Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datone Jones DE UCLA 6-4 275
Plays every position in the 3-4 hybrid whatever scheme they run. And also scored a TD at TE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVUHStJDY4
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Margus Hunt. Go!

Barf. He'll be a 26 year old rookie and he's so incredibly raw it's crazy. You're basically going to have to start from scratch with this guy, he's got no semblance of fundamentals or awareness, all he has is athleticism. He's old, raw and hasn't played football long. He's already in the middle of his prime, can you turn him into anything other than a kick blocker before he turns 30?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Datone Jones

That's my guy! Love Datone Jones.

Meco wrote:
Datone Jones: I cannot tell you enough good things about this guy. Everyone always saw the talent with Datone Jones but he has really blossomed in his senior year under a new coaching staff. He played 4-3 DE early in his career and he didn't move around much but now he's primarily a 3-4 DE but I saw him playing over the center and standing up. Datone Jones plays every single gap, I saw him at 0 over the center and I saw him at the 9 way out over the tight end. He's an incredibly versatile defensive lineman who could do a number of things for an NFL team.

He's not a sack master, he lacks the flexibility to bend around the edge and climb the pocket but what he does have is very good quickness off the snap, long arms, a powerful lower body and violent hands. He knocks people backwards on contact and he consistently wins one on one battles, especially when he plays on the inside and against the run. Against the run he's an incredibly disruptive player who was consistently in Stanford's backfield. He couldn't be blocked one on one in the run game, he did a good job of extending his arms, locking out and finding the ball carrier and his effort in pursuit was fantastic. And when Jones gets you in his grasps, he hits like a freight train.

In a 4-3 defense I can see him being used all over the defensive line. He can play defensive end in running situations and he could slide inside in passing situations and be disruptive, think Jason Jones, Henry Melton and Darren Howard. But in a 3-4 defense, I think Jones can be an absolute star and if he added the weight, I'd compare him to Justin Smith. Remember, Justin Smith was 6'4" and 267 pounds coming out of college. I've seen a very similar set of skills in Datone Jones. He's just going to make a difference, at the very least he's going to be a great situational football player. I said it in the last thread but I'm 100% comfortable calling Datone Jones a first round talent.

He's going to be a really good player.

Meco wrote:
Barf. He'll be a 26 year old rookie and he's so incredibly raw it's crazy. You're basically going to have to start from scratch with this guy, he's got no semblance of fundamentals or awareness, all he has is athleticism. He's old, raw and hasn't played football long. He's already in the middle of his prime, can you turn him into anything other than a kick blocker before he turns 30?
Minus the "athleticism" and "kick blocker" portion, this assessment of Hunt is eerily similar to Danny Watkins.
oland11

Meco wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Margus Hunt. Go!

Interesting. I'm making a mock with a DE in the mid third round. Any other people I should consider?

William Gholston?
Brandon Jenkins?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Dion Jordan is a freaky freaky athlete. If he lost 20 pounds he would run a 4.3...Serious.. Ducks media has mentioned the idea that Jordan could play anything if he wanted to. His 40/10 yard splits will be sick but i think people will be shocked to see him in the cone drill and shuttle as well as position drills..You know how AJ Green is a freaky fluid athlete for a dude that big and like doesn't ever look stiff despite being huge, Jordan is that kinda athlete at DE..

I bet you could play him all over..

I'd be awesome to see a Wily vet at Def. Coordinator that could really unlock his potential and use him in a couple different ways. (Like JJ did with Dawk)

can he play sagety like Biermann does?

I'm sure when the time comes somebody is going to test that gimmick that ATL runs all he does is turn and bails to the middle third. Cover 2 teams used to do this with their MLB. Only difference is ATL is blitzing that LB and putting the DE in its place.

As far as Dion goes I need to see some more Pass rush otherwise to me he's just an ATH with no real position. He doesn't use his hands well IMO when rushing the passer. And he plays matador vs the run game. Pending his numbers I'd seriously consider moving him to TE

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Meco was supposed to rival PE...

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I'm going to make my call and say that Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah are the first three pass rushers selected.

I think 2 of those 3 will go first. I also think Moore (who I know you don't like) will go high. Teams will like the fact that he's scheme diverse and has produced in the SEC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it isn't a LSU lineman, I'm happy.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
I'm going to make my call and say that Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah are the first three pass rushers selected.

I think 2 of those 3 will go first. I also think Moore (who I know you don't like) will go high. Teams will like the fact that he's scheme diverse and has produced in the SEC.

I like Moore plenty but I just don't think he has the same amount of potential as Ansah who is IMO the top 4-3 DE in this class since Carradine got hurt. Right now I have Moore just a tick below Werner.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
If we keep our super high pick, I want a pass rusher there. No tackles we don't need.

Agreed, getting pressure on the QB is much harder than protecting him.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:

I like Moore plenty but I just don't think he has the same amount of potential as Ansah who is IMO the top 4-3 DE in this class since Carradine got hurt. Right now I have Moore just a tick below Werner.

I think people are going to 'worry' about Ansah and Jordan to not take them mega high - with potential there is always the chance of bustability.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that a freshman QB and a linebacker are the frontrunners for the Heisman is saying something Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
The fact that a freshman QB and a linebacker are the frontrunners for the Heisman is saying something Laughing

We even suck at choosing what year to suck. Sad
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Dude the NCAA Season as a whole was just down...the National championship and bowl games are nothing special either as the teams just are not truly dominant. Not a lot of great quarterback play.. or that many just blow your mind type dominant type prospects by any means and it shows in the top tier teams..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

Jump to: