Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kendall Hunter Out For Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Kendall Hunter Out For Season Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch (@Eric_Branch)
RT @MikeGarafolo: Source says #49ers running back Kendall Hunter is done for the season with an ankle injury: http://t.co/9UY2wjix
(https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/273481100385460224)

Wow!!!!! That is huge news and big blow to our run offense. Time for Jacobs and Dixon to step up but they don't provide what Hunter does.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kendall Hunter Out For Season Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
RT @MikeGarafolo: Source says #49ers running back Kendall Hunter is done for the season with an ankle injury: http://t.co/9UY2wjix

Wow!!!!! That is huge news and big blow to our run offense. Time for Jacobs and Dixon to step up but they don't provide what Hunter does.

that is a big blow.... hopefully LMJ comes in and steps up

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kendall Hunter Out For Season Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

we all know who does though Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're so lucky we have some depth on offense, this year. Good luck James, and see you next year, Kendall!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James is a different RB from Hunter though. They may be the same height or similar, but Hunter is much stronger. I still think Jacobs will be the guy taking his carries and will have to step up in a big way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you guys think LMJ will be carrying the role Hunter had? I just can't picture our dual threat being Jacobs and Gore, but if so they could wear out a defense big time.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this sucks. I was hoping it wasn't serious since during the game they said he was questionable to return.

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
James is a different RB from Hunter though. They may be the same height or similar, but Hunter is much stronger. I still think Jacobs will be the guy taking his carries and will have to step up in a big way.

Not quite as strong, but LMJ is not a weak guy for a smaller back. He can run between the tackles. Now, I feel much better about us having selected him and signing Jacobs.

Sucks... get well soon, Kendall. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

they arent totally the same but they do provide the team with the ability to bounce it to the outside and out run people. The biggest difference between the two is that Hunter thinks hes a 220 lbs running back and runs like it too. He possesses uncanny strength for such a small man. He can truck and push the pile as well as a bigger back can.

I think James may actually be faster and quicker then Hunter which is scary because Hunter is pretty darn fast. I fully expect James to be active the rest of the season and probably in the playoffs as well. One thing is for sure, we need to get this guy involved somehow because hes clearly not happy and having Jacobs there trying to ruin his career isnt helping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this opens Jacobs' eyes about Harbaugh saying he needed him 100% for the stretch run rather than him being 80% for a Giants revenge game.

*(as an extra blocker)
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fate ... we go most of the season without almost any serious injuries, and then lose two guys on the very same play. I think I'll always remember the two of them sitting side by side on the same cart and being driven off the field.

Anyway, Jenkins and James are going to be really good players. Hopefully they've been toiling behind the scenes, learning the offense, and ready to burst onto the scene ... at least that's what I'm hoping.

I do think Jacobs will get most of the carries that would have gone to Hunter, but if James makes the active roster he's a much more explosive kind of runner than Hunter. Hunter is more of a smaller version of Gore; James is more of a Sproles type of back. I think we can get him some screens and pitches that will add yet another dimension to our offense and make it even more explosive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm going to be the lone guy to say this but i don't want Jacobs on the field at all. I would much rather get LMJ on the field with Gore and Dixon.
I know what Jacobs brings to the table but as a fan i have to hope they put this ungrateful SOB on the bench or on the streets where he belongs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tore his Achilles according to Barrows....

Isn't that even worse than an ACL tear?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
He tore his Achilles according to Barrows....

Isn't that even worse than an ACL tear?

Yeah very worse. If true he might not even be back by the beginning of the season next year unless he pulls a Suggs. This news sucks.

^Kempes^
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its the same injury that Suggs had.A complete Achilles blow out could be a career ender though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: