Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wait...it's late November and we're not talking QB issues???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Wait...it's late November and we're not talking QB issues??? Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man, here's to Tannehill! Here's to his clutch 4th quarter drive. Here's to a great second half in general. Man, how nice is it to watch someone throw the ball and have it actually land in good spots?

Anyway, as someone mentioned, I believe Matt Moore is a FA this year.
Do you guys think he'll walk?
Should we let him?

Teams often have 3 QBs:
--A Starter
--A Veteran Back-Up
--A Developing Youngster

We'll wait and see if Devlin possibly gets bumped up the roster but I'm wondering what ya'll think about the 3rd guy. Think we should draft someone? Or should we be safe and re-sign Matt Moore? Or is there a better FA out there? I don't think there's a better personality than Matt Moore, that's for sure.

It's definitely nice to have a reliable veteran around, too. As I've said, the dangers of drafting another late-round QB is that besides Devlin being unproven, the rookie would be unlikely to get any attention with Tannehill and Devlin already "under-development."

Any thoughts on this little FA concern?
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll walk. That was never a question. He wants to start and won't get it here.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that we are one game behind the Bengals and Steelers and we actually have an easier schedule than both of them. I can't believe we're still in the playoff hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to keep Moore but I think he's got the chance to start on a couple of teams so I doubt he stays to back up Tannehill.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
He'll walk. That was never a question. He wants to start and won't get it here.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that we are one game behind the Bengals and Steelers and we actually have an easier schedule than both of them. I can't believe we're still in the playoff hunt.

How can we possibly have an easier schedule with the Patriots twice and the 49ers yet to come? The only games I see us having a shot with are the Bills and the Jags.

We can't be too cocky about the Bills either, they just beat us. Laughing

Batch is playing like crap so I sort of understand that side but the Bengals are ahead of us by a game and can surely manage a couple wins, right?
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN NO ORDER:

Bengals: Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers
Steelers: Browns,Cowboys,Chargers, Ravens, Bengals

Dolphins: Patriots, Patriots, 49ers, Bills, Jaguars

Not much easier but we do have one more winable game than them. Anyhow, I really doubt that we make the playoffs, just pointing out that it's a surprise we are even in the hunt after the way everybody perceived this team before the season and during our bad break.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah matt is gone, he is a guy who can win and would be an upgrade for any of these teams

chiefs
Jags
cardinals
vikings (tho i doubt they are ready to move on from ponder)
eagles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
IN NO ORDER:

Not much easier but we do have one more winable game than them. Anyhow, I really doubt that we make the playoffs, just pointing out that it's a surprise we are even in the hunt after the way everybody perceived this team before the season and during our bad break.

I really don't see us making the playoffs. I would love to think we would though. I think that the steelers will get that last seed. Its rumored that big ben will be back soon. I can see us winning 3 of those games which puts us at 8-8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
IN NO ORDER:

I really don't see us making the playoffs. I would love to think we would though. I think that the steelers will get that last seed. Its rumored that big ben will be back soon. I can see us winning 3 of those games which puts us at 8-8

I feel the same way. We need to win four of those to make it really. I'm not sure I see that happening unless Kaepernick has major young QB struggles against us.

The embarrassing Titans and Billls losses are going to prove costly

^ Jamison on the sig.
Clutch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore ain't going anywhere. The teams you mentioned will either be drafting their own rookie or have drafted a young qb in the last two seasons. So he will be in no different position than he is here.

Phi - Foles
Ari - shocked if they don't draft one
Jax - just drafted Gabbert and could be in line for another high draft choice.
KC - #1 pick says it all
Jets - could be picking high
StL - no way they pass on Bradford....yet
Car - no way they pass on Newton
Det - no way they replace Stafford

So how many qbs will go first round 3? Barkely, G. Smith, L. Jones? That should be KC, Arizona, Jets.

Would Philly really want to sign Matt Moore? Or see how Foles works out?

Just not seeing a large market for Moore to start. Maybe as a backup on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations, in case the starter gets an injury.

My guess, he is retained.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also suspect he'll be re-signed somewhat quietly.

There's not a huge market for guys who can't become franchise QBs. Moore is basically--at this point--a qualified back-up QB.

With Devlin being the young prospect, I think it would be smart to have Matt Moore as the "experienced veteran" behind Tannehill. I like his attitude. He's a fun guy and he's plays the way a back-up should, he slings it around and makes it entertaining at least! Laughing
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea kind of nice to say our problems might be in other areas going into the draft (other then QB) If JP is HC next season Tanney will be the starter. (Only way I dont see JP being here is if Ireland is gone or ross sells)

Matt will be a FA and will see what is out there first team comes to mind is Chiefs and Eagles. Jags seem happy with Henne and looks like he is now their starter, I see them drafting a QB in the draft along with Cards. Another team who might look at Matt is the Jets (i Know I know, but Jets really dont have a QB and I have a feeling Sanchez is on his way out)

Delvin will be Tanneys backup JP likes him alot, I see us grabbing a later round QB (development case in the draft or an unsigned rookie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: