Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: VIKINGS (6-5) at Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse_0227

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have really been pulling for Ponder all along...we talk about wr and guard play being awful, but im really beginning to wonder if it goes beyond that and he is truly that bad. He makes plays sometimes but then there are those wtf moments. sigh. it makes being a fan tough lol.
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that I'm done hearing arguments about how bad Musgrave, the WRs, and what have you really are.

What is pretty damn clear as day is just how putrid this quarterback is. I'm so fed up with watching Vikings QBs drop back to pass and having to hope they do the least most undesirable thing that can possibly happen. At this rate the incompletions are a welcome sight...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
All I know is that I'm done hearing arguments about how bad Musgrave, the WRs, and what have you really are.

What is pretty damn clear as day is just how putrid this quarterback is. I'm so fed up with watching Vikings QBs drop back to pass and having to hope they do the least most undesirable thing that can possibly happen. At this rate the incompletions are a welcome sight...

In no way am I defending Ponder or making a excuse for him.. Just speaking on the WR in this game, what have they done to make you feel any QB would have great success passing today? The WR's honestly didn't get separation all game. Rodgers looked very average when his wr's struggled to beat man to man.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:

it is still perfectly valid to criticize the WR's, G's and playcalling, because they are all truly terrible, independent of the QB play. The entire passing game needs to be completely re-tooled before this team is going to be competitive.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pau Charchian is just going off on FOX9 right now, just tearing the coaching staff apart due to the lack of accountability and refusal to make changes when things clearly not working.

He gets it.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldthink a millionaire ex player could afford a better coat.....
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the game:

DB's actually weren't bad that game, they covered guys pretty well in Rodgers moved around and bought time.

Run defense had a few lapses, but overall the defense stepped up a bit.

Ponder was meh, he wasn't bad but he wasn't good, he made a bad throw (in particular the INT in the end zone), but he also made some nice throws that weren't caught, and as Aikman accurately said, even Joe Montana wouldn't have had a good game with how the WR's were.

Peterson = Beast

Rudolph is the best receiving option without Harvin and at least they have used him.

If Webb had come into that game the difference would have been about 4 yards rushing by the QB's, the WR's are just that bad, and Webb is a worse passer.

Offensive line had an okay game, interior struggled some, but did an admirable job.

Pass rush was there, but they didn't finish off plays.

Mason Crosby tried to be a good Viking early in the game.

ktarinze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Thoughts on the game:

DB's actually weren't bad that game, they covered guys pretty well in Rodgers moved around and bought time.

Run defense had a few lapses, but overall the defense stepped up a bit.

Ponder was meh, he wasn't bad but he wasn't good, he made a bad throw (in particular the INT in the end zone), but he also made some nice throws that weren't caught, and as Aikman accurately said, even Joe Montana wouldn't have had a good game with how the WR's were.

Peterson = Beast

Rudolph is the best receiving option without Harvin and at least they have used him.

If Webb had come into that game the difference would have been about 4 yards rushing by the QB's, the WR's are just that bad, and Webb is a worse passer.

Offensive line had an okay game, interior struggled some, but did an admirable job.

Pass rush was there, but they didn't finish off plays.

Mason Crosby tried to be a good Viking early in the game.

if webb came in we might have won the game. Hell I'm even to the point that if we had TJack we would of won that game.

Ponder did horrible imo and a lot of others opinion as well
trippene

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game today, you guys win with better quarterback today and AP would have broke the rushing record. Good luck until we meet again in week 17.

Thank you Swift!
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charchian is calling for the entire coaching staff to be fired, as well as Ponder.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Charchian is calling for the entire coaching staff to be fired, as well as Ponder.

I agree with him, but then I felt that way last year....
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know the recievers are bad but even if we had Calvin Johnson on our team I didn't see anything from ponder today that makes me think he would be able to even give him a chance to catch the ball.

I'm horribly dissapointed. I fully expected the Vikings to lose but that was as winnable a game as the Vikings will have all year and ponder killed them..

Feel like I got smacked in the face by ponders issues.

I've been preaching that he is young but I see young QBs all over the league not make the terrible throws get makes on a regular basis. I just don't get what is so hard about planting your feet and throwing the ball like hes got a pair...
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
We all know the recievers are bad but even if we had Calvin Johnson on our team I didn't see anything from ponder today that makes me think he would be able to even give him a chance to catch the ball.

I'm horribly dissapointed. I fully expected the Vikings to lose but that was as winnable a game as the Vikings will have all year and ponder killed them..

Feel like I got smacked in the face by ponders issues.

I've been preaching that he is young but I see young QBs all over the league not make the terrible throws get makes on a regular basis. I just don't get what is so hard about planting your feet and throwing the ball like hes got a pair...

Everything we've pointed out manifested itself in the game. Ill-advised decisions, ridiculous footwork, inability to progress through reads, overblown accuracy. He is not learning from his mistakes, as has been said so many times now.

Peppers90 on the sig.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kalil is a beast. You guys are lucky.

Either way, Ponder should take most of that slack. He just doesn't have it right now. That's not to say he doesn't have any potential going forward, but his struggles are a product of the fit and some below average receivers. Give him a young stud WR in this upcoming draft and another year or two and see where it goes. Right now, though, he isn't there.

Good win for us despite playing awful. You guys played a damn good game. I love these NFC North battles in December, win or lose. Good luck going forward with your monster running back.

Also, Rudolph is a top three tight end next year if Ponder progresses. There's no doubt about that.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

- Peterson is a beast
- I thought the secondary played well, even the TD pass on the opening drive was good coverage
- The tackling was still not good enough
- Harrison Smith had his best game in a while
- They really, really need Harvin back
- Ponder was disappointing, he was the difference in the game. He isn't getting any help, but too many throws look predetermined and/or the accuracy is off. Hopefully that is the worst game of his career.
- Hopefully the only current WRs on the roster next season are Harvin and Wright (Childs as well, if healthy)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: