Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Race
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Wow, if we had been able to pull of the W, and if Chicago had held on and beat Seattle in OT then we would be looking at a 6 way tie at 6-6 for the 2nd WC spot. That would have been fun...

Thats alot of "if's" there... Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
Wow, if we had been able to pull of the W, and if Chicago had held on and beat Seattle in OT then we would be looking at a 6 way tie at 6-6 for the 2nd WC spot. That would have been fun...

Thats alot of "if's" there... Lol

I know...still cool to think about Laughing

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 31 cat 431 yds 2 TDs
S Rafael Bush 55 tak 0 INT 3 PD IR
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Card Race Reply with quote

Ok… Maybe, just maybe it could go down like this:

The only way I see the Saints having a chance of making the playoffs, 3 things need to happen…

1. Saints must run the table:

Our remaining schedule is as follows…

@Giants
Buccaneers
@Cowboys
Panthers

I think it’s a major plus having both remaining divisional opponents at home and we have fared well in Dallas’s new stadium last time we were there. Outside in New York against a reeling desperate Giants team could very well be our toughest task left. While it will be tough, 9-7 is not impossible for this club looking at the layout.

2 & 3. The Seahawks & Redskins must each loose 2 more games:

Seahawks remaining schedule…

Cardinals - Divisional opponent who has beaten them once this year could be another close one.

@Bills - Streaky team outside in the cold at home could play spoiler for us.

49ers – Niners will be fighting for playoff seeding still, likely loss here for the Hawks.

Rams - Tough up and coming divisional opponent playing for pride and has proven to be a dangerous team.

Looking at this schedule it’s not hard to imagine the Hawks dropping a couple. I think the 49ers win in week 16 but Saints would need one of the others to come through… How’s that Hail Mary game winning INT against Green Bay looking now?

Redskins remaining schedule…

Ravens – Tough matchup but Ravens are fighting for playoff position and I think they take this one.

@Browns – I’d say Skins here but you never know what Browns team may show up and there in Cleveland.

@Eagles – This is a given for RG3, the Eagles are a mess right now but they might send Andy out on a high note.

Cowboys – I think we’d be rooting for the Boys but they seem like they have the type of players that will pack it in after being eliminated.

Honestly I feel their better chance of the Hawks going 9-7 than the Redskins going 8-8 but sadly we lost to RG3 and we need both to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
saintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ If those suspensions hold up for Seattle's top two CBs, that would be a HUGE blow to their D and could result in an extra loss. I think their hearings are next week

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 31 cat 431 yds 2 TDs
S Rafael Bush 55 tak 0 INT 3 PD IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: