Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking News: Chris Palmer canned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and let's not forget the Chicago game. That score looked terrible, but seriously- four drives starting inside OUR redzone? How do you expect a defense to stand a chance in hell after that?

The Offense has been the big problem all year guys; as I think we all noticed, our TOP through the first 6 games (where our defense truly looked terrible) was worst in the league, at 20 mins on offense. Not only did we have to defend on way more drives than the average team, our defense was just exhausted (especially with no depth at DE). Now that our TOP has improved, Gray has been calling a lot more blitzes and taking more chances. We got burned on one big play last week, but that was a fluky one where three defenders all ran into each other. 7 sacks is nothing to sniff at.

I hope Loggains moves back to the Heimer system; CJ produced well in that, and our passing game was adequate, even with the incredible duo of KC and VY playing & much less talented receivers. With Locker and a much more talented group of receivers, I can see Heimer's system reallllllly kicking [inappropriate/removed]. Heimer's system also did a much better job of involving the TEs, which may work out great.

I think this is a good call; Loggains is young, talented, and well regarded. Maybe this might be a step up too soon for him, but I'm really excited to see how we innovate. This will be the first time since Heimer's first tenure (jesus, over a decade) that our offense is going to be truly innovative.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Palmer has 4 first rounders.. All have proven they can play. Productive Washington and a Tight End that looks good when given the chances.

he had more to work with.

Let's not play that game.. especially when Grey has 2 1st round picks and multiple high to mid 2nd round picks to work with. Plus guys like McCarthy, Casey, McCourty and Verner have greatly outplayed their draft rounds. So lets not play the 'He had more talent' game.

Palmer actually took those 1st round picks and picked some problems.

Tell me what he's fixed on defense since he's gotten here? all the same problems that got Cecil canned are still present. And I'd argue Grey has much more talent that Cecil did. So what has he done? I'll wait

I just dont like Palmers play calling thats all. To TRD's point i dont think he means just cuz we have more first rounders we should be good i think his overall point is in general were too talented to llok this bad. Williams and Hawkins were very productive last year and there invisible this year in large part to play calling IMO. I know we'll never be the Packers or the Patriots but im sorry i know our WR/TE core isnt the greatest but i think its been better than what the Packers have had in recent weeks and minus last game theyv been getting the job done. Palmers play calling was flat out bad hes out of touch of what has to be done to win in this day an age. Yes we can run better but as a play caller and utilizing talent he just wasnt getting the job done

To the 1st bolded point. I think the defense has too much talent to look as bad as they routinely do. And Williams and Hawkins don't play much because they're the 4th and 5th WR's on the depth chart. Not too mention that we use 3 TE's. That's not play calling, that's called being buried on the depth chart.

To the 2nd point, you know the reigning league MVP runs the Packers offense. I know you said you don't wanna compare our team to theirs, but you did. And the truth of the matter is if Jake Locker were playing at the level A-Rod is playing at, Palmer's offense would probably look way more in touch and up to date.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Double Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/27/palmer-munchak-had-to-do-what-he-thinks-is-best/

Quote:
So what did Palmer do immediately after getting fired?

“I gave him his Christmas present, said Merry Christmas, and then left,” Palmer said Tuesday morning. “There was nothing I could do at that point. The decision was made. I said, ‘OK’ And I just left it at that.”

Oh goodness, that had to be brutally awkward, lmao.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/27/palmer-munchak-had-to-do-what-he-thinks-is-best/

Quote:

“I gave him his Christmas present, said Merry Christmas, and then left,” Palmer said Tuesday morning. “There was nothing I could do at that point. The decision was made. I said, ‘OK’ And I just left it at that.”

Oh goodness, that had to be brutally awkward, lmao.

It was awkward just reading that, omg...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Palmer has 4 first rounders.. All have proven they can play. Productive Washington and a Tight End that looks good when given the chances.

he had more to work with.

Let's not play that game.. especially when Grey has 2 1st round picks and multiple high to mid 2nd round picks to work with. Plus guys like McCarthy, Casey, McCourty and Verner have greatly outplayed their draft rounds. So lets not play the 'He had more talent' game.

Palmer actually took those 1st round picks and picked some problems.

Tell me what he's fixed on defense since he's gotten here? all the same problems that got Cecil canned are still present. And I'd argue Grey has much more talent that Cecil did. So what has he done? I'll wait

I just dont like Palmers play calling thats all. To TRD's point i dont think he means just cuz we have more first rounders we should be good i think his overall point is in general were too talented to llok this bad. Williams and Hawkins were very productive last year and there invisible this year in large part to play calling IMO. I know we'll never be the Packers or the Patriots but im sorry i know our WR/TE core isnt the greatest but i think its been better than what the Packers have had in recent weeks and minus last game theyv been getting the job done. Palmers play calling was flat out bad hes out of touch of what has to be done to win in this day an age. Yes we can run better but as a play caller and utilizing talent he just wasnt getting the job done

To the 1st bolded point. I think the defense has too much talent to look as bad as they routinely do. And Williams and Hawkins don't play much because they're the 4th and 5th WR's on the depth chart. Not too mention that we use 3 TE's. That's not play calling, that's called being buried on the depth chart.

To the 2nd point, you know the reigning league MVP runs the Packers offense. I know you said you don't wanna compare our team to theirs, but you did. And the truth of the matter is if Jake Locker were playing at the level A-Rod is playing at, Palmer's offense would probably look way more in touch and up to date.

I know Hawk and Williams are 4th and 5th WRs but James Jones and Randall Cobb are 4th WRs and they still make plays. I know we go 5 wide and use TEs but thats Palmers choice and im not comparing Rodgers to Locker or the teams directly what im really comparing are good teams and good organizations to ours. Just go down the line the good teams have depth and know how to use them. Falcons get contributions from there back ups like Rodgers and Douglas. Patriots have an offense similar to ours the talents just different we use 2 TE sets all the time but Thompson an Stevens get 1 look a game if there lucky. Edelmans a 4th or 5th WR and hes been used alot lately. Vereens been used more Pats use all there players we have a group of players that suit up on Sundays that never see the field. Im just not big on Palmers offense and gameplans. Im ready for something new

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“I feel we put the players in a position to make plays, and at that point it falls on the players,” Palmer said.

Can't be said any better than that.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Palmer isn't great. But he wasn't our problem.

Washington dropping a TD and failing to drag his foot inbound. That's definitely 7 points that should have been on the board and arguably would have put up another 7 if he gets the foot in. Wright killed another drive not getting a foot in. Locker made errant throws(like Palmer said, it's to be expected with a young QB)...Play calling wasn't our issue Sunday, as much as people want to moan about it. Execution was.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
“I feel we put the players in a position to make plays, and at that point it falls on the players,” Palmer said.

Can't be said any better than that.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Palmer isn't great. But he wasn't our problem.

Washington dropping a TD and failing to drag his foot inbound. That's definitely 7 points that should have been on the board and arguably would have put up another 7 if he gets the foot in. Wright killed another drive not getting a foot in. Locker made errant throws(like Palmer said, it's to be expected with a young QB)...Play calling wasn't our issue Sunday, as much as people want to moan about it. Execution was.

Im referring to him all season long when i say play calling was an issue i personally just wasnt a fan of playcalling and utilizing players thats just me. But someone had to get fired Bud already called everyone out now he had to make a move to sent that first shot that hes not playing around. I want to see what the new OC has everyone seems to like him the Bears interviwed him last year maybe he can get the job done change a few things and sees what happens. Palmer wasnt a long term solution IMO opinion anyways so i dont mind the move. Titans still arnt creating turnovers we only had 1 last week Grey will prob be next at some point unless the defense really starts to stand out but its gonna be hard when its all said an done that we've giving up the most points ever or close to it

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
Kubiak and Mike Heimerdinger were very close. Kubiak said Heimerdinger "thought the world" of Loggains #Titans

If Dinger thought a lot of him I feel like our offense is in good hands.
I've always thought Loggains would be a great OC but he just needed more experience.
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jacksonville game plan did him in:;

1st dn : 6yd run up middle
2nd dn : 2 yd run up middle
3rd dn : incomplete 3yd pass
4th dn : punt

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I wonder if "gave him his Christmas present" is a euphemism for "kicked him in the groin."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if "gave him his Christmas present" is a euphemism for "kicked him in the groin."

No the "christmas gift" was the ole Bud Adams double barrels. Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offensive woes now get Locker lumped in there with Gabbert?
I liked Kapernick coming out...but he only has 2 games and an ALL WORLD defense backing him up...

Quote:
Tennessee Titans (4-7)
Colin Kaepernick's early success as a starter in San Francisco just underlines how little Jake Locker has proven so far through two years in Tennessee. Locker and Jacksonville's Blaine Gabbert seem to be the exception to the rule so far when it comes to the strong quarterback classes of 2011 and 2012.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/28/nfl-week-12-power-rankings/index.html#ixzz2DY2idWom
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article about what Loggains will bring to the offense via Munchak and Kerry Collins who played under Loggains here a few years ago.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/28/what-might-be-different-under-loggains/
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Palmer is being used as the scapegoat. There was a more capable replacement on staff to replace him than Gray... and was the only reason he was the one fired.

I think a lot of us thought that Loggains was being groomed to take over anyways, so the actual move isn't a huge shock (even if the timing is).

I'm a little bleh about the whole thing. I hope Loggains does well... makes the great changes we all expect, and we see positive signs to end the season. The negative is that we're going nowhere... and every win just pushes us down the draft board. I will still cheer for wins, but when you go in with that mindset, it makes taking the losses a bit easier. (On a side note, if we go on some kind of improbable late run, Loggains looks like a young genius, and we miss the playoffs by a game... I'll be pretty sad).

But if its too late in the season to implement changes and see positive results... Munch might get canned. And the chances that Loggains is brought back under whoever takes over in 2013 diminish almost completely. As much as I want the top of the coaching staff gone, that is truly the worst case scenario since we're all anxious to see what Loggains' future has in store...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Our offensive woes now get Locker lumped in there with Gabbert?
I liked Kapernick coming out...but he only has 2 games and an ALL WORLD defense backing him up...

Quote:
Tennessee Titans (4-7)
Colin Kaepernick's early success as a starter in San Francisco just underlines how little Jake Locker has proven so far through two years in Tennessee. Locker and Jacksonville's Blaine Gabbert seem to be the exception to the rule so far when it comes to the strong quarterback classes of 2011 and 2012.
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/28/nfl-week-12-power-rankings/index.html#ixzz2DY2idWom
What an absolutely terrible, terrible point by Banks. Seriously. Locker has started six career games and has 11 touchdowns and three interceptions (one of which came on a hail mary). As you said, Kap hasn't shown any more than Locker has at this point in their careers, it's ridiculous to act as though Jake has struggled while Kap clearly is part of the "strong quarterback class."

Once again, national media showing ignorance when it comes to the Titans. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: