damontre Moore. He has similar length and speed to Mingo and similar strength and power to Montgomery. He is the total package, but I think he's gonna go top 5, so unless we really suck for the rest of the year or trade up we probably won't get him.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3575
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on Cordarrelle Patterson and Bjorn Werner?

I LOVE Patterson. His change of direction ability is absurd and if there was ever a constant trait that all good NFL players have, it's that. Then consider his straight-line speed and acceleration and his fundamental ability and you're looking at a future #1 WR. Even though I think we should address a position other than WR in the first round, I would be happy if we got him.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
I'll do my top 15 for the Jets

1. Damontre Moore
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Sam Montgomery
4. Tyler Bray
5. Manti Te'o
6. Jarvis Jones
7. Cordarelle Patterson
8. Keenan Allen
9. Chance Warmack
10. Luke Joeckel
11. Taylor Lewan
12. Star Lotulelei
13. Geno Smith
14. Tyler Wilson
15. Justin Hunter


Manti Te'o is not special enough to be ahead of players like Jones. Even if we didn't have such a huge need at OLB, I would still much rather have Jones. Te'o is not going to be as good as he was in college.

Te'o is right up there with Kuechly as a prospect. We'll know more after the combine. He has an elite all-around game and elite intangibles, I don't know how people don't see him as a can't-miss prospect.

With that said, I really like Jones as a prospect too. However, his spine problem really scares me, which is why I have him where I do. The only pass rusher I'm really gung-ho about is Damontre Moore. He has similar length and speed to Mingo and similar strength and power to Montgomery. He is the total package, but I think he's gonna go top 5, so unless we really suck for the rest of the year or trade up we probably won't get him.


Te'o is not very athletic and isn't a great tackler. He also rush the passer or shed blocks that well. I wouldn't take him until the late 1st. He might be a solid starter, but not worth all the hype.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7658
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
this was just posted to rotoworld


One NFL college scouting director told the NFL Network's Albert Breer that Georgia junior OLB Jarvis Jones is a player that the "sum is greater than the parts."

Breer states that Jones' less than ideal frame and lack of top-end speed has "some in the scouting community doubting he's the top-overall pick-type others have projected him to be." We have agreed with this notion all along, stating that Jones' quickness around the edge is undeniable but he currently lacks the length and strength to win with counter moves. This Saturday's game against Alabama will be critical for Jones.


I was just thinking about this earlier today as I was talking to a Bulldog fan. He agreed that Jones doesn't really show a lot of pass rushing moves. The game against Alabama will be huge for him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group