Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Oakland produce a winner.Who's in favor of moving2 LA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wouldnt care if they stayed in Oakland or left for LA. Went to a few Raiders games in the past, one in Oakland. And I can say that stadium sure isnt much to be in. However, the fanbase in the Stadium and tailgating was awesome. Moving to LA would kill the fans living in Oakland. Moving to LA would be pretty cool though I think. LA Raiders has a nice saying to it. Brand new stadium to play in would be amazing. Also as SS mentioned, it would argue a hell of alot more FA's... you cant argue against that whatsoever. So overall I do not care really. I like how both Oakland and LA Raiders sound. Both are in Cali, which would make me want to visit both home games. I just love the idea of having a brand new stadium, and perhaps with it a "fresh start".

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want what is best for the team. No offense to Oakland natives, but Raiders fans love the Raiders, not necessarily Oakland. If LA allows for a better team, I'm all for that. It's easy to say from the East Coast though, and I do believe Oakland has the best fans who deserve a championship. I'd rather see an Oakland Raiders championship than an LA Raiders one, because Oakland is a great fanbase through it all and LA is the opposite for the most part. But it is hard to argue that a change like that would be a spark for the franchise and a cleaning of the slate for the last decade. I'd be excited if they moved back to LA.

They can never leave those two locations in my mind though. Only LA or Oakland, only silver and black, only the RAIDERS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I really wouldnt care if they stayed in Oakland or left for LA. Went to a few Raiders games in the past, one in Oakland. And I can say that stadium sure isnt much to be in. However, the fanbase in the Stadium and tailgating was awesome. Moving to LA would kill the fans living in Oakland. Moving to LA would be pretty cool though I think. LA Raiders has a nice saying to it. Brand new stadium to play in would be amazing. Also as SS mentioned, it would argue a hell of alot more FA's... you cant argue against that whatsoever. So overall I do not care really. I like how both Oakland and LA Raiders sound. Both are in Cali, which would make me want to visit both home games. I just love the idea of having a brand new stadium, and perhaps with it a "fresh start".

There are a ton of Raider fans in Souther California, so there'd be support. But like the Cowboys new stadium, the ticket prices would cost a fortune. I don't want to generalize the Raiders fan base throughout California, but it's the middle to lower class that make up most of it. In this economy, I doubt you'd see many fans spending paychecks to watch a loser.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
did not read

Applause

This dude really thinks the city is the reason we havent been playing well? Now I remember why I dont come to this site every day any more.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Clippers are a joke Evil or Very Mad

You sound like a future Clipper bandwagon jumper. Thats what they all said before they got CP3.

Watch them hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy in June.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

You sound like a future Clipper bandwagon jumper. Thats what they all said before they got CP3.

silver_surfer is right on this rare occasion. The Clippers are a bunch of drama queens.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't we on track to sell out every home game for the second consecutive year? If we were to field a more competitive team, I believe we would constantly sell out with virtually no danger of a blackout.

That being said, here's hoping a new stadium is built so the Raiders don't have to move to LA. Mark has said he'll do it and I believe him. I believe we're certainly in the mix as potential teams that could move along with Jacksonville, Minnesota and San Diego.

Smack on the new sig
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

silver_surfer is right on this rare occasion. The Clippers are a bunch of drama queens.

Occasionally yea. At least their coach doesn't pull the "Hack-a-(Insert Bad Free Throw Shooter's name)" during the 2nd quarter.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live about an hour's drive to Oakland and I've lived in LA,SD...
I've called them The Raiders or Oakland Raiders. If they move, they should NOT be allowed to use the city's name! They are a Cali team, but the dirty, gritty Oakland is what I will always remember.
LA would attract more Free Agents, but probably more off-field issues. Too much trouble to get into with all the glitz BS that keeps sucking the life out of LA residents/transients...
To me, Oakland has SOUL while LA is a hallow shell...

PS I'm not bitter from my failed film career am I?!? Laughing
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Occasionally yea. At least their coach doesn't pull the "Hack-a-(Insert Bad Free Throw Shooter's name)" during the 2nd quarter.

Are they really going to lose at home to the Hornets? 2 points for Blake Griffin going up against Ryan Anderson. Yikes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: