Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd mock off season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: 3rd mock off season Reply with quote

GM : Marc Ross

HC : Jay Gruden

OC : Jay Gruden / Karl Dorrell

DC : Ron Rivera

Free Agent Signings:
Brandon Albert - Franchised
Jovan Belcher
Ropati Pitoitua
Edgar Jones
Thomas Gafford
Dustin Colquitt

*Those key signings should bring us to around 15-18ish million.*

Out of town Free Agent Signings:
Brent Grimes

2013 NFL Draft

1- Geno Smith = Top rated QB (at this point). You can never pass up a franchise QB in the draft.

2- Cordarrelle Patterson = One of the best WR's to come out this year. The kid can do it all at 6'3, 205 and would fit nicely into our offense.

3- Travis Howard = Big and physical corner back. Not to mention he is an honor roll student as well.

3- Aaron Murray (Comp pick) = Definitely an interesting pick but we need more depth at QB and this would provide some much needed competition for Geno. This reminds me of what the Redskins did last year with RGIII and Kirk Cousins.

4- Micah Hyde = Can play both safety and corner back in our defense. Has some problems off the field but can turn into a good CB.

5- James Ferentz = With Hudson coming back from an injury depth wouldn't be a bad thing to add in the middle of the offensive line.

6- BPA

7- BPA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Geno pick and love the Grimes pickup.

Not a fan of letting Bowe walk if he wants to be here (which he's publicly said he does) and having to draft his replacement with a pick that's essentially late 1st rounder. I'd also prefer to see safety addressed earlier than you have here.

I'd give this offseason a C grade as a whole.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

Not a fan of letting Bowe walk if he wants to be here (which he's publicly said he does) and having to draft his replacement with a pick that's essentially late 1st rounder. I'd also prefer to see safety addressed earlier than you have here.

I'm not a big fan of letting him go either but what we don't seem to understand as fans is that with really high draft picks this year, we dont have insane amounts of money to sign all of these players. Bowe + Albert + Geno is practically all we could do in FA. We might even have to let guys like Belcher walk etc.

At the same time I guess if we make cuts to Cassel - Quinn - No Hillis - Breaston? We will save some extra cash.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year an ILB seems to fall to the top of the second that no one expected to be there at that point. I would love if a guy who can be an elite SILB was there at our second pick

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Every year an ILB seems to fall to the top of the second that no one expected to be there at that point. I would love if a guy who can be an elite SILB was there at our second pick

Just an FYI. We used Jovan Belcher for 3 plays on defense vs the Bronco's. The 2nd ILB position is a dying breed in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

Just an FYI. We used Jovan Belcher for 3 plays on defense vs the Bronco's. The 2nd ILB position is a dying breed in the NFL.

A 2-4-5 Would be really powerful as a package if we had another LB like DJ and maybe another good rusher next to Poe

Jon Gruden wrote:
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

A 2-4-5 Would be really powerful as a package if we had another LB like DJ and maybe another good rusher next to Poe

If we draft Te'o the problem is solved.... at least on the ILB position and we can take some pressure off DJ..
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

If we draft Te'o the problem is solved.... at least on the ILB position and we can take some pressure off DJ..

We would have to trade back up in the first or draft him instead of Geno.

As much as I want Te'o. I wouldn't draft him over Geno.

I really think people are sleeping on Geno b/c of a few bad loses and that he plays for WV.
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya we have to roll the dice on a QB with our first pick. No questions in my mind.

Jon Gruden wrote:
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch Chase Thomas, the more I want him next to DJ.

2-4-5 Base

Jackson, Poe
Houston, Thomas, DJ, Hali

That'd be a beastly front 6.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

I'm not a big fan of letting him go either but what we don't seem to understand as fans is that with really high draft picks this year, we dont have insane amounts of money to sign all of these players. Bowe + Albert + Geno is practically all we could do in FA. We might even have to let guys like Belcher walk etc.

At the same time I guess if we make cuts to Cassel - Quinn - No Hillis - Breaston? We will save some extra cash.

Well, those two should be 1 and 2. Is Geno a FA, if so what are we waiting for?

Bowe and Albert with deals are going to be payed similar to what they are this year, more to Albert as i'm not sure what he makes this year.

Geno/Stanzi/Tanny would cost less than Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

Which is why i'm against drafting ILB until we get QB/CB. Does anybody know how we would play it against the Donkeys if we had like Teo instead of Belcher? Who would come out instead of the 4th LB? Would it work better?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

Which is why i'm against drafting ILB until we get QB/CB. Does anybody know how we would play it against the Donkeys if we had like Teo instead of Belcher? Who would come out instead of the 4th LB? Would it work better?

Which is why I want more of a pass rushing ILB. Imagine having someone able to do stunts with Hali/Houston.

I would line up with 2 DL, 4 LB, 3 CB, and 2 S. Safety and CB could flip flop with matchups.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

It all depends on how the contracts are structured. Plus, do we really want to bring in a lot of high priced free agents who won't be here by the time our new QB (hopefully Geno) is at the peak of his career? I don't think that's the best idea. Bowe and Albert are still young enough to be part of that and if we focus on front loaded contracts for Albert, Geno & Bowe, it won't limit us in free agency in future years. I agree that we won't have a ton of cash to throw at free agents this offseason, but if you realistically ask yourself who would want to come to a team that seems to be disfunctional and coming off a season where they were the worst team in football? The only players who would likely be willing to do that are the ones who are all about the money and I don't know about you, but I don't want a roster full of those kind of players.

Don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from (and agree with you too), but the only way it makes sense to allow Albert to walk is if we have a viable replacement for him. Stephenson looks as if he'll provide us that luxury right now (we'll see if he can duplicate the Broncos game performance), but what about LG? Allen doesn't seem to be progressing in his development and that leaves us with an overpriced, aged Lilja if we retain him. The only other option is to draft or sign a FA guard to fill that spot and unless we spend our 2nd rounder on that position (that probably SHOULD be used on a CB or S), we'll probably end up fielding another inconsistent O-line as a whole in 2013. Well, with a rookie QB, that's probably not the best idea. Now, if we franchise Albert and pay him like a top 5 LT, that would also strap us financially.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the contracts, don't forget the rollover cap, which we're obviously not using this year, so will get rolled over to next. That plus the savings from exorcising Cassel from the equation should help. It should allow us to re-sign both Bowe and Albert for what should amount to about $25MM combined the first year.

We have to re-sign Albert IMO, because we do need to protect our new QB. Albert is not some scrub. When was the last time a LT of his caliber hit free agency without injury concerns? That should answer our question.

And absolutely do not want to draft any ILB at the top of the 1st. Maybe not even the top of the 2nd. The value simply isn't there (unless we move back to a 4-3 and even then) a this position anymore. Maybe if we get a new defensive coach like Fangio who uses way more base 3-4 fronts then most, I could see it. Still, I'd rather look for a more versatile and less costly Alec Ogletree in the 2nd, or Sean Porter in the 3rd (who has played 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, and 4-3 OLB in his time at A&M).

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: