Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith is worth drafting number one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
One more thing Nic. Jim Harbaugh is saying the same thing Jamie Dukes is saying. Actually no, Jim Harbaugh is literally doing it.

Jim Harbaugh is rolling with his guy. I never doubted he would at some point in time. So I guess I will roll this out to you - how are we going to address the QB situation? Draft Geno Smith and have Stanzi is backup? Just wondering. You seem to shoot down every possible candidate that is thrown out there. We missed out on Peyton Manning. That is water under the bridge. So other than backing up a Brinks truck to Joe Flacco's house if he is franchised (and coughing up two 1st round picks), how do we get to the light at the end of the tunnel?

2008 draft = Matt Ryan
2009 draft = Matt Stafford
2009 draft = Josh Freeman
2010 draft = Sam Bradford
2011 draft = Cam Newton
2011 draft = Jake Locker
2012 draft = Andrew Luck
2012 draft = RGIII

All of the backups that competed with those draft picks that year:

Chris Redman
Shaun Hill
Josh Johnson + Byron Leftwich
A.J Feeley
Jimmy Clausen + Derek Anderson
Matt Hassleback
Drew Stanton
Kirk Cousins

Which group would you rather have a qb from? The draft, or the free agency/waiver wire list? We get our guy in the draft. End. Of. Story.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Oh, and I was talking more about the throws that Smith had to make in that game. He made the passes he had to so the team could actually have a shot at winning in the end. Cassel would have thrown a pick on a RB outlet pass with 2 minutes left.

I think you aren't understanding what my point is. I am not comparing Smith to Cassel. I am comparing Smith to a qb we SHOULD draft this year. I know Cassel is garbage, you don't need to tell me that. But Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson will be at worst an Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
lawful yet1 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
^but is Hudson going to the probowl?

are the only good OL probowlers? That is news to me.

An OLine with 1-2 pro bowlers and 3-4 average to below average is apparently better than having 5 above average with 2 just below pro bowl level, for example.

Atleast that's what i'm learning from this thread.

Also Ryk was referring to the '10 Packers and lawful is referring to the '96 Packers. Pimping Timmerman as a pro bowler to prove a point is great, but he was only in his 2nd or 3rd year and was not a pro bowler at that time...even if he was at that level, what about the rest of the line...not to mention you're not even talking about the right Packer team.
5 above average who are they why havent i ever seen them on the feild are they hurt? Albert yes Asomoah he's getting there who in the world are the outher 3 please fill me in here

I never said we had 5 above average...that was just an example of you putting pro bowls above all else, most consider that a ridiculous way to assess a line. We have atleast 3 above average and I would guess Winston is an above average RT too....and like Bigs said Allen has a great chance of being above average.
take the homer helmet off please Allen has shown nouthing at all that would lead someone to think there is any hope he could ever even become mediocre the dude is lazzy and has no clue what he's doing

he's a rookie. Tons of rookies struggle early on and then are fine. He's shown flashes of great play, he just doesn't do it consistently. He just needs to continue to work on his technique and continue to get used to the speed of the game. I don't know why you think he's "lazy"
becuase i have seen him standing around watching the play happen way to many times and ive seen every snap of every game what is this great play stuff your talking about you sure your watching kc and not some outher team?
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen has struggled mightily at times for sure, but he has had his bright spots, like in the Ravens game against one of the better interior d-lines in the league, and often against one of the best DT's of this decade in Ngata - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/10/12/3485928/kansas-city-chiefs-Jeff-allen

Here's my favorite one:
Quote:
Snap 17- Run right inside the T. Allen vs. Ngata. Ngata gets inside his pads and they move towards the ball together, but Allen manages to stop (STOP!) the movement. I'm not making this up. Ngata then loses his footing, and JC gets 10. Seriously, I cannot believe how toe-to-toe Allen is playing this guy.

So why is he struggling now, well, largely because he's got a poor center playing next to him. When Lilja was there, he played much better. A center is very important to the LG's play. Inserting someone new, as well as some not even as good as Lilja has hurt him.

He's shown flashes for sure, and yes has a lot of work to do too.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: