Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
early43

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Thought I give one a try. I dont really understand cap numbers and salaries so ill just not even bother posting salary numbers with free agent but will try and keep it realistic. I know this isnt Madden.

HC- Dennis Allen STAYS WITH THE 4-3
DC- Jason Tarver: IMO, No blame can be placed on Tarver only because we have absoultly no star talent on defense. He may very well be a young Wade Phillips but without players, we couldnt possibly know. Allen will find a OC that can run the offensive side of the ball, leaving him to help Tarver along and grow into the position.

Top Priority:

1) New OC- I hate Knapp... not dislike him, but seriously hate the guy only because im completely jealous that he somehow has a job in the NFL as a play caller. I have high hopes for Dennis Allen but if he wants to be successful, he'll need to upgrade his OC position. I betting once the season is over, McK and Davis will both force Allen to ax his friend.

New OC: Pat Hill- currently offensive line coach in ATL.

After much conversations with McK, Allen decides to go away from his stated desire to be a ZBS-WCO and hires Pat Hill. There is no denying what he has done in Atlanta as OL coach. Plus, what he was able to do while at Fresno will be much welcomed to our offense as I think our personnel fits what he likes to do. By hiring Hill, we kill two birds with one stone by improving both play calling and Oline performance.

Cuts:

Richard Seymour- Cant see a team trading for him with his salary. Hes washed up, on balky knees, and Ive never viewed him as the "leader" some say he is. Im sure some dead money will be eaten on our part. Again, sorry but im not up on all the cap numbers.

Tommy Kelly- Simply put, addition by subtraction. I was tempted to do a trade with Detroit only because he seems like a player Detroit would trade for but went with a straight cut. Again, I assume we eat some money on this.

Willie Smith- Umm... terrible.

Travis Goethal- Cant stay healthy

Restructures:

Palmer- Im a big Palmer supporter and would have no problem with paying him the 13mil hes owed next year. But I do think McK will get him to restructure.

Huff- Im assuming he will go back to FS once we get a decent CB to go along with Bartell. But he has played well at CB so its really a unknown. Position aside, I see him restructuring again. In this mock, I got us signing Goldson so Huff stays at CB.

Rolando McClain- I see Ro being asked to either restructure and take a pay cut, or being cut outright. Guy just never panned out as a 4-3 LB. Cutting him would be more ideal but Im just assuming that with Kelly and Seymour both cut and having their dead money on the books, cutting Ro in the same offseason would be too much.

Resigns:

Dez Bryant- With both Kelly and Seymour gone, it will be time for Bryant to shine finally. I think hes a solid young peice to build around moving forward.

Matt Shaughnessy- Much like Bryant, Shaggy is a solid young piece to build around. Hes better suited for the left side but is solid in run defense. Shaggy, Bryant, Houston are all solid run defense and good pieces to build with.

Khalif Barnes- Team will go with Bergstrom as either the starting LG or RT, depending on how free agency turns out. Barnes will be brought back for depth as a swing tackle.

Brandon Myers- Solid stop-gap TE for us that shouldnt break the bank. Palmer shows good chemistry with him.

Phillip Wheeler- Nothing spectacular about his play just a solid role player who can be counted on to do his job.

Ron Bartell- Decent option at CB if healthy
Mike Goodson- Good backup
Mike Mitchell- He may think hes a future starter in the league, I think hes a career special teamer/depth player.
Chimdi Chekwa- Will get the roster spot next year.
Marquette King
Joselio Hansen- Solid slot CB.
Zac Hurd- ERFA
Philip Adams- RFA
Coye Francis- ERFA
Alex Parson- ERFA

Free Agents:

I cant really see us being big players in FA and I think its a good thing. Too long have we been trying to win with a patchwork roster. Mck will bargain shop again and build through the draft but I do think that with us being so depleted of talent and a lack of draft picks, he will sign one above-average FA only because he almost has to in order to infuse talent into the roster.

Dashon Goldson, FS: SF has little cap room and a whole slew of players they need to resign. Staley, Bowman, RJ-F, Boone to name a few. I cant see them being able to sign a top tier FS as well. This is a problem I hope we can one day can have. Having to let good players walk because we have other good players to resign. You cant resign everyone and Goldson will surely want to test the market. Much like GB signing Woodson, McK will sign us our leader of the secondary. From a buisness standpoint, safeties tend to be cheaper than most other position so this makes sense for McK to try and sign a impact player at the FS position.

Glenn Dorsey, DT: Been miscast as a 3-4 DE in KC and in need of a career revival. I read about people calling for the big 350lb run stuffer and I just shake my head. Run defense is all about leverage and technique. Dorsey has always been a great technichian with outstanding effort.

Larry Grant, LB: As with Goldson, SF will most likely watch Grant walk into a starting spot for another team. I think he can be a solid spot starter. Prob never a pro bowler or All Pro type but just a solid role player, much like Phillip Wheeler.

Evan Dietrich-Smith, LG: Has ties to McK and allows Bergstrom to settle in at RT. Nothing special but definetly better than our current LG.

Darryl Tapp, DE: We are lacking anything that resembles a pass rusher on this team. Speed off the edge would do wonders for our secondary. Tapp will never be a double digit sack guy but can be a stop-gap.

Steve Smith, WR: Cheap slot WR that could possibly return to form from a few seasons ago.

Trades:

DHB to Miami for their 4th and 6th round picks.

Its clear Palmer isnt too impressed with DHB and I cant say I blame him. Guys still cant be counted on to make basic catches, still catches with his body and just isnt really wanted with the progression of Streeter. Add Criner whos starting to get more playing time and the writing is on the way. Miami has to get more weapons around their QBOTF.

Draft:

Round #1

1) KC- Geno Smith, QB, WV
2) Jax- Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, UGA
3) Cle- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
4) Car- Johnathan Hawkins, NT, OSU
5) NYJ- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
6) Oak- TRADE-Arizona needs a QB and cant wait for Matt Barkley, fearing that Philly who picks after us may take them. Arizona trades up from #8 to draft Barkley. We get pick #8 in the 1st and 3rd round.
7) Philly- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Cool Oak- Dion Jordan- DE, Oregon
After the trade down, McK take the best pass rusher available because after how poorly our defense showed in 2012, he really has no other choice. Jordan may be raw, tweener, ect... Aldon Smith, JPP were also raw and they turned out. The LSU DE's may be better prospects but I dont trust either one as being the pass rusher that Jordan can eventually be. If used similar to how Smith was used in SF, we will see immediate results in QB pressures and sacks.

Round #2

Carson Palmer

Round #3

6) Desmond Trufant, CB, Wash

Cool Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Round #4

6) Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin

13) Zeke Motta, S, ND

Round #5

6) Denard Robinson, WR/RB/KR, Mich

Round #6

6) William Gholston, DE, Mich St

13) Kyle Long, T, Ore

Round #7

4) Via Murphy trade: Alonzo Highsmith, OLB, Arkansas

6) Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue

Offense:

QB- Palmer, Pryor,
RB- DMC, Goodson, Taylor, Jones
FB- Reece, Gordon
WR- Moore, Streeter, Smith
WR2- Ford, Criner, Robinson
TE- Meyers, Gordon, Ausberry
LT- Veldheer, Barnes, Hurd
LG- Dietrich-Smith, Frederick
C- Wiz, Parson, Frederick
RG- Brisiel, Nix
RT- Bergstrom, Barnes, Long

Defense: 4-3

RE- Shaunghnessy, Jordon, Gholston
DT- Bryant, Bilukidi
DT- Dorsey, Houston
LE- Houston, Crawford, Jordon
SLB- Wheeler, Kurn, Highsmith
MLB- Grant, McClain
WLB- Burris, Clayton, Kurn
CB- Bartell, Hansen, Chekwe
CB- Huff, Trufant, Adams, Johnson,
FS- Goldson, Motta, Huff
SS- Branch, Mitchell

ST:
Jano, Condo, King.

Thoughts? Pipe dream?
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Chiefs: (1-10) - 89-167 (.347)
2. Jaguars: (2-9) - 97-159 (.378)
3. Raiders: (3-8 ) - 81-175 (.316)
4. Browns: (3-8 ) - 89-167 (.347)
5. Eagles: (3-8 ) - 90-166 (.351)
6. Panthers: (3-8 ) - 92-164 (.359)
7. Chargers: (4-7) - 80-176 (.312)
8. Bills: (4-7) - 83-173 (.324)
9. Jets: (4-7) - 89-167 (.347)
10. Rams: (4-7) - 93-163 (.363)
11. Titans: (4-7) - 94-162 (.367)
12. Cardinals: (4-7) - 95-161 (.371)
13. Lions: (4-7) - 100-156 (.390)

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan is not the best option for us there even at DE IMO
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

Yeah, DaMontre Moore is the consensus 1st edge rusher off the board atm. Mingo is slowly falling. JJ doesn't play DE (I've never seen him with his hand in the dirt).

visually appealing. at least I can read it.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more rookie OCs.
We need somebody with experience to get all the pieces together.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaching Changes:

Pat Hill is a regraded coach. But is bringing in another rookie the best option?

Free Agency:

Good additions. Dorsey or Hill is priority #1 IMO. Need vet Dline to help build around.

Goldson will be expensive. Raiders had him in year before last and should have signed him then. Mistake then and he's only gotten better.

Trade

Dream scenario, but DHB isn't being traded w/ his contract IMO. He's about as valuable as Murphy, which is to say not very.

Draft

Cleveland going WR - Nothing to do w/ Oakland but Little and Gordon in the last 2 drafts. Don't see it.

In favor of a trade down, but Jordan is a bad pick. He's a late 1st type. Situational pass rusher. Raiders need more of an impact.

Trufant will be a 2nd round pick.

Gholston will go way earlier than the 6th. He's already ascending the draft boards.

Overall, some good things. I don't like the draft pick of Jordan that high. Love Dorsey in FA, he'd be a nice piece. If McClain is still a Raider and getting starting reps, it's not a good look.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams would run all over us.... again.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

+1

I'd rather go Moore or Star here. I like the DHB trade and the Dorsey signing and the Trufant pick. I honestly dont know anything about ATL's coach so I cant speak on that, but I'm happy with an OC change.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade DHB without really good compensation. IMO, Palmer should trust Moore less than DHB of late. Moore has dropped way more passes and has constantly not been where he needs to be. Moore is a good red zone threat but DHB breaks tackles, blocks better and comes up with big plays in critical moments when given a chance more often than not. Certainly more often than Moore has. I just dont see a reason to create another need for a low draft pick that may not pan out at all.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I wouldnt trade DHB without really good compensation. IMO, Palmer should trust Moore less than DHB of late. Moore has dropped way more passes and has constantly not been where he needs to be. Moore is a good red zone threat but DHB breaks tackles, blocks better and comes up with big plays in critical moments when given a chance more often than not. Certainly more often than Moore has. I just dont see a reason to create another need for a low draft pick that may not pan out at all.

DHB isn't worth 'really good compensation'. He's very average.

If it's up to me, I get rid of DHB and sign Greg Jennings. Give Carson a legit #1, let Moore work against #2 CBs and Ford in the slot.

I wonder what type contract Jennings will command after this injury filled season? He's still a solid #1 option and the vet presence this team is lacking for years,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan only makes sense if we trade back and move to a 3-4.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

If it's up to me, I get rid of DHB and sign Greg Jennings. Give Carson a legit #1, let Moore work against #2 CBs and Ford in the slot.

I wonder what type contract Jennings will command after this injury filled season? He's still a solid #1 option and the vet presence this team is lacking for years,

I'm hesitant on Jennings, seems like when we signed what's his face who never produced. I'm only basing it off of injury though, if he comes in and passes a phyical then let's do it. Btw how old is he now?
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Wouldn't signing Jennings be a win now move though? I think this offense could be good with him and a new play-caller, but we kind of have to pick a direction and roll with it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Wouldn't signing Jennings be a win now move though? I think this offense could be good with him and a new play-caller, but we kind of have to pick a direction and roll with it.

I don't think so, if the contract is reasonable. He's a FA coming off a miserable season with injury. So who knows what the market for him is.

A 'win now' signing would be trading picks for players. Adding a sound FA is just good business.

Look at the impact VJax had to Tampa's offense. That's not a win now move. They just helped everyone in that offense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Exactly, so why trade him? If you dont like him as #1/#2 WR just dont force him to be that. Doesnt mean you have to get rid of him. Then you have to replace your depth anyways so why make the change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: