Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patience is a virtue
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ODB44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Patience is a virtue Reply with quote

Raider Nation chill out, I know and feel all of your frustrations. I've been a Raiders fan since the 2003 season which is after there super bowl season, I've actually never been a fan of a NFL playoff team.....yet. The Chargers had their reign in the AFC West, Chiefs had their short run and Denver looks to have control of the division for the next season or two, but what about us. I feel all of you, its like being in a restaurant and you were the first to place an order and suddenly you been skipped by everyone which led to a lot of you being very impatient and very frustrated. Prior to the Bengals game I was watching the NFL channel, and they were talking about all the coaches and GM's that is in the hot seat, they basically named almost every coach & GM on a team with a below .500 record except DA & Reggie becuase even though they're the only team that has been performing very poorly in recent games, somehow they saw the big picture, which is that past two seasons we had a handcuffed salary cap and was unable to get high caliber players in the draft and free-agency. Yes, this team lack talents due to a last minute roundup of out of nowhere players at the of the preseason for 1. This upcoming offseason it won't be perfect as everyone wished, moves will be made as expected, there would be some moves that everyone love and hate. Every draft draft I always knew excactly what moves Al would make becuase they were very bold, know I believe in the next draft, Reggie will throw a huge curveball like the last one but whomever he picks will be actual fits to the wherever direction this team is headed. So I know office made some bad moves and got a handfull of misfits and players that should've been dealt with earlier. In the offseason as all the teams were goin up as we were going down, I knew exactly what I was in-stored for, which was to prepare to bite-down a 1-15 season, now I'm thankful we won 3 games.With most of the moves that happened in the last regime and prior to the this one, including this season it will be a 2 or 3 season process before anyone would mention us as a playoff caliber team unless process is rushed by someone become a "Tom Brady" at their position. Every off-season since 2003 I've seen some moves that sent this team go up and down, know that we have a more stabled front office the only way is up. I know you all are mad, dissapointed, and want a championship team overnight but it will be all uphill after this season and be thankful that we have a direction. Every week I've seen number of people jump right off the raider ship, to withstand this entire season, you all true fans.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on brotha

silver_surfer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did not read
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because we have a GM and stability doesn't mean we have a good GM, or HC... It is too early to judge Reggie and Dennis, but if this regime doesn't improve immensely next year we need to look for a new HC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
did not read

Oh the irony
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
did not read

Did not, or cannot?

It was a nice post about being patient and you manage to post nothing about it, but post anyway. You are not long for this forum, can't wait.

I for one agree with the post. Accept patience in cleaning up the horrid mess. 2014 will be our first complete draft in 4 years, and second full draft in 8 years. Hmmm, why do we not get better. Hmmm, because we don't run a full draft year after year and burn millions on overrated garbage?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
did not read

Oh the irony

Not sure what made me laugh more, this, or your sig quote. lawoffices is a g.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Just because we have a GM and stability doesn't mean we have a good GM, or HC... It is too early to judge Reggie and Dennis, but if this regime doesn't improve immensely next year we need to look for a new HC.

Exactly. Ram fans thought they had the right GM in Billy Devaney and Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo but it was a nightmare for Ram fans. Just because we have an actual 'GM' Some fans think we will be good now, sadly that's not the case... As of right now Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen prove to be clueless. I know it was a difficult off-season but time is ticking. If this team doesn't show big improvements next season the AX will come.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
macklemore wrote:

Exactly. Ram fans thought they had the right GM in Billy Devaney and Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo but it was a nightmare for Ram fans. Just because we have an actual 'GM' Some fans think we will be good now, sadly that's not the case... As of right now Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen prove to be clueless. I know it was a difficult off-season but time is ticking. If this team doesn't show big improvements next season the AX will come.

Yeah, 'cause you totally can accurately judge their abilities on a team crippled by the cap with few draft picks and little talent.

This place is becoming a cesspool

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, ODB44, but this is a bit non coherent and it's hard to tell what your point is. Try using paragraphs to help break up your points.

Go ahead and read through the guidelines for new posters here: strive for quality and constructiveness in new threads.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41077

Also, for respondent's, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the thread, just ignore it (original thread or other posts)

Silver_surfer... you can't seem to follow our guidelines and rules I have linked to you many times. Usually this isn't too big of a deal and we just give out friendly reminders such as I did above. However seeing as how you have a continuing tendency to not follow the Webmasters rules and recommendations, this grants you another warning.

Quote:
9. Anyone caught posting garbage or one word posts to boost their post count, may receive a permanent ban.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Last edited by NickButera on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
did not read

Of course you didn't. Just like you didn't even bother to watch the game today yet still posted crap about the coach needs to go, blah blah blah. What a joke.

Oh, and you forgot the $$ at the end of your post.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that in the current NFL that everyone wants instant success, cellar to ceiling in one offseason. It is simply not that easy. Sure some teams can do it, but they often already have 90% of what they need in place.

The knowledge base that Reggie McKenzie has is going to stand him in good stead and there is a reason he was so highly sought after to be a general manager.

Dennis Allen has flown under the radar and the jury really still has no information to even deliberate over yet.

Time and patience is the key in the NFL. Building a franchise from the ground up is a tough job, it does not happen overnight.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
It seems that in the current NFL that everyone wants instant success, cellar to ceiling in one offseason. It is simply not that easy. Sure some teams can do it, but they often already have 90% of what they need in place.

The knowledge base that Reggie McKenzie has is going to stand him in good stead and there is a reason he was so highly sought after to be a general manager.

Dennis Allen has flown under the radar and the jury really still has no information to even deliberate over yet.

Time and patience is the key in the NFL. Building a franchise from the ground up is a tough job, it does not happen overnight.

Well said!
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Can we make this the intro to the thread when you log in please? Like a service agreement.... you have to click 'I agree' before you start posting here?

The Raiders literally have 10% of what a good team needs right now. I thought long and hard about that number, and 10% is about right. On a 53 man roster, that's essentially saying 5 guys are worth keeping which seems about right.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

The defense needed to be rebuilt from the ground up, but the offenses regression can be attributed to him. So there's information, but since it's his 1st year, most are willing to give him another chance. If this team wants to be rebuilt, it can't be waisting seasons with coordinators that don't have a future beyond 1 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: