Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
We don't need any skill position replacements. Not worth a significant resource anyways. Maybe a late round pick flyer on a risky but talented guy/cheap FA IMO. An o-lineman and a safety and we're set as far as personnel goes. Jake Scott could be a keeper at backup/spot starter. Damn shame we can't count on Watkins and be comfortable with Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Watkins-Herremans. I don't know how many times I've said this but, our o-line isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The injuries and whatnot brainwash some people into thinking that's our actual o-line moving forward.

Jeremy Maclin is bad and on his last year of his deal.

Jason Avant also sucks.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

People think calling someone a #2 is some kind of slight or something. It's not. He does some good things that can help a team. He's just not a go to receiver at the next level in my eyes. I think a #2 receiver is a lot better than being out of the league in 3 years but that's just me.

I don't think it's an insult to him, I just think Rogers is better than that. The level of athleticism, physicality and attitude on the field jump off the screen for me and if he didn't have massive character issues he'd be my #1 WR by a fairly wide margin. I've really seen the guy do everything on the football field. And I know you're going to bust out the stats but as much as I like stats, they don't really tell the entire story IMO and I think the AJ Green stats I used are a perfect example of that.

With the character concerns aside he is easily the best wideout in this class. It's a shame that he did not have his priorities straight and he's not getting the respect he deserves.

The character concerns are perfectly legitimate. Reportedly butted heads with the staff at Tennessee and failed multiple drug tests. He once tweeted "My game is like a cocaine habit, it never stops goin' hard" which is exactly the sort of thing you would expect from him which is very troubling.

He's an idiot, but he's a legitimate top 10 talent.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

People think calling someone a #2 is some kind of slight or something. It's not. He does some good things that can help a team. He's just not a go to receiver at the next level in my eyes. I think a #2 receiver is a lot better than being out of the league in 3 years but that's just me.

I don't think it's an insult to him, I just think Rogers is better than that. The level of athleticism, physicality and attitude on the field jump off the screen for me and if he didn't have massive character issues he'd be my #1 WR by a fairly wide margin. I've really seen the guy do everything on the football field. And I know you're going to bust out the stats but as much as I like stats, they don't really tell the entire story IMO and I think the AJ Green stats I used are a perfect example of that.

With the character concerns aside he is easily the best wideout in this class. It's a shame that he did not have his priorities straight and he's not getting the respect he deserves.

How can you be the best WR in the draft, when you weren't even the best WR on your team?

Last edited by gator3guy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
We don't need any skill position replacements. Not worth a significant resource anyways. Maybe a late round pick flyer on a risky but talented guy/cheap FA IMO. An o-lineman and a safety and we're set as far as personnel goes. Jake Scott could be a keeper at backup/spot starter. Damn shame we can't count on Watkins and be comfortable with Peters-Mathis-Kelce-Watkins-Herremans. I don't know how many times I've said this but, our o-line isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The injuries and whatnot brainwash some people into thinking that's our actual o-line moving forward.

Jason Avant also sucks.

Maclin has a year after this one for clarification. Not sure if you meant that or forgot he's under contract next year, just posting to clear it up.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

How can you be the best WR in the draft, when you weren't even the best WR on your team?

Justin Hunter is mad overrated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

You can't be serious.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

You can't be serious.

Rogers is better than Hunter? Is this 2010?
gator3guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Meco wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Meco wrote:
So… Da'Rick Rogers.

Justin Hunter is mad overrated.

He may get a little overrated. He's not a top 10 guy right now, but he's only a year removed from a torn ACL. Prior to that he was on the verge of stardom. I think he's much better than he played this season and he didn't have too bad of a season this year.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Jason Avant also sucks.

Maclin has a year after this one for clarification. Not sure if you meant that or forgot he's under contract next year, just posting to clear it up.

I meant he will be on the last year of his deal. Didn't put it very eloquently.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Jason Avant also sucks.

Happens to the best and drunkest of us...
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:

Jason Avant also sucks.

I definitely see what you're saying, but its hard for me to spend a valuable resource on a dime-a-dozen position where its rare to get a special talent, especially in this draft crop. If there was a race horse blue chip #1 guy out there, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. I guess I wouldn't flip if we spent a medium high pick on a WR since he and Foles/new guy could gel. How's next year's WR class potentially look for after Maclin's contract is up/he doesn't earn a new one? Positions I'm currently down for in the 1st--CB (trade down), DT, OT, S (trade down if Vaccaro/Elam can't be had in 2nd). But there are just so many things pending as to what position I'll want to take come late April.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Cooper Taylor S (GT/Richmond) and Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse.

Go.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well seeing as it looks like we're about to get killed by the former worst team in the NFC, can someone please give me a reason to be excited about having a top 5 pick this year? While there is a lot of quality in the later rounds, I feel there aren't really amy blue chip prospects and every top 10 player has question marks. Kind of depressing to have a horrible season and not even have the draft to look forward to.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Well seeing as it looks like we're about to get killed by the former worst team in the NFC, can someone please give me a reason to be excited about having a top 5 pick this year? While there is a lot of quality in the later rounds, I feel there aren't really amy blue chip prospects and every top 10 player has question marks. Kind of depressing to have a horrible season and not even have the draft to look forward to.

Maybe we sneak ahead of a team with a big need and swindle them out of some picks? The Eagles have enough holes to justify a slight trade back...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to seriously consider drafting the best QB available. To hell with the idiotic idea of waiting to 2014 to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: