Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Sam Bradford Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Quote:

Rhetoric is the perfect word here. I think most people would disagree if you just questioned Bradford's toughness...but you went a step further in your rhetoric. You compared him to a little girl.

I think that says a lot here.

Yes while we are on the topic of rhetoric, lets get into another form of literary terms that quite often gets confused over the internet: exaggeration

But anyways regarding Sam Bradfords toughness all im saying is from a physical standpoint he is not. A tough quarterback strikes fear into the opponent physically, is very aggressive getting out of the pocket, and doesn’t go down at the first touch of a defender .Ben Rothlesburger is an example of a tough qb, dragging defenders for first downs things like that. Just because a quarterback takes a lot of hits doesn’t make him "tough" by that logic David Carr is the toughest quarterback of all time.

David Carr was actually pretty damn tough. The amount of hits and beating he took behind that OL was unfathomable. The fact that he started all 16 games in 4 out of his 5 years in Houston is unbelievable.

As for Big Ben, I disagree. Big Ben is a physically imposing QB. There's a difference. Not to say he also isn't tough but toughness to me relates more to your ability to take a beating and keep on fighting through the pain.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben will always let you know when he has even a hang nail. He likes to make sure you know he is hurt, just incase he has a bad game. It's one of the most embarrassing and "soft" traits of any QB in the NFL.

Your definition of toughness is courious to say the least.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Quote:

Rhetoric is the perfect word here. I think most people would disagree if you just questioned Bradford's toughness...but you went a step further in your rhetoric. You compared him to a little girl.

Yes while we are on the topic of rhetoric, lets get into another form of literary terms that quite often gets confused over the internet: exaggeration

But anyways regarding Sam Bradfords toughness all im saying is from a physical standpoint he is not. A tough quarterback strikes fear into the opponent physically, is very aggressive getting out of the pocket, and doesn’t go down at the first touch of a defender .Ben Rothlesburger is an example of a tough qb, dragging defenders for first downs things like that. Just because a quarterback takes a lot of hits doesn’t make him "tough" by that logic David Carr is the toughest quarterback of all time.

Bradford cannot physically drag opponents to get a first down. Neither can Eli Manning, and no one questions his toughness.

I do.

But for real, Eli has rings, thats why you don't often hear him being criticized.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Ben will always let you know when he has even a hang nail. He likes to make sure you know he is hurt, just incase he has a bad game. It's one of the most embarrassing and "soft" traits of any QB in the NFL.

Interesting idea, but you do have anything to back it up? Seems hard to me to distinguish between legitimate injuries and what you're talking about. Especially for someone who is not a part of the team.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Quote:

David Carr was actually pretty damn tough. The amount of hits and beating he took behind that OL was unfathomable. The fact that he started all 16 games in 4 out of his 5 years in Houston is unbelievable.

As for Big Ben, I disagree. Big Ben is a physically imposing QB. There's a difference. Not to say he also isn't tough but toughness to me relates more to your ability to take a beating and keep on fighting through the pain.

So long as we are defining "toughness" here........

Toughness to me is actually a mental thing, not a physical thing. Mental toughness can be gauged from several things; the regularity with which QBs react to "phantom pressure", a QBs performance during critical game moments (including while in the red zone, not just the final 2 minutes of a half), and willingness to execute thorough throwing mechanics when a big hit is immanent.

In those areas, I simply cannot give Bradford glowing remarks. He's got heart though, and skill. He's taken a whole lot of hits throughout his brief career, and very few QBs ever really overcome that.

ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Quote:

Bradford cannot physically drag opponents to get a first down. Neither can Eli Manning, and no one questions his toughness.

I do.

But for real, Eli has rings, thats why you don't often hear him being criticized.

Eli Manning is one of the toughest players in the league. He hasn't missed a start in like 7 years. He took an absolute beating against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game last year yet still stayed in the pocket to make the tough throws.

No idea why you would ever question his toughness.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least Sam is tougher than Tom Brady...

Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Interesting idea, but you do have anything to back it up? Seems hard to me to distinguish between legitimate injuries and what you're talking about. Especially for someone who is not a part of the team.
Im not going to go back and dig up all his quotes, but every time he has an ankle or one of his fingers is banged up, or a pulled something, He will bring it up in post practice interviews mid week. He wont ever actually use it as an excuse post game, but he plants the seed mid week so people know during the game.

Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo talk about it all the time, and the guys on the Dan Patrick Show do to. I think at one point they had a montage of Ben talking about his injuries.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Well, at least Sam is tougher than Tom Brady...

Laughing

Very Happy that's just to funny, I'll get him, oh crap, number 29 looks really scary running at me, if anybody asks me, i thought that there where two players blocking for him, okay I tried, must get away from this scary man now, good play Dashon on my behalf, lol. Very Happy

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Im not going to go back and dig up all his quotes, but every time he has an ankle or one of his fingers is banged up, or a pulled something, He will bring it up in post practice interviews mid week. He wont ever actually use it as an excuse post game, but he plants the seed mid week so people know during the game.

Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo talk about it all the time, and the guys on the Dan Patrick Show do to. I think at one point they had a montage of Ben talking about his injuries.

Hmm, I wonder if he was provoked by people asking as to his health (after all, he's been "injured" for forever").

I'll take your word for it though.

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still my favorite quarterback being a wimp moment

ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:

HAHA he was like "Sh*t man... Calm down."
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:

Good ol'e Sanchize.

... I will never forget Jets fans thinking this guy was on his way to a great career. Oh, man! Laughing

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

Good ol'e Sanchize.

... I will never forget Jets fans thinking this guy was on his way to a great career. Oh, man! Laughing

Good ole OC surfer football players Wink

"Whoaa... Chill out brah"

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

Good ol'e Sanchize.

I'll never forget arguing with countless posters on this site when they said he was the better prospect than Stafford. It seems hard to imagine now, but trust me, that was a big debate.

Sanchez has never had the skills to be an elite QB, and lacks the work ethic to overcome that deficiency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: