Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Sam Bradford Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42961
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I thought Bradford played well this week. Especially if you consider no amendola and the drops.


Agreed and I really liked that he scrambled on that drive a couple times and picked up some big first downs instead of throwing the ball away or forcing it. In his post game interview he talks about how Shotty is always telling him to do that more and he finally did it. The run game wasn't there the Niners did a great job of taking it away and his safety blanket Amendola wasn't playing. Thought he did a good job of leading the team this week. He needs to start connecting more with somebody other than Amendola or Givens though.


Good, I was just talking about how Bradford needs to make that a bigger part of his game. Laughing



Yeah It kills defenses....
I know I get mad when QB's run on us.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7702
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I thought Bradford played well this week. Especially if you consider no amendola and the drops.


Agreed and I really liked that he scrambled on that drive a couple times and picked up some big first downs instead of throwing the ball away or forcing it. In his post game interview he talks about how Shotty is always telling him to do that more and he finally did it. The run game wasn't there the Niners did a great job of taking it away and his safety blanket Amendola wasn't playing. Thought he did a good job of leading the team this week. He needs to start connecting more with somebody other than Amendola or Givens though.


Good, I was just talking about how Bradford needs to make that a bigger part of his game. Laughing



Yeah It kills defenses....
I know I get mad when QB's run on us.
More, yes. But not too much more.

Its the element of surprise in those situations that lets him move the chains so much on those end of game drives. They arent even thinking about it and all have their backs turned. Not to mention he has the worst luck with freak injuries, Even sliding QBs can take pops.

I would like to see them use that mobility on designed roll outs and naked boots with an option to get 5 yards if no one is open. He tries to move up in the pocket alot but he always seems to get caught when trying that.



I think the thing that makes me most frustrated with Schottenheimer is the complete lack of Imagination in our offense. I dont even need a bunch of trick plays or anything, but you never see any exotic formations or tricky motion, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6632
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I thought Bradford played well this week. Especially if you consider no amendola and the drops.


Agreed and I really liked that he scrambled on that drive a couple times and picked up some big first downs instead of throwing the ball away or forcing it. In his post game interview he talks about how Shotty is always telling him to do that more and he finally did it. The run game wasn't there the Niners did a great job of taking it away and his safety blanket Amendola wasn't playing. Thought he did a good job of leading the team this week. He needs to start connecting more with somebody other than Amendola or Givens though.


Good, I was just talking about how Bradford needs to make that a bigger part of his game. Laughing



Yeah It kills defenses....
I know I get mad when QB's run on us.
More, yes. But not too much more.

Its the element of surprise in those situations that lets him move the chains so much on those end of game drives. They arent even thinking about it and all have their backs turned. Not to mention he has the worst luck with freak injuries, Even sliding QBs can take pops.

I would like to see them use that mobility on designed roll outs and naked boots with an option to get 5 yards if no one is open. He tries to move up in the pocket alot but he always seems to get caught when trying that.



I think the thing that makes me most frustrated with Schottenheimer is the complete lack of Imagination in our offense. I dont even need a bunch of trick plays or anything, but you never see any exotic formations or tricky motion, etc.


Have we ran bunch formation at all this season? Maybe its me, but whenever I see that formation one of the wrs slips out for an easy catch...

Imagine givens doing that.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajhicks11


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 720
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or does Givens remind anyone else of Holt? He isn't quite as smooth, but he really looks like Holt at times to me.
_________________
GO RAMS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3183
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Is it me or does Givens remind anyone else of Holt? He isn't quite as smooth, but he really looks like Holt at times to me.


I need to say this, but Givens wears his Shoulder pads WAYYYYY to high lol
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20037
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a post I came across on another board.

Quote:
he'd look a hell of a lot better than Bradford, because he's much better at playing Quarterback. Like most starters.

Mediocre is generous, implying that he's middle of the pack in terms of starters. He's not Sanchez or Gabbert bad, I'll give him that.


From an NFC South fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46674
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
This is a post I came across on another board.

Quote:
he'd look a hell of a lot better than Bradford, because he's much better at playing Quarterback. Like most starters.

Mediocre is generous, implying that he's middle of the pack in terms of starters. He's not Sanchez or Gabbert bad, I'll give him that.


From an NFC South fan.


I'm not sure what the quote is saying.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20037
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much saying that Sam is poop. At least that was my interpretation of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 46674
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Pretty much saying that Sam is poop. At least that was my interpretation of it.


I just don't understand the context. Do you have the full quote?
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42961
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Pretty much saying that Sam is poop. At least that was my interpretation of it.


I just don't understand the context. Do you have the full quote?


Here

Those guys are crazy..
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6632
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sam will turn it up these last few games. We dont exactly play great defenses the rest of the way (I dont think seahawks are nearly as good as they were with sherman and browner, and their pass rush has fallen off.)

Also, the number of picks hes thrown imo is misleading. Alot of those picks were shots downfield when the game is lost. Taking a step back and just looking at the season as a whole I think Sam has done a good job with what he has. People want elite production but NO qb in the league has elite production with subpar weapons and a subpar line. Its just not how it works.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3817
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
I think Sam will turn it up these last few games. We dont exactly play great defenses the rest of the way (I dont think seahawks are nearly as good as they were with sherman and browner, and their pass rush has fallen off.)

Also, the number of picks hes thrown imo is misleading. Alot of those picks were shots downfield when the game is lost. Taking a step back and just looking at the season as a whole I think Sam has done a good job with what he has. People want elite production but NO qb in the league has elite production with subpar weapons and a subpar line. Its just not how it works.


What? Not true at all. The lengths to which some people will go to sugarcoat Sam's mediocre play can be laughable at times.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6632
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I think Sam will turn it up these last few games. We dont exactly play great defenses the rest of the way (I dont think seahawks are nearly as good as they were with sherman and browner, and their pass rush has fallen off.)

Also, the number of picks hes thrown imo is misleading. Alot of those picks were shots downfield when the game is lost. Taking a step back and just looking at the season as a whole I think Sam has done a good job with what he has. People want elite production but NO qb in the league has elite production with subpar weapons and a subpar line. Its just not how it works.


What? Not true at all. The lengths to which some people will go to sugarcoat Sam's mediocre play can be laughable at times.


Maybe not 'alot', but a decent number of those were made when the game was over IIRC. The ones I recall that arent are the two PP ones, the one to fletch in the endzdone, and the jets one.

Also dude, STOP. No ones going through any lengths to sugarcoat anything. Maybe a poor choice of words on my part, but my point remains the same: People want Bradford to have elite production when no qb in the league has elite production with a subpar line and subpar wrs.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9674
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
The lengths to which some people will go to sugarcoat Sam's mediocre play can be laughable at times.


It's funny, because you can say the exact same thing about the lengths people go to to bash him and his play...

He's a polarizing figure...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3817
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
The lengths to which some people will go to sugarcoat Sam's mediocre play can be laughable at times.


It's funny, because you can say the exact same thing about the lengths people go to to bash him and his play...

He's a polarizing figure...


For sure. I'm not, and haven't been one of the "bashers". I criticize his play in a few areas, and acknowledge that most of them are mental. Next season is where I will make my judgment. For the first time, he will have a 2nd year in the same offense. I want to see him being a difference maker.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group