Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
I wouldnt trade DHB without really good compensation. IMO, Palmer should trust Moore less than DHB of late. Moore has dropped way more passes and has constantly not been where he needs to be. Moore is a good red zone threat but DHB breaks tackles, blocks better and comes up with big plays in critical moments when given a chance more often than not. Certainly more often than Moore has. I just dont see a reason to create another need for a low draft pick that may not pan out at all.

DHB isn't worth 'really good compensation'. He's very average.

If it's up to me, I get rid of DHB and sign Greg Jennings. Give Carson a legit #1, let Moore work against #2 CBs and Ford in the slot.

I wonder what type contract Jennings will command after this injury filled season? He's still a solid #1 option and the vet presence this team is lacking for years,

Exactly, so why trade him? If you dont like him as #1/#2 WR just dont force him to be that. Doesnt mean you have to get rid of him. Then you have to replace your depth anyways so why make the change.

Streeter and Criner can replicate what DHB does as a WR with potential for more.

So let's say you add Jennings. Now you have Jennings, Moore, Ford, Criner, Streeter, Hagan.

DHB has no place. He will be gone regardless w/ his contract IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
I wouldnt trade DHB without really good compensation. IMO, Palmer should trust Moore less than DHB of late. Moore has dropped way more passes and has constantly not been where he needs to be. Moore is a good red zone threat but DHB breaks tackles, blocks better and comes up with big plays in critical moments when given a chance more often than not. Certainly more often than Moore has. I just dont see a reason to create another need for a low draft pick that may not pan out at all.

If it's up to me, I get rid of DHB and sign Greg Jennings. Give Carson a legit #1, let Moore work against #2 CBs and Ford in the slot.

I wonder what type contract Jennings will command after this injury filled season? He's still a solid #1 option and the vet presence this team is lacking for years,

Exactly, so why trade him? If you dont like him as #1/#2 WR just dont force him to be that. Doesnt mean you have to get rid of him. Then you have to replace your depth anyways so why make the change.

Streeter and Criner can replicate what DHB does as a WR with potential for more.

So let's say you add Jennings. Now you have Jennings, Moore, Ford, Criner, Streeter, Hagan.

DHB has no place. He will be gone regardless w/ his contract IMO.

I see the logic, however imo DHB>Hagan. Ford is an injury waiting to happen not to mention he hasnt been that hot as a receiver when he was playing. Still not sold on Criner/Streeter yet either. They can just extend his contract and rework the numbers which I think can be done easily. As it stands he is still the second best receiver we have.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Because he reminds you of the Al Davis era and you don't like him. Same reason DVD and Chekwa have been replaced with the bums currently on this roster. Ego trip decisions. It's about to happen, no doubt.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Because he reminds you of the Al Davis era and you don't like him. Same reason DVD and Chekwa have been replaced with the bums currently on this roster. Ego trip decisions. It's about to happen, no doubt.

DHB is becoming expendable. Our rookies can bring what he does to the team on the field. Add his contract in for next year which has a $10.6 mill cap hit and the writing is on the wall.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I think it's mainly because he's pretty average while getting paid like a superstar. His drop on Sunday was just horrible.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

DHB is becoming expendable. Our rookies can bring what he does to the team on the field. Add his contract in for next year which has a $10.6 mill cap hit and the writing is on the wall.

As much as I rooted for Bey, it is true. I think he's gone.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

You honestly think that? DVD and check couldn't beat out those bums. Did you watch DVD in preseason?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

You honestly think that? DVD and check couldn't beat out those bums. Did you watch DVD in preseason?

Chekwa got smoked so bad Paul Gutierrez started calling him Chimney Chekwa.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Why not get rid of Ford (who has more trade value) and play DHB in the slot?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I think Ford has more value to this team as a returner than a player who needs to be relied on as aWR, and DHB will be making entirely too much money.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

DHB doesn't have the hands to be a consistent WR. A slot WR needs to be a guy who can get open and make the catch on 3rd down. You see DHB on 3rd down last week?

I like DHB. Respect the heck out of him, but he's just not a good WR.

Also, Ford's trade value? 2 injury filled seasons. Does he have any?

Trade Ford and DHB, sign Jennings and give me Tavon Austin. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

Yes. A GM wouldn't release 2nd year players to replace them with the likes of Adams, Francies and Ross if he was responsible for their drafting. This isn't to say both of them played well but the guys who took their spots haven't exactly been upgrades. This is more about keeping your people, which happens in any business with a new boss.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

Yes. A GM wouldn't release 2nd year players to replace them with the likes of Adams, Francies and Ross if he was responsible for their drafting. This isn't to say both of them played well but the guys who took their spots haven't exactly been upgrades. This is more about keeping your people, which happens in any business with a new boss.

So Wiz, Veldheer, Branch and every other Al Davis pick will be gone this off-season?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

So Wiz, Veldheer, Branch and every other Al Davis pick will be gone this off-season?

Probably not, as they've already proved to be good players. DVD and Chekwa weren't given the chance to develop and were replaced by subpar players who at best are in the same situation, as they need time to develop.
dmac505

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Laughing

I dont think he was saying with all our players, just the crappy ones.. i read it like this;

RM would rather have his own crappy guys on the team, then Al Davis' crappy guys on the team.

Every GM / Owner, will see something in players that no one else does and will want them for it. RM saw nothing out of DVD, but obviously sees something in Adams.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: