Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Sam Bradford Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we surround him with 10 pro bowl players, i'm pretty sure the rams will make the playoffs.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
So what are you feelings about him now? 2 games left..

If we go by his numbers since the bye, it looks very possible that he ends the year with 22 TDs to 12 ints, a QBR in the 83ish range, around 3600 yards, a completion percentage around 60% and a YPA near 7.

If you look at the expectations going into the year, I'd say that meets or exceeds the majority of them. He's earned a year 4.

That all said, he missed some really big throws and blew some big chances in this game. He really needs to step it up. A #1 WR will help as will protection but even still, Sam can't be missing an open Givens down the sideline.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

If we go by his numbers since the bye, it looks very possible that he ends the year with 22 TDs to 12 ints, a QBR in the 83ish range, around 3600 yards, a completion percentage around 60% and a YPA near 7.

If you look at the expectations going into the year, I'd say that meets or exceeds the majority of them. He's earned a year 4.

That all said, he missed some really big throws and blew some big chances in this game. He really needs to step it up. A #1 WR will help as will protection but even still, Sam can't be missing an open Givens down the sideline.

he also missed danny amendola wide open in the end zone on that last 4th down pass on the last drive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

he also missed danny amendola wide open in the end zone on that last 4th down pass on the last drive

I think that was the 3rd down pass when he checked down to Richardson.

tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

yea thats the one, he had em right there in the seams, got me so mad because if he completes that pass than we were just an onside kick away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

yea thats the one, he had em right there in the seams, got me so mad because if he completes that pass than we were just an onside kick away.

Well, we were both raging then. Saw the same thing. Just had to lead Amendola into the seam between the 2 safeties and he had an easy TD.

tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Well, we were both raging then. Saw the same thing. Just had to lead Amendola into the seam between the 2 safeties and he had an easy TD.

Yea exactly... lord knows why the kid would throw a pass in the field of play with no timeouts and the game on the line.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the gaudy statistics, 3 TDs-370 yards, this was a very poorly played game by Sam Bradford. He made throws after they went to soft defenses, and during what was essentially garbage time. He gave the game away in the first half for christ's sake.

I've been saying it all year, and todays game provided a good example; Bradford is terrible when presented with even minimal pressure. He goes down to easy, doesn't keep his eyes down field, and struggles to avoid the first rusher. As long as this continues to be the case he is going to struggle.

It is time to bring in competition for Sam, he has been way to comfortable in his job security. I'd like to see a mid-round pick (2-4) used on a QB with upside.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're calling yesterday "minimal pressure"?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Despite the gaudy statistics, 3 TDs-370 yards, this was a very poorly played game by Sam Bradford. He made throws after they went to soft defenses, and during what was essentially garbage time. He gave the game away in the first half for christ's sake.

Except they didn't go to soft defense. They were blitzing him and running the same C2 shell until the end. There was 1 drive where they didn't blitz which was the first TD drive of the second half.

Quote:
I've been saying it all year, and todays game provided a good example; Bradford is terrible when presented with even minimal pressure. He goes down to easy, doesn't keep his eyes down field, and struggles to avoid the first rusher. As long as this continues to be the case he is going to struggle.

Yea, typically when a QB is getting pressured often and quickly, they play poorly. Even the great ones.

As for him going down easy, he broke Kevin Williams's arm tackle to avoid a sack and lengthened a couple plays by climbing in the pocket and scrambling.

And most pocket passer struggle to avoid rushers.

Quote:
It is time to bring in competition for Sam, he has been way to comfortable in his job security. I'd like to see a mid-round pick (2-4) used on a QB with upside.

I don't agree. Unless there's tremendous value like Kirk Cousins was, it would be a colossal mistake. We have far too many needs to use an important pick 2nd to 4th round pick on a QB. I'd be fine with a late round pick being used on a QB.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
You're calling yesterday "minimal pressure"?

No, nor do I see how you derived that from my post.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Except they didn't go to soft defense. They were blitzing him and running the same C2 shell until the end. There was 1 drive where they didn't blitz which was the first TD drive of the second half.

Quote:

Yea, typically when a QB is getting pressured often and quickly, they play poorly. Even the great ones.

As for him going down easy, he broke Kevin Williams's arm tackle to avoid a sack and lengthened a couple plays by climbing in the pocket and scrambling.

Quote:

I don't agree. Unless there's tremendous value like Kirk Cousins was, it would be a colossal mistake. We have far too many needs to use an important pick 2nd to 4th round pick on a QB. I'd be fine with a late round pick being used on a QB.

I strongly disagree that "most pocket passers struggle to avoid rushers." Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, the other Manning (Eli), Cutler, Romo, Rivers, ect. all know how to avoid initial pressure.

If you are referring to "non-mobile" QBs having trouble avoiding the rush, then yeah, duh, they struggle. You don't have to be fast to elude pressure while in the pocket, you just have to have balls, an area I see Sam lacking in. I would say "time will tell", but it kind of already has. If he can't learn to avoid the rush, this offense will never be better than mediocre under his direction.

Look man, I think Bradford has the physical skills to turn around his play, but we are two games away from the conclusion of the season and I have not noticed any measurable improvement in his game.

Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed strides in Sam's game. Once in a while i find him going back to his old self but most of the time, he's a new QB. I like it. 100% faith in Sam.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

I strongly disagree that "most pocket passers struggle to avoid rushers." Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, the other Manning (Eli), Cutler, Romo, Rivers, ect. all know how to avoid initial pressure.

Romo is not what I'd call a pocket passer. I've seen Sam avoid pass rushers in much of the same way I've seen the others avoid rushers but when you have multiple rushers break free or have free rushers, the QB is typically dead to rights.

Quote:
If you are referring to "non-mobile" QBs having trouble avoiding the rush, then yeah, duh, they struggle. You don't have to be fast to elude pressure while in the pocket, you just have to have balls, an area I see Sam lacking in. I would say "time will tell", but it kind of already has. If he can't learn to avoid the rush, this offense will never be better than mediocre under his direction.

Again, I've seen him utilize many of the same methods as those guys mentioned and he's avoided at least 1 sack a week since the bye. Gotten much better at it as the year has gone on.

Quote:
Look man, I think Bradford has the physical skills to turn around his play, but we are two games away from the conclusion of the season and I have not noticed any measurable improvement in his game.

Then you haven't been paying attention because his game has improved in every single measurable way.

ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Couldn't disagree with you more, his toughness shouldn't be questioned.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: