Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Push

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Playoff Push Reply with quote

Realistically looking at the NFC Playoff picture it looks like the 6th seed will go to either us or the Seahawks. Unfortunately the replacement refs gave Seattle a W against Green Bay and therefore are currently in the 6th seed spot, where we should be. If we want to get the last playoff spot we will have to have a better record than Seattle because they will have the conference tie breaker over us most likely. We both sit at 6-5. Here are the remaining games.

Buccaneers

@Denver - toss up
Philadelphia - W
@New Orleans - toss up
St. Louis - W
@Atlanta - W (my guess is that they have already clinched 1 seed and rest starters)

Seahawks

@Chicago - L
Arizona - W
@Buffalo - W
San Francisco - L
St. Louis - W

Due to Seattle having the tie breaker over us we need to have one more win then them at the end of the year if we are to make the playoffs. Looking at the two schedules that means that we will have to go 4 - 1 over a tough schedule while Seattle loses the games it should lose and goes 3 - 2. It's doable but in order for us to make the playoffs we will have to win one of the tough "toss up" games on top of the 3 games we should win if we even want a say at the playoffs this year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I think the only thing holding us back from the playoffs is our pass defense, let's look at that more closely.

Denver

- Peyton Manning
- Demaryius Thomas
- Mcgahee out, so they will lean on the pass a bit more

Unfortunately, I see a loss in this game.

Philadelphia

- Nick Foles
- Desean Jackson
- Lesean Mccoy, not sure if he'll be back from his concussion or not

Either way I see a win for us here. We should get a couple picks off Foles.

New Orleans

- Drew Brees
- Multitude of weapons

I see us putting up lots of points (35+) but losing this game. Brees should throw for 400+ yards easily.

St. Louis

- Sam Bradford
- Hopefully we can contain Jackson

We should win this one, Bradford is meh and their weapons aren't exactly scary.

Atlanta

- We just played them, we know what they're about.

I think because we will be entering this game at 8-7 in my hypothetical situation, we will come out flying this game, whereas Atlanta will probably just be coasting to the playoffs, so I see us winning this game.

Overall, I see this happening and us finishing 9-7.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Seahawks both starting CB's get suspended. That way they could possibly have a trap game at BUF and STL aren't easy wins either. Bucs need to go 4-1 to be a LOCK for the playoffs.

If we end up 9-7 we better hope Cowboys, Redskins, Saints, and Seattle drop mad games.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where Josh Freeman needs to step it up and take the next step over the next 5 games. Yesterday, he dissapointed. Not hitting the big throws in the key moments.

He's got the ceiling, but if he can step up and play to his potential, no doubt, 4-1, heck even 5-0 down this stretch can be possible. But we're never going to get respect unless we beat a quality opponent.

These next 5 games are winnable because we've been in every game and SHOULD have won yesterday.

The fact our defensive line generated very little pass rush and us giving up 356 to Matt Ryan in the Air, we still lost by 1, and that is with our offense not executing (dropped balls, missing open WRs).

Schiano has done an excellent job correcting mistakes. And all of these mistakes are correctable and simple fundamentals that need coaching.

I think this is very possible to make a playoff run if Freeman steps it up these next few weeks.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang it lil shorty totally beat me too it i was going to post a thread like this as soon as i got off watch today

but yea we can definitely pull off a wild card

out of all our losses this year we have lost by a combined 22 points

i say again 22 points!

but i see us possibly having a heart break down the stretch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Seattle finishes 8-8 where we finish 9-7.
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so really there are 3 teams in the mix and 2 teams that could make a miracle happen.

Seahawks- Chicago, Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, Stl

Us- Denver, Philly, New Orleans, Stl, Atlanta

Vikings- Green Bay, Chicago, Stl, Houston, Green Bay

Then
Skins- NYG, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly, Dallas

Dallas- Philly, Cinci, Pittsburg, New Orleans, Washington

The Vikings have a really rough end of the season, I do not see them as a threat at all. We are banking on Atlanta resting starters week 17, Is there a chance that San Fran will be resting starters week 16 v. The seahawks? Their last 5 games seem a bit softer than ours, but they might have 2 starting CB's getting suspended, But really even with those suspensions are their CB's gonna be any weaker than ours? This really could come down to one or two stupid mistakes by either us or the hawks. We should have went for it or punted instead of letting him try that 57 yard field goal last week! Hindsight 20/20\

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get in the playoffs were guna be a tough team to beat. I think we can beat Denver this week. Its all about field position and our red zone offense. Koenen needs to have a great game this week.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like some others have been saying I think that with the looming suspensions of Seattle's CBs we very well might catch a break and be able to make the playoffs at a 9-7 record. However, lets say that we make the playoffs. We must beat either the Broncos or Saints with the CBs and pass D we have in order to show that we could keep up with a playoff team. The corners are our Achilles heel and I feel it's gonna hurt us against Peyton and Drew but if we play bend but don't break and Freeman and the O can put up points we have a chance in these games and at playoffs. One thing is for sure though. We better play our best football of the year over the next 5 weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: