Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Sam Bradford Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRaMs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
305/516
59.1%
3540 yards
6.9 YPA
24 passing TDs
12 interceptions
85.7 QB Rating
2:1 TD to INT ratio is plenty good for me, 3500+ yards would put him in the top half last season, 24 TDs would put him in the Top 10, and 12 INTs would put him in the top half of the league as well.

Other than the Comp% what else are you asking for? Yes, I would also like to see the YPA up closer to 8, but when your only reliable target is a 5'11" guy with Injury problems (albeit a real warrior) this is about what you can ask for. Especially when you had 1 starter on the OL that anyone trusts for most of the season thus far.

Over an entire season, If Sam had the same actual Yards Per Completion (11.6) and he could bump his Comp% up to 65% (which would be top 5 in the NFL for 2011) he would have a YPA of 7.54 and would throw for almost 3900 yards, which would put his QB Rating around 93 or so.

This conversation is still ridiculous

I would like to thank you and jrry32 for keeping your head level when it comes to Bradford. Does he make good throws when given the time? yes. Does he make poor throws? yes. Is this his 3rd OC in 3 seasons? yes.

I mean what else is wanted from this kid. Outside of Amendola, who has Bradford had at receiver? Nobody, Brandon Gibson you say? Nay says I. Gibson is exactly the hit or miss player we thought he was.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotten to the point with myself that I just have to ignore 90% of the Bradford discussions I see on here...

It's just absurd to me the blind rationale/hate people have against him. Just don't get it...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I didnt know my comment earlier in the Redskins Watch thread would get this started (more like what to it over the edge). But in any case, his stats dont really bother me with me not being a huge fan of stats anyway, add that with the situation he has been put in since his first year.

What does concern me however is some of his decision making especially in the red zone. He is making rookie type mistakes... Not tons but he still makes them and regardless of who the offensive coordinator is and what play is called, Bradford's decisions with where to go with the ball or in some cases where not to go with the ball are still his and his alone.

He is getting the BIG bucks and should be expected to perform like a #1 pick now in his 3rd year. I do like that he takes more shots than he used to but id like to see even more, nothing crazy just a couple more here and there. It also seems like he still holds onto the ball longer than he should often times, although I must admit that he does a really good job delivering the ball when pressure is in his face considering the kind of abuse he has taken.

In terms of numbers, i expect him to be a 3:1 kinda guy. Those 1:1 games or even worse 0:1 games just kill me. No reason he shouldnt throw for at least one TD every game. He has way too good of an arm not to.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Wow I didnt know my comment earlier in the Redskins Watch thread would get this started (more like what to it over the edge). But in any case, his stats dont really bother me with me not being a huge fan of stats anyway, add that with the situation he has been put in since his first year.

What does concern me however is some of his decision making especially in the red zone. He is making rookie type mistakes... Not tons but he still makes them and regardless of who the offensive coordinator is and what play is called, Bradford's decisions with where to go with the ball or in some cases where not to go with the ball are still his and his alone.

He is getting the BIG bucks and should be expected to perform like a #1 pick now in his 3rd year. I do like that he takes more shots than he used to but id like to see even more, nothing crazy just a couple more here and there. It also seems like he still holds onto the ball longer than he should often times, although I must admit that he does a really good job delivering the ball when pressure is in his face considering the kind of abuse he has taken.

In terms of numbers, i expect him to be a 3:1 kinda guy. Those 1:1 games or even worse 0:1 games just kill me. No reason he shouldnt throw for at least one TD every game. He has way too good of an arm not to.

The bold and underlined are somewhat ironic comments. I'm assuming you're referring to the Pettis interception as an example of Bradford making a bad decision in the red-zone. But at the same time, that's an example of the shot you're wanting him to take. It's an extremely tight window to throw into and he took a shot at putting the ball between two defenders to Pettis in the end-zone. Peterson used his unbelievable closing speed and undercut the route. Bradford might have been a fraction of a second late on the throw but regardless, it was a very difficult throw into a tight window.

He took the chance and it back-fired which will get him criticism. But the thing that bothers me is that it's typically the same people who demand he take shots into tight windows and into coverage that are jumping down his throat when he does and it results in an int. Especially on the Rams website I post on.

The thing people have to accept with plays like that is that they are risky. You want him to take those risks, fine. It will pay off like the Givens TD and other times, it will not like the Peterson int. It's a mixed bag. As we get better WRs, you'll see it pay off more often than it doesn't.

As for his 0 TD games, he's had 2 this year...Seattle and Chicago...who coincidentally or not have two of the NFL's best pass defenses.

As for you believing he should be a 3:1 kind of guy, this year, there are currently only 6 QBs with a 3:1 TD to int ratio or better. They are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Robert Griffin, Josh Freeman and Aaron Rodgers. That's pretty high expectations to have.

And I've asked this many times to many different people, what should a #1 pick be playing like? Because if you look at the #1 overall QBs drafted this decade, Bradford's play is pretty normal for them.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean shots downfield not shots in general, especially dont mean gunslingin it like Favre in the redzone.

And yes there is few that have that ratio but RG3 and Josh Freeman can do it, surely Sam can.

I will end my opinion with this... Assuming one of the 1st round picks in this draft is a WR, there should be no more "new to the system" or "not enough weapons" excuses. And if OL is addressed then he really doesnt have any.

Just my thoughts, Im still a believer because he has arguably the best arm in the league, he just needs to be more consistant.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I've watched every game of the redskins, and majority of RG3 deep bombs are Wrs running wide open. And when I say wide open, I mean its literally a pitch and catch...

Now when have our Wrs done that? Not even half as much.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I mean shots downfield not shots in general, especially dont mean gunslingin it like Favre in the redzone.

And yes there is few that have that ratio but RG3 and Josh Freeman can do it, surely Sam can.

I will end my opinion with this... Assuming one of the 1st round picks in this draft is a WR, there should be no more "new to the system" or "not enough weapons" excuses. And if OL is addressed then he really doesnt have any.

Just my thoughts, Im still a believer because he has arguably the best arm in the league, he just needs to be more consistant.

If Sam earns a 4th year, he's either going to prove himself the guy or prove himself not the guy. Patience is already starting to run very thin.

Freeman did it because he's playing well and he's facing weak defenses with V-Jax and Martin playing really well. Whereas we continually face top 10 defenses.

RGIII is just playing really well but his running ability/scheme has really opened things up for him.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be an acceptable season? 30+TDs?

I mean how is Bradford playing bad this season? I think he has looked pretty damn good out there, His deep ball and redzone passing have improved tremendously in my opinion.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:

I mean how is Bradford playing bad this season? I think he has looked pretty damn good out there, His deep ball and redzone passing have improved tremendously in my opinion.

Again, not really big on stats and he without a doubt has improved. That being said he has more potential IMO than most of the quarterbacks in this league, apart from a couple. It would be nice to see him reaching that or close to that which he hasnt yet. So not saying this year but next year if he isnt one of the top 5 quarterbacks... Ok top 10... It COULD be time to think about cutting ties with that massive contract.

But to answer your question, yes 30+ TDs... Like I said before 3:1 ratio is what he is capable of and sure would like to see it for his sake and the team's sake.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Again, not really big on stats and he without a doubt has improved. That being said he has more potential IMO than most of the quarterbacks in this league, apart from a couple. It would be nice to see him reaching that or close to that which he hasnt yet. So not saying this year but next year if he isnt one of the top 5 quarterbacks... Ok top 10... It COULD be time to think about cutting ties with that massive contract.

But to answer your question, yes 30+ TDs... Like I said before 3:1 ratio is what he is capable of and sure would like to see it for his sake and the team's sake.

Well, he's gonna need some help. Get Sam a legit #1 WR and patch up some OL issues and I think we'll see his stats jump a bit. Especially if Givens continues to improve.

I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather the Rams trade for a guy like Wallace than draft a receiver. That way there are no rookie setbacks. Either way, it's time we get a big time premier/first round receiver. Hopefully Quick can come on strong next year, but I feel he won't really hit his stride until the middle of next year. Also, if we draft, or sign, a top receiver and Quick makes it as the 2 does that delegate Givens to the 4th receiver? Amendola is surely the slot guy right? Does anybody think the front office becomes content with rolling out a receiving core of, Quick - Givens - Danny - Gibson, in that order next year? I feel like they'll get a running back, fix the O-Line, then go straight to improving our defense. Pound the rock, depend on Sammy to get the crucial 3rd down conversions, chuck it deep to Givens when we wanna take our shots, and Quick + Amendola can be our possession guys. Then just play defense. I feel like that's Fisher ball, and that's the direction that this team is heading.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, I think Sam is fine. I feel like he has what it takes to be our franchise guy.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
I would rather the Rams trade for a guy like Wallace than draft a receiver. That way there are no rookie setbacks. Either way, it's time we get a big time premier/first round receiver. Hopefully Quick can come on strong next year, but I feel he won't really hit his stride until the middle of next year. Also, if we draft, or sign, a top receiver and Quick makes it as the 2 does that delegate Givens to the 4th receiver? Amendola is surely the slot guy right? Does anybody think the front office becomes content with rolling out a receiving core of, Quick - Givens - Danny - Gibson, in that order next year? I feel like they'll get a running back, fix the O-Line, then go straight to improving our defense. Pound the rock, depend on Sammy to get the crucial 3rd down conversions, chuck it deep to Givens when we wanna take our shots, and Quick + Amendola can be our possession guys. Then just play defense. I feel like that's Fisher ball, and that's the direction that this team is heading.

Ahh... I actually see that happening... With Lance progressing, I feel they hope for Quick to really come on strong and become a #1 type guy. So they don't touch the core. That means we get some O line/defense in the 1st round, and really solidify that D
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly feel that with a guy like Woods or Allen (I prefer Allen) there will be no such rookie learning year like there is with Quick or IMO a guy like Hunter. And they would come with a muchhhh cheaper price tag as oppose to Wallace. The franchise could then use that money and spend it somewhere else... IE Jake Long!

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I honestly feel that with a guy like Woods or Allen (I prefer Allen) there will be no such rookie learning year like there is with Quick or IMO a guy like Hunter. And they would come with a muchhhh cheaper price tag as oppose to Wallace. The franchise could then use that money and spend it somewhere else... IE Jake Long!

While I agree with your initial notion, we don't need to go out and overspend on Mike Wallace. He's a nice weapon, but he's not worth the money that's been rumored around him. Chris Givens has shown that he offers an almost identical threat at a fraction of the cost...

However, I don't understand the Jake Long option. We have a very good LT, the need is at RT. We're not gonna pay him the cash he'll be looking for anyway. Add in the fact that Long has struggled midely this season, I just don't see how he fits in...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: