Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking News: Chris Palmer canned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...and so begins our run to 8-8. Honestly, is anyone going to be surprised when we win four of our last five and finish a game out, so we can all look back on the Jacksonville game and say what if? I've just come to expect it at this point.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Also...and so begins our run to 8-8. Honestly, is anyone going to be surprised when we win four of our last five and finish a game out, so we can all look back on the Jacksonville game and say what if? I've just come to expect it at this point.

What else did you expect coming in to this year? We're an average football team. Anyone who was predicting better than an 8-8 type of year were kidding themselves. We're playing a bunch of inexperienced players, and a lot of the older/experienced players that are on this team aren't very good(Griffin, Babineaux, Mouton, Leroy Harris, etc). Our best experienced players play on the offensive line(Roos, Stewart, Hutchinson). There's only so many plays they can create by themselves, lol.

Locker
Casey
McCarthy
Ayers
Brown
Wright
Morgan(only his 2nd year of actually getting to play)

Britt is having issues getting back to 100%, which after watching Morgan have the same issue, I guess is to be expected.

That's 5 of our front 7 on defense who have less than 2 years of starting experience. And in the back 4, we have two below average to plain bad safeties.

As frustrating as it is to watch at times with this team, the inconsistency of this year is to be expected with all the youth/inexperience

It doesn't help in games when one of the guys who has been one of the biggest threats for the team and one of the most reliable, has two costly mental lapses(Washington not dragging the foot and not catching the TD).

It's why I'm all just "whatever" with this firing. There's honestly only so much coaching you can do til the players just have to execute. Wright's foot out of bounds is another good point..I know he's a rookie, but that doesn't fly in college, either.

We had 7 points for sure taken off the board with Washington's drop Sunday. Maybe could have put up 7 on the foot out of bounds by Washington.

But Washington's goof game aside, the mistakes from the inexperienced players was to be expected. It hasn't been fun to watch by any means, but it is what it is.
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

No, the worst part about that is that will result in minimal personnel and no coaching changes. And we'll finish 8-8 next year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. I called this months ago. I think Gray will be gone at season's end also. The only thing saving Gray is there is not a capable replacement for him on the defensive staff right now.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidenote:

I'm 100% sure that before the season ends, a lot of posters will HATE Loggins....just the nature of it.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I'm 100% sure that before the season ends, a lot of posters will HATE Loggins....just the nature of it.

Probably bc he sucks too. If they did their job right and the team produced wins, then nobody would hate them. It's that simple. We may be young, but no way hell should we be 4-7 right now.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I mean, I'm not at all confident that anything will really change with our offense, so those who expect that are going to be disappointed, I think. Hopefully I'm wrong.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
VY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Definitely happening. This year seems exactly like the 0-6 start but without the real feeling that we were getting better. This team is always good for getting the 1 or 2 garbage wins that the teams that will lock up playoff spots (e.g. Texans, Colts in previous years, etc) when our 1's play their 2's and 3's.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I mean, I'm not at all confident that anything will really change with our offense, so those who expect that are going to be disappointed, I think. Hopefully I'm wrong.

But even if Loggains is capable of producing changes, is it even possible for them to happen with only a few weeks remaining? It's not like he can put in a new offense in that time.

Or maybe just calling the right plays out of Palmer's playbook is what is needed?

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Munch wants the hurry up offense ran most of the game/entire game? Maybe Palmer wasn't willing to do that for whatever reason? Who knows. Guess we'll find out real quick with the Texans this weekend.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect a wholesale change in the offense, but Loggains has been working with Locker alot more than Palmer has over the last 15 months. I am sure he knows what parts of Palmer's playbook Locker is comfortable with since he has been working with him one on one in the QB meeting room. I personally want to see more open formations and no huddle. Locker can see the blitz and read the defense better if it is spread out. The offense was more productive when they went open formation and no huddle on Sunday for a series.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

Are you serious? A lot of posters are gonna hate the guy before the end of the next game! They'll be after him with tar and feathers by the end of the season.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

Are you serious? A lot of posters are gonna hate the guy before the end of the next game! They'll be after him with tar and feathers by the end of the season.

I was trying to give a grace period...

Optimisitc... remember? Wink
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, but the eagles waived Jason Babin. My how the once mighty have fallen.... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Eagles waived DE Jason Babin.
The Phillies have won a game more recently than the Eagles, who are three points removed from a winless season. This moves tells us the organization is turning the page on the 2012 season, seeking more playing time for Brandon Graham and 2012 second-rounder Vinny Curry. A Pro Bowler in 2010 and 2011 with 30.5 sacks, Babin has long been a liability against the run and was underwhelming as a pass rusher (5.5 sacks) this season. The Titans have moved on from their wide-9 scheme, but the Lions or Bengals could be interested in the 32-year-old.

per rotoworld

s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Sidenote:

I was trying to give a grace period...

Optimisitc... remember? Wink

Hah!

Even if Loggains has a future as an OC I don't expect the remainder of this season to go well. This team is circling the drain and I think they all know it. The effort level is about to plummet, I'm afraid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: