Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking News: Chris Palmer canned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I'm 100% sure that before the season ends, a lot of posters will HATE Loggins....just the nature of it.

Are you serious? A lot of posters are gonna hate the guy before the end of the next game! They'll be after him with tar and feathers by the end of the season.

I was trying to give a grace period...

Optimisitc... remember? Wink

Hah!

Even if Loggains has a future as an OC I don't expect the remainder of this season to go well. This team is circling the drain and I think they all know it. The effort level is about to plummet, I'm afraid.

I would not be so sure. I think they will circle the wagons for Loggains. I have read and heard the offensive players love the guy. It is not much he can do in these last 5 weeks to put his stamp on the offense though, he is handcuffed to palmer's playbook for the rest of the season. Hopefully he can open up a few of the chapters in the playbook that palmer didn't want to use on Sundays. Pray

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
prozac77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught me off guard when I saw this in my twitter feed last night. I haven't gotten around to watching the Jacksonville game yet, but from what I've read (in this forum and on twitter), our offense looked terrible, except for a couple of drives. The firing makes sense though. Our offense hasn't been able to score points. Especially in the redzone. And I was under the impression Loggains was being groomed for the OC position anyways. Just came sooner rather than later. Curious as to what Loggains playcalling looks like.
Titanium

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah!!! About freakin' time.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you have a team that can move the ball down the field in a no huddle offense

why do you not use the no huddle offense more often?

why use the no huddle offense on your only touchdown drive of the game late in the game when you have only 4 minutes left?

both coordinators are problems...

But we have more pieces on offense to score more than we do, than we have on defense to stop people from scoring as much as they do.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I'm 100% sure that before the season ends, a lot of posters will HATE Loggins....just the nature of it.

Are you serious? A lot of posters are gonna hate the guy before the end of the next game! They'll be after him with tar and feathers by the end of the season.

I was trying to give a grace period...

Optimisitc... remember? Wink

Hah!

Even if Loggains has a future as an OC I don't expect the remainder of this season to go well. This team is circling the drain and I think they all know it. The effort level is about to plummet, I'm afraid.

I would not be so sure. I think they will circle the wagons for Loggains. I have read and heard the offensive players love the guy. It is not much he can do in these last 5 weeks to put his stamp on the offense though, he is handcuffed to palmer's playbook for the rest of the season. Hopefully he can open up a few of the chapters in the playbook that palmer didn't want to use on Sundays. Pray

He wont be able to install so many different type of schemes.. but playcalling will have to be his main thing in the remaining games.

I would expect a lot of Cook
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

He wont be able to install so many different type of schemes.. but playcalling will have to be his main thing in the remaining games.

I would expect a lot of Cook

Agreed. But I don't think he really needs to try to install anything. Maybe he could tweak a couple of things, but overall I like the system that we're running. As long as he doesn't screw up our much improved running game, I'm open to whatever changes (if any) that he'll make. I expect to see a more vertical offense and maybe do more screens to CJ2K. When Munchak first took over, he said from the start that the idea (in this offense) was to get CJ2K more into open space, and we really haven't been seeing too much of that. I also expect to see a lot more of Jared Cook in the mix. But that all remains to be seen.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says more about Munchak's job than Palmer's. At this point, I don't expect our coaching staff to last the offseason.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
when you have a team that can move the ball down the field in a no huddle offense

why do you not use the no huddle offense more often?

why use the no huddle offense on your only touchdown drive of the game late in the game when you have only 4 minutes left?

both coordinators are problems...

But we have more pieces on offense to score more than we do, than we have on defense to stop people from scoring as much as they do.

Agreed Palmers and god bless his sole but Dingers offenses are built for football 10 plus years ago where you line up and try running to set up the pass. You need to have different looks and different wrinkles in an offense now a days. Titans would only love to go no huddle with the last 2 mins of the 1st half if they could get there way. Especially against a team like Houston do it right out of the gate get them off track early. Palmer just didnt know how to use these weapons. Its awful that we've yet to see a play drawn up for Wright to go deep all Palmer does with him are curls and screens. Are playoff hopes are pretty much over but im hoping over the next month this new OC gets the playmakers to make plays espcially getting Wright and Cook making plays down field. But lets see if we can atleast pee in the Texans pool this week and put a dent into there first round bye hopes

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Wrong coordinator IMO. Palmer wasn't great but at least his unit wasnt dead last in nearly every statistical category. Having said that, Palmer was just a short term solution anyway. They were prepping Loggains for it the whole time.

This... Let's look at what Palmer did do this year...

He helped resurrect a run game that had been abysmal for almost 2 years.

He also helped out rookie WR blossom right out the gates. Rookie production at the receiver spot is something we've never seen in Nashville.

On the other hand what has Jerry Gray done even in 2 years?

Pass rush still sucks (save last week)
tackling is still shoddy
the defense is still incredibly vulnerable to TE's, especially up the seam.
And the area that should be his expertise (safeties) is, by far, the worst unit on the defense.

Wrong coordinator got fired.

**RIP Steve McNair**
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Wrong coordinator IMO. Palmer wasn't great but at least his unit wasnt dead last in nearly every statistical category. Having said that, Palmer was just a short term solution anyway. They were prepping Loggains for it the whole time.

He also helped out rookie WR blossom right out the gates. Rookie production at the receiver spot is something we've never seen in Nashville.

tackling is still shoddy
And the area that should be his expertise (safeties) is, by far, the worst unit on the defense.

Palmer has 4 first rounders.. All have proven they can play. Productive Washington and a Tight End that looks good when given the chances.

he had more to work with.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gave Munch his christmas present after being told he was fired. Nice dude. Palmer's thoughts:

Quote:
“I think when you break a quarterback in, you are going to be in a situation where you are going to have your ups and downs,” Palmer said “Young quarterbacks, you have to go through this period. They just don’t step in and become great quarterbacks. It takes time to develop. And Kenny Britt is not 100 percent. I just think there’s more issues than people want to admit to.

“Is it an easy process? No, it is not an easy process. It is something you just have to get through. But I wish them luck… I respect those guys on the staff. Several of them are my friends and I hope it all works out for them. They have families and children, and I hope it works out for them.”

Dowell Loggains, previously quarterbacks coach, replaced Palmer.

“I thought he was doing a good job this year,” Palmer said of Loggains, who’s in his seventh season with the Titans. “Munch has known him for a longer period of time and they have a good feel for each other. But the issues are still there. I wish him luck.”

Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:

Palmer has 4 first rounders.. All have proven they can play. Productive Washington and a Tight End that looks good when given the chances.

Let's not play that game.. especially when Grey has 2 1st round picks and multiple high to mid 2nd round picks to work with. Plus guys like McCarthy, Casey, McCourty and Verner have greatly outplayed their draft rounds. So lets not play the 'He had more talent' game.

Palmer actually took those 1st round picks and picked some problems.

Tell me what he's fixed on defense since he's gotten here? all the same problems that got Cecil canned are still present. And I'd argue Grey has much more talent that Cecil did. So what has he done? I'll wait

**RIP Steve McNair**
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

tackling is still shoddy

This...

The defense is either incredibly young, or terrible.

The offense is laden with awesome.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that the defense has gotten a ton better lately as well.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Let's not play that game.. especially when Grey has 2 1st round picks and multiple high to mid 2nd round picks to work with. Plus guys like McCarthy, Casey, McCourty and Verner have greatly outplayed their draft rounds. So lets not play the 'He had more talent' game.

Palmer actually took those 1st round picks and picked some problems.

Tell me what he's fixed on defense since he's gotten here? all the same problems that got Cecil canned are still present. And I'd argue Grey has much more talent that Cecil did. So what has he done? I'll wait

I just dont like Palmers play calling thats all. To TRD's point i dont think he means just cuz we have more first rounders we should be good i think his overall point is in general were too talented to llok this bad. Williams and Hawkins were very productive last year and there invisible this year in large part to play calling IMO. I know we'll never be the Packers or the Patriots but im sorry i know our WR/TE core isnt the greatest but i think its been better than what the Packers have had in recent weeks and minus last game theyv been getting the job done. Palmers play calling was flat out bad hes out of touch of what has to be done to win in this day an age. Yes we can run better but as a play caller and utilizing talent he just wasnt getting the job done

Sig by daboyle250

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

tackling is still shoddy

This...

The defense is either incredibly young, or terrible.

The offense is laden with awesome.

Everyone seems to be overlooking that the defense has gotten a ton better lately as well.

I cant tell if our defense has gotten better or we just played crappy teams but atleast against these crappy teams the Titans have gotten to the QB so its def a confidence booster but this week will be a true test to see how our defense really is. Last time vs Houston they only gave up 14 points Hass gave up the other 14

Sig by daboyle250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: