Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I believe its pronounced Jockel....the e after the o is silent.

If we do get Joeckel....I think he could.start at LT immediately....JP could slide to the right where he would be dominant...Honestly I'm perfectly fine with taking.Joeckel at #3 or 2....

Its gonna be really really hard for the new FO to mess this draft up...at least our first pick....I'm hoping we trade down in the first and acquire as many extra picks as possible as this draft is very deep.....

Say we do sign a LT in FA....would anyone be mad if we traded down and took Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack ?? Our oline would be wayy better...and these two happen to be two of the best G prospects I've seen in awhile.

If we go S in the 2nd ..i hope we take Matt Elam or Robert Lester. Don't really like anyone else...and either of these guys would bring a hard hitting..physical presence to our secondary. Lester happens to be my.favorite safety in this class.....I actually think he could be better than Mark Barron

We have one hole at OL. Why draft depth in the first if it was solved?

Because we have so many players returning from injury - Peters, Herremans, Kelce - there is no lock that we get everyone back and that they are as effective before.

By securing as much OL help as we can - I'm a proponent of signing Levitre and then drafting Joeckel, personally - we insure that our OL is set in case of injury... If Mathis (or if he goes to center, Kelce) has to go to the bench because of ti so be it.

The team is going to be gutted - the cap room is going to be extremely high and we're not going to have an expensive option at QB for some time now. I don't mind gouging on OL and having some extra bodies there for the time being.

Add Watkins to that list... who apparently is healthy enough to play but not getting time because the guy they signed off the street 2 weeks ago is better. Not saying Joeckel would play guard, just saying there's another hole in the OL the Eagles might need to fill soon.

I just read that Watkins is practicing this week over Scott, but he was saying he was healthy last week and ready to go and didn't know why they were practicing Scott over him. A sign that they think he's a bust? Who knows with this team anymore...
gator3guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
BARK BARK!!!!!

What? Matt???? Pfffff nahhhhhhh duude.

And Bingo was his name-o!

I'd take him over Jarvis Jones.

baconrad3 wrote:
He obviously has his flaws.....just like any other college QB prospect....but I think he's gonna be special. He just has the it factor to me. I actually think he's more polished of a passer than RGIII was coming out...he's just not the athlete Bob is.

No he is not. Geno's accuracy is inconsistent. One throw he'll drop a dime. The next throw he'll sail an easy one over a receivers head. I never saw this from RG3. RG3 had better deep accuracy and a significantly stronger arm.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
I believe its pronounced Jockel....the e after the o is silent.

If we do get Joeckel....I think he could.start at LT immediately....JP could slide to the right where he would be dominant...Honestly I'm perfectly fine with taking.Joeckel at #3 or 2....

Its gonna be really really hard for the new FO to mess this draft up...at least our first pick....I'm hoping we trade down in the first and acquire as many extra picks as possible as this draft is very deep.....

Say we do sign a LT in FA....would anyone be mad if we traded down and took Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack ?? Our oline would be wayy better...and these two happen to be two of the best G prospects I've seen in awhile.

If we go S in the 2nd ..i hope we take Matt Elam or Robert Lester. Don't really like anyone else...and either of these guys would bring a hard hitting..physical presence to our secondary. Lester happens to be my.favorite safety in this class.....I actually think he could be better than Mark Barron

We have one hole at OL. Why draft depth in the first if it was solved?

We have one hole in our OL? Seriously???? Sure doesn't seem that way....

How are we set at guard? Herremans is good but he did just get injured and is almost 30. Mathis is pretty average and is 31...Kelce is coming off a major injury.....this line needs more than just a tackle to be fixed. And Watkins is poop.

Cooper and Warmack are both Iupati-like G prospects....why not get our G of the future if we have the chance? Look what SF did a few years ago....went tackle and guard in the first .....they built their oline and now look at their offense....Alex Smith actually looked good and they have one of the best run games in the league. Their success on offense runs through their offensive line.

Short term....Mathis is OK I guess at G....but we are rebuilding....and he is not part of our future plans....why not upgrade him with a great prospect if we have the chance? I want to have the best oline possible.....if we can put together an elite line....our offense will be one of the best in the league even with an average QB.

There is this thing called getting healthy. When people do it they no longer have boo boos and are good to go again. So yes I believe that Peters and herremans will be fine next year. All reports also say this will be the case.

Kelce is up in the air as a player, but if we draft a center in the 4th to compete with him that is kind of a problem solved as well.

Mathis has been fine this year, in fact PFF think he is the best guard in the NFL. I think he gets a lot of hate for no reason because the line as a whole sucks.

Watkins sucks and I would prefer he is replaced.

So if we have peters, herremans, mathis and Kelce starting next year thart means we need 1 offensive lineman. If you sign one in FA that means we need zero starters.

You think we will be a rebuilding team correct? Wouldn't it make sense as a rebuilding team to use high picks on immediate impact players?

Also why the hell would a rebuilding team take an interior Olineman in the first? hell early at all? That is just a stupid idea in general.

Take guard depth later in the draft, we don't actually need any the next couple of years.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You basically just proved my.point. One or two injuries next year and our line is crap again. We have ZERO depth. And drafting some.project lineman in the 5th and 6th rounds wont fix that problem.

PFF is a joke.....according.to it we have two of the best guards in football from last year in Mathis and Scott....I don't need PFF to tell me how.good Mathis is....I can see that he's average.

Why would a rebuildinf team want to keep a 31 yr old average guard? Wouldn't it make sense to find his replacement.sooner rather than later?

Thinkinf that signing one T is gonna magically fix our line is beyond obtuse....Injuries are gonna happen next year...and if we don't fix our depth then our line will get destroyed again and we will be in this exact same position.

Come on Ninja you're better than that...using PFF in your argument...
You're too smart for that

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish list for the draft

1.Joeckel
2. Smith
3. Trade, somewhat in the range of what the Rams got but i doubt anything close to that is gonna happen.
4. Lewan

I'm also really interested with Lester with our first second round pick.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Luke
2. Star
3. Trade
4. Jones.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
gator3guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:

Seems like a guy that might be available in the third.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best DE in this class was Tank Carradine before he tore his ACL. Now I'm going with Alex Okafor. Why? Here's why:

In my draft infancy, I used to think that guys like Dwight Freeney were the ideal defensive ends. Don't judge me, I was but a youth. But after missing on Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith, I wised up and hopped on the Chandler Jones bandwagon because I had realized a few things:

1. Length matters
-I'm not saying you can't draft short armed pass rushers and it would be absolutely stupid to say you shouldn't draft someone because they have short arms because there have been so many successful short armed pass rushers but I failed to put the proper emphasis on arm length. Having the ability to initiate contact, extend your arms and keep linemen off of your frame is a huge, huge strength. And if you can extend your arms into a blocker and lock out, you're typically able to find the ball a little easier too.

2. Physicality matters
-Again, I thought Dwight Freeney and his speed were ideal so I was always looking for speed rushers. I thought that power rushers wouldn't be able to translate their power to the NFL but what I've realized since is that it's exactly the opposite, college players are generally the same size as NFL tackles but NFL tackles are far more athletic. These speed rushers who are racing around the edge against heavy footed OTs dont' translate to the NFL, see Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston and Jerry Hughes.

3. Experience on the inside
-I am a firm believer that playing guys at defensive tackle forces them to learn how to use their hands better and play more fundamentally sound and physical football because they're having to take on players much bigger than them. I think college players who have experience as an interior pass rusher have a bigger repertoire to work with. Aldon Smith played some DT for Missouri, Chandler Jones played all over Syracuse's line, Trent Cole played DT at Cincinnati, Hali moved inside at Penn State, Justin Tuck is an obvious example and Chris Long was a 3-4 DE in college. Experience against bigger, stronger players helps them develop IMO.

Now obviously other things like athleticism, motor, size and production factor in but those are three big things that I look for now and Alex Okafor fits all of those things.

At 6'5" and 265 pounds with what would appear to be a long set of arms, Alex Okafor certainly has the size and length that you look for. And when you watch Okafor you'll see that he is a powerful pass rusher with violent hands and strong legs but he's still got the speed rush in his repertoire, he's at least as fast and agile as Brian Orakpo was. And finally, Okafor has extensive experience on the inside. Texas wanted to play Okafor so bad that for a season, Okafor was a starting defensive tackle for the longhorns.

If you want a 4-3 end, I think Okafor is your best option. If you're planning on switching to a 3-4, that changes everything because then you're able to move guys around and you can give athletic players more freedom to get after the QB. I think Werner could be a stud in a 3-4 defense if he had any interest in playing in pursuit and playing the run, Werner is a fantastic, athletic chess piece that can be moved around but I'm not seeing a complete player in him, I'm seeing an Osi and Jason Babin type player when I watch Werner. [/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Seems like a guy that might be available in the third.

I'd bet on the 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Best DE in this class was Tank Carradine before he tore his ACL. Now I'm going with Alex Okafor. Why? Here's why:

In my draft infancy, I used to think that guys like Dwight Freeney were the ideal defensive ends. Don't judge me, I was but a youth. But after missing on Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith, I wised up and hopped on the Chandler Jones bandwagon because I had realized a few things:

1. Length matters
-I'm not saying you can't draft short armed pass rushers and it would be absolutely stupid to say you shouldn't draft someone because they have short arms because there have been so many successful short armed pass rushers but I failed to put the proper emphasis on arm length. Having the ability to initiate contact, extend your arms and keep linemen off of your frame is a huge, huge strength. And if you can extend your arms into a blocker and lock out, you're typically able to find the ball a little easier too.

2. Physicality matters
-Again, I thought Dwight Freeney and his speed were ideal so I was always looking for speed rushers. I thought that power rushers wouldn't be able to translate their power to the NFL but what I've realized since is that it's exactly the opposite, college players are generally the same size as NFL tackles but NFL tackles are far more athletic. These speed rushers who are racing around the edge against heavy footed OTs dont' translate to the NFL, see Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston and Jerry Hughes.

3. Experience on the inside
-I am a firm believer that playing guys at defensive tackle forces them to learn how to use their hands better and play more fundamentally sound and physical football because they're having to take on players much bigger than them. I think college players who have experience as an interior pass rusher have a bigger repertoire to work with. Aldon Smith played some DT for Missouri, Chandler Jones played all over Syracuse's line, Trent Cole played DT at Cincinnati, Hali moved inside at Penn State, Justin Tuck is an obvious example and Chris Long was a 3-4 DE in college. Experience against bigger, stronger players helps them develop IMO.

Now obviously other things like athleticism, motor, size and production factor in but those are three big things that I look for now and Alex Okafor fits all of those things.

At 6'5" and 265 pounds with what would appear to be a long set of arms, Alex Okafor certainly has the size and length that you look for. And when you watch Okafor you'll see that he is a powerful pass rusher with violent hands and strong legs but he's still got the speed rush in his repertoire, he's at least as fast and agile as Brian Orakpo was. And finally, Okafor has extensive experience on the inside. Texas wanted to play Okafor so bad that for a season, Okafor was a starting defensive tackle for the longhorns.

If you want a 4-3 end, I think Okafor is your best option. If you're planning on switching to a 3-4, that changes everything because then you're able to move guys around and you can give athletic players more freedom to get after the QB. I think Werner could be a stud in a 3-4 defense if he had any interest in playing in pursuit and playing the run, Werner is a fantastic, athletic chess piece that can be moved around but I'm not seeing a complete player in him, I'm seeing an Osi and Jason Babin type player when I watch Werner. [/img]

I was scouting someone else (Geno Smith?) and I saw him make play after play. Do want if we stick in the 43.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson is my fave QB in this class, but I don't like any of them enough to be content selecting them in the top 5.

Right now my dream draft looks like this:

Free Agency Signings:
Best OT available
William Moore FS
Glenn Dorsey DT
Jared Cook TE

Draft:
1 - Trade back for an extra 2nd and 4th
-Trade Maclin for a 4th

1 - Keenan Allen WR
2 - Ezekiel Ansah DE
2 - Ryan Nassib QB
3 - Larry Warford OG
4 - Mario Benavides C
4 - Sio Moore OLB
4 - Duke Williams SS
5 - Cory Grissom DT
6 - Jake Stoneburner TE
6 - Josh Johnson CB

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha. Fire BillyD!?
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Watkins and Jake Scott should be good G depth for our o-line next year and for the medium-term future. Obviously, the jury is still out on Dennis Kelly, but he looks like he could be a pretty good depth player next year/long-term future. I had high hopes for that guard we drafted from Miami last April, Brandon Washington. The depth players we have this year are just ridiculously bad. Kelly somehow> Bell and Dunlap. And anybody> Reynolds. I don't know how Bell was ever known to be a solid lineman. Dunlap really has disappointed me. He's seemingly regressed overall as a player. Seems at least twice a game the camera zooms in on him after he just got blown by and he has this grimace on his face like it was somebody else's fault. Our o-line is in good shape. Don't let this season's injuries cloud your judgement on next season's health and potential performance. We only need to invest a couple medium-value resources into the unit IMO. Though I wouldn't be livid if we used our 1st rounder on an OL, on account of our lack of team holes, IMO. We don't have very many positions that CLEARLY warrant a first round pick, but we do have a few that CLEARLY warrant competition..OL,DL,LB,CB, maybe WR. Kurt Coleman needs replaced, along with the wide-9 abolishment. Akeem Jordan? Clearly could be upgraded, but not worth a high-value resource due to his position's snap% and he's a solid player in actuality. I'm not even gonna get started on QB. I need to see more of Foles. Just a few of my opinions on some of our positions.
Shox23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Based on everything you said he seems like a great pick I think I would be happy with the pick while I think there are more pressing needs at other postions, but since we are rebuilding you can never have enough studs on your team, you obviously done your homework so what are his weaknesses?

Why is he projected to go late first-second round?

Last edited by Shox23 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Barnes Nose Tackle @GT.

Discuss?
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say we should def take a chance on the honey badger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 18 of 100

Jump to: