Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign RB Jacob Hester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncs4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Broncos sign RB Jacob Hester Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold

Don't know if you guys are happy but with the performance of Moreno yesterday, i don't feel it was a rush to sign a RB. With Ball and Hillman in the mix. Maybe some FB play for Hester?

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a battering ram for goaline situations. Even if Hester isn't quite that, we only have either injury-prone, finesse or just good in pass-pro backs on this roster. There is room for him. And I don't know where this is exactly coming from, but I think I am not mistaken if I say that I remember Hester playing adequately in place of Mathews and Tolbert last season. His signing is smarter than a Slaton signing would have been.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we added Hester we should get rid of Chris Gronkowski, there is really no need for him now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should have been done weeks ago.

See ya later Gronkowski.

EDIT: Nevermind. Broncos have him listed under RB on the official depth chart. Also, Knowshon has jumped to the starting RB now.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this signing. I mean, look at my hat, in my pick.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft/NFL-Draft-Jacob-Hester-Highlights-284

He is a bruiser, who can catch, and he has a bit of flash to him. He is what Tebow should be, or could be.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hester is a excellent ST player and also a threat as a receiver. I like the signing and MAYBE it gives Peyton another weapon. Can also play H-back. I keep hearing that Ball makes the squad because he is a good ST player, maybe Hester replaces him???
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't make much of it. Under "emergency running back" in the dictionary there's a picture of Jacob Hester.

He and Lance are kinda the same guy. Big difference is Lance knows the offense.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I wouldn't make much of it. Under "emergency running back" in the dictionary there's a picture of Jacob Hester.

Bingo! We have a winner.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

At least Hester can offer some ST play. Ball is a waste.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was probably brought in for his pass blocking ability. That is something that the team lost with McGahee going down. He was very underrated as a pass blocker protecting Peyton. Hester would definitely help that.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
sandiegoraider1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
Hester is a excellent ST player and also a threat as a receiver. I like the signing and MAYBE it gives Peyton another weapon. Can also play H-back. I keep hearing that Ball makes the squad because he is a good ST player, maybe Hester replaces him???

5.6 yards per catch big time thrreat as a receiver. Biggest gain (catch or running) of his career 28 yards. Not just doing this because you are a rival but Hester is nothing obviously signing him doesn't hurt you but i'd be absolutely shocked if it payed any dividends other than perhaps special teams
kansas bob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandiegoraider1 wrote:
kansas bob wrote:

5.6 yards per catch big time thrreat as a receiver. Biggest gain (catch or running) of his career 28 yards. Not just doing this because you are a rival but Hester is nothing obviously signing him doesn't hurt you but i'd be absolutely shocked if it payed any dividends other than perhaps special teams

I know Raider fans would never say anything just because of being a rival! lol
Seriously, Manning has a way to get the best out of everyone around him. Denver uses single back sets mostly and MAYBE can use him as a blocker and safety valve receiver out of the backfield. We will see but being a good blocker won't hurt his chances of seeing more action once he learns the playbook. Lack of blocking is what will keep Hillman on the bench.
I would love it if he did "absolutely shock you" lol. Players sometimes look totally different in a different setting and I really don't think the Dolts used him correctly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of conversation about this fella, but lets be honest. He's been out of football since the end of August.

Don't you think if ANYBODY thought he would upgrade their teams roster they would have signed him? (Denver included)
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hester's not a great athlete so I'm not going to expect too much but this offense is probably the best fit possible for him.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Lots of conversation about this fella, but lets be honest. He's been out of football since the end of August.

Don't you think if ANYBODY thought he would upgrade their teams roster they would have signed him? (Denver included)

He seems like an improvement over Gronkowski, unless I missed something. Not sure if Gronk is a better blocker, or ST player, or runner....
That said this addition is just for depth, nothing more than that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: