Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: VIKINGS (6-5) at Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14667
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
teams are 53-2 when they have a 200 yard rusher. Shocked

and we still can't win...

I wonder who the other losers were...
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 9327
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, with an average qb, they win. Assuming the Pack stays this conservative. The qb is awful. The wrs are awful. The dlune cannot do their job. The linebackers are bad......

I think they are far from good.....i might deal a lot of players and blow up this team. Gotta calm down before deciding.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27526
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
I hate to say it...but Trent Dilfer was dead on about Ponder. He's fine with a clean pocket and a place to go...but when there is "chaos" around him...he folds.


Every time I bring it up, all I hear is "what was Dilfer know about playing QB?" Ironic argument.
yep. If anything the best analysys are the ones who weren't the best players in their playing days...they didn't have the same ability the elite guys had so they had to do all the little things to be good. Same with the NBA.


Honestly Dilfer's analysis wasn't even that profound or something Joe Schmoe couldn't see.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freakout


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 3111
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to stop fiddling around. Dump the coaching staff and get a real head coach in here. Get what you can out of Kevin and Jared so you can really start rebuilding.

As a WVU fan, when they hired Fraizer it was like when we hired Stu after Rich Rod bailing. The players loved them both but that means squat.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27526
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
teams are 53-2 when they have a 200 yard rusher. Shocked

and we still can't win...

I wonder who the other losers were...


I feel like the losses were two Vikings games from this year lol.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
I hate to say it...but Trent Dilfer was dead on about Ponder. He's fine with a clean pocket and a place to go...but when there is "chaos" around him...he folds.


Every time I bring it up, all I hear is "what was Dilfer know about playing QB?" Ironic argument.
yep. If anything the best analysys are the ones who weren't the best players in their playing days...they didn't have the same ability the elite guys had so they had to do all the little things to be good. Same with the NBA.


Honestly Dilfer's analysis wasn't even that profound or something Joe Schmoe couldn't see.


That's not even close to true. Most posters actively rejected it whenever it was brought up. Joe Schmoe must not watch much football.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spiken


Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1234
Location: Wrong Side of the River, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why make them kick a bad kick again for five yards and eight seconds? Morons...
_________________
Skol Vikings!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12693
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McElroy wins! oh wait its not ponder.

nvm
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6178
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Ponder manages just enough yardage in garbage time to go over 100 yards.
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 9327
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they win eight, it will be because hous and or gb rest players....

Still think Frazier is a bad coach. Still do not trust Spielman. Still think Musgrave is bad.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I agree, with an average qb, they win. Assuming the Pack stays this conservative. The qb is awful. The wrs are awful. The dlune cannot do their job. The linebackers are bad......

I think they are far from good.....i might deal a lot of players and blow up this team. Gotta calm down before deciding.


I don't know much I'd blow up the roster exactly, it's kind of tricky, isn't it? We have to make sure we deal the right pieces and keep enough of our worthwhile mainstays on the roster. There are numerous holes on both sides of the ball, so at the very least, we have a wide open Draft to look forward to. Plenty of ways we can go on Draft day.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27526
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:
I hate to say it...but Trent Dilfer was dead on about Ponder. He's fine with a clean pocket and a place to go...but when there is "chaos" around him...he folds.


Every time I bring it up, all I hear is "what was Dilfer know about playing QB?" Ironic argument.
yep. If anything the best analysys are the ones who weren't the best players in their playing days...they didn't have the same ability the elite guys had so they had to do all the little things to be good. Same with the NBA.


Honestly Dilfer's analysis wasn't even that profound or something Joe Schmoe couldn't see.


That's not even close to true. Most posters actively rejected it whenever it was brought up. Joe Schmoe must not watch much football.


I'll just say that was basically my analysis of Ponder before that article came out. I'm not saying it was completely obvious or something everyone would agree with, but it didn't take playing in the NFL to make his analysis.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dc_vikingfan


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 2218
Location: Washington DC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like the dline truly miss Karl Dunbar. I don't want to but almost ready to give up on Ponder. Wr's gotta do better job of getting open.
_________________
Enrage wrote:
I love how everyone says "draft BPA" and we draft BPA and everyone still whines. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArcticNorseman


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2288
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sad day for the Vikes and Vike fans . . . we should have/could have won that game . . . it matters not.

For the 1st time, I have to question, "What the heck is going on with Ponder?" Maybe he really is nothing more than a facade . . . his inaccuracy today was not only apparent, but abysmal. So what if the WRs are crap in general, the placement of his passes today were horrid. if Rudolph didn't have the wingspan and hands he has, Ponder may have completed 1 or 2 passes.

Another thing I really watched closely was the LB play. Brinkley has officially demoted himself from promising to cut. He was 2 steps late on everything he should've be T-d up on. His missed tackles gave the Pack a few first downs on running plays.

I questioned whether Henderson was a good player and the last several weeks he's proved the Vikes were very generous on giving him a contract. .. .. period!

Kudos to Aaron Rodgers and his hard count . . . the D-line looked foolish the 1st half. But, they rebounded nicely the 2nd half and gave the offense all the opportunity in the world.

On the flip side, Harrison Smith is good and the D-line did well.

Adrian needs to be tested for something ... is he like some kinda terminator or what? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14667
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we still had Sidney Rice.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group