Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking News: Chris Palmer canned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin is definitely better than last year, every metric site shows that. McCourty's metrics have also continued improving. Klug is a one trick pony passrusher, and we've been playing from behind and in short down/distance to put him on the field. Babs is fading due to age. Robert Johnson is raw, and again, out system makes safeties look terrible (although that's improving).

McCarthy has regressed because he WAS injured. He had a bum ankle- he came back when he still had a bum ankle, and you tell me how good your conditioning is when you haven't been able to run for 8 weeks. His skills haven't regressed- he's just not in shape from being injured. How you think that is on Munchak is beyond me.

Ayers, Morgan, Wimbley, Marks, Casey, Verner, Brown all look better and better each week.

Again, separate TECHNICAL skills from their play- I've been a big critic of Gray's scheme all year. He built a scheme that relied on having a healthy McCarthy, and then stubbornly stuck with it. But essentially every player on defense looks better, in their individual play, than last year. The defense has sucked because the scheme doesn't fit the players.

And, not to be a -, but Munch is an offensive coach. Can you really claim the players on offense are worse? The line has clearly improved week by week, and Velasco is now PFF's 4th ranked center. Locker was showing strides, and still is, before his injury. Wright has been getting better and better, Britt is slowly working his way in.

The offense doesn't produce because of the SCHEME. Not the players. It's clear that the option route offense creates way too much confusion between the QB and WRs, and we've essentially abandoned routes that work off each other to create space. Cook has been marginalized by the role of TEs in Palmer's system. I'd also argue heavily that the line wasn't even that terrible at the beginning of the year, just average. But Palmer tried to move us to a zone-blocking multi-hole scheme, which CJ has never been in and shows no ability in.

There are manager-coaches and mastermind-coaches. Munch is a manager coach. He made a bad decision in Palmer. He's correcting it now.
We'll see how it pays out.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch being a "CEO" type coach doesn't exonerate himself from the blame of our players not being prepared. It comes on the HC for not noticing that practices are not as intense as they should be or that the gameplan is not going to be affective.

Maybe Munch is in his office all practice while Palmer and Gray are out there?I understand that it's important that coordinators make sure that players understand their jobs. But we come out clearly unprepared many times. That blame goes on Munch, I'm sorry.

And thanks for the reminder that Munch is an offensive coach. I had no idea. A guy with his mind should maybe have stepped in and used his power over Palmer to make our offense a little less pathetic.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Has anyone else heard the Gruden rumor? I was listening to Fox Sports radio and they said it's about that time of year for the Gruden rumors to start again and the latest is Tennessee. I haven't heard it anywhere else but there. Any idea where it came from?

Iv heard the Tennessee Vols not the Tennessee Titans

Ahh I got confused they made it sound like the NFL. They were talking about he would probably take a job if the team had a quaterback that could win it all and he had a lot of power whooops

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs to make sure to keep blame off Munch for our guys looking uninspired and unprepared for this game.

It's all on Loggains and Gray because they are the coordinators and Munch doesnt call plays and Mike Griffin is playing better...........

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Everyone needs to make sure to keep blame off Munch for our guys looking uninspired and unprepared for this game.

It's all on Loggains and Gray because they are the coordinators and Munch doesnt call plays and Mike Griffin is playing better...........

Whoever said Griffin is playing better was going off some website's statistics alone. Everyone who knows anything knows those stats mean nothing.

The team is trash right now and Munchak is the barrel everyones burning in.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that frustrated me the most with Palmer is what frustrated me the most with Loggains today. Seriously, I don't know how I can possibly see this and the coaching staff can't, but we clearly move the ball most efficiently and effectively when we spread it out and run the hurry up. We don't need to run it every drive, but we also don't have to wait until we're desperate for a score. It just seems so simple to me.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
The thing that frustrated me the most with Palmer is what frustrated me the most with Loggains today. Seriously, I don't know how I can possibly see this and the coaching staff can't, but we clearly move the ball most efficiently and effectively when we spread it out and run the hurry up. We don't need to run it every drive, but we also don't have to wait until we're desperate for a score. It just seems so simple to me.

The life of an NFL fan, eh? I wonder the same things all the time, but realize that every team's fans wonder why their coordinators don't run things more often, less often, etc. It's not as simple as we make it out to be, I don't guess.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

The life of an NFL fan, eh? I wonder the same things all the time, but realize that every team's fans wonder why their coordinators don't run things more often, less often, etc. It's not as simple as we make it out to be, I don't guess.
I know, obviously there is something more to it. May have something to do with the fact that we have had enough of an issue keeping the offense on the field that we don't want to risk what little time our defense has to rest by running the hurry up, but it's clearly been the only time our offense has been effective the last two weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: