Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Week 13: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

Monday Night Football. Prime Time. Showtime.

Where: Fed Ex Field, Landover, MD

Time: 8:30

Channel: ESPN

Remember this:

Victor Cruz 77 yard TD

This is what did the Redskins in the last game. Going up on the Giants with under 2 minutes to go and Victor Cruz finds a seam route on press coverage with no over the top S, Eli just has to loft it over the trailing Wilson for the easy score.

I don't think this happens this game.

Washington needs to win this game in order to keep their division hopes alive. The Giants need to win this game to separate themselves from the rest of the division.

For the New York Giants:

Eli has to have a great game in hostile territory. The Redskins have won 2 straight division wins and are going to be hungry for the 3rd one. Eli has to subdue this hunger by controlling the clock and running the football.

The Giants have a lot of weapons on offense:

Code:

NYG   7   4   0   
WAS   5   6   0   
DAL   5   6   0   
PHI   3   7   0   

The current standing are showing the Redskins 2 games behind in the division. Moreover the Redskins are 2-1 in the division, and the Giants are 2-2 in the division. Percentage wise, the Skins hold the lead. So this game is extremely meaningful in the division for both teams.

Washington on the other hand, needs this game more as winning will close the gap against the Giants with the Giants coming up on a more difficult schedule close than the Redskins.

New York Giants schedule:
@ Washington
vs New Orleans
@ Atlanta
@ Baltimore
vs Philadelphia

Redskins schedule:
vs New York Giants
vs Baltimore
@ Cleveland
@ Philadelphia
vs Dallas

The Redskins schedule is much more favorable for the Redskins than the Giants schedule is for the Giants.

The Redskins finally have their #1 WR back and he was a key factor in the win against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. But having RGIII being nearly perfect in the past few games has really gotten the motors moving for the Redskins on offense.

All of these guys have been stepping up big and it has really improved the offense. While I wish I could say the same for the Redskins defense, they have been playing better as of late and will need to keep that mentality going into next Mondays game. Stick to running the ball with Morris and neutralizing the pass rush.

Hoping the Redskins start to utilize Cooley a bit more would be beneficial, because it is someone the Giants may not have planned for. But in any case, having Logan Paulsen be more involved in the passing game will help alleviate the pressure the Giants are going to use to come after Griffin.

Have to get Robinson a deep touch to really shock the defense and get them to play honest.

Trent Williams is playing at pro bowl caliber and I hope that he can contain the backside of Griffin against the speed rushes of JPP, Tuck and Osi.

Ultimately, the play of the Redskins is going to come down to the ability to create turnovers, getting pressure on Manning, slowing down the running game, and eliminating the long ball. Executing on offense, sticking to the run, controlling the clock and reducing the amount of penalties that are called will ultimately create a winning gameplan.

I think that the Redskins have momentum, drive and determination to really show that the first game might have been a fluke. Look for the Redskins to come out to prove something.

Giants 24
Redskins 34

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Giants play anything like they did last night, they have this one in the bag.
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
If the Giants play anything like they did last night, they have this one in the bag.

the packers played horribly last night, i'm not scared of the Giants. I just hope our D shows up and pressures eli. It'll be interesting to see how RG3 plays in cold weather.

Either way 33-27 skins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RG3 is hungrier than Manning. Since the bye/being named captain hes been perfect. I really hope he continues.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

the packers played horribly last night, i'm not scared of the Giants. I just hope our D shows up and pressures eli. It'll be interesting to see how RG3 plays in cold weather.

Either way 33-27 skins

Cold weather --man, I've been wondering the same thing..Kinda changes the dynamics doesn't it ? The Jints sure looked like world Champs against the Pack.. Shows how good we were to take them down to the wire..
Obviouisly we need this one to keep the Playoff ( Palyoffs !!?? , Playoffs!!?? ??) hopes alive.. We are even back in the wildcard scenerio ..
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Either way 33-27 skins

Cold weather --man, I've been wondering the same thing..Kinda changes the dynamics doesn't it ? The Jints sure looked like world Champs against the Pack.. Shows how good we were to take them down to the wire..
Obviouisly we need this one to keep the Playoff ( Palyoffs !!?? , Playoffs!!?? ??) hopes alive.. We are even back in the wildcard scenerio ..

The things that the Packers had was that they did not have a running game to stall the Giants pass rush.

Their offensive line could not handle the speed rushers of the Giants.

The 3 safety defense was working really well with the scheme the Packers had planned for.

The Giants were coming off the bye week.

The Giants were playing at home and were hungry to get a win. The Packers were flat.

I dont think that happens with us, as we have 11 days to get people healthy and gameplan effectively.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect this to be a nail biter again, just like last time. Whomever has the ball last WILL win the game! The packers supplied ZERO pass rush last night w/o matthews. We at least provide some pass rush with our front 7, eventhough w/o Orakpo it is severly diminished from last year.

Again, whomever has the ball last wins this game imo.

Giants-31
Skins- 28

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants that showed up last nite will not be the same team we face come Monday Night at Fedex Field. Eli alwayz struggles against us and the streak will continue. The D is playing at a much better rate and will be key in our victory. I don't see much changing from last game other than us not allowing the big game winning TD at the end. We will win this Game!!!!!!! After a huge win in Texas we come back home and add to the fuel with other big time win in the division on the big stage (MNF) putting us at 3-1 in the division.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
The Giants that showed up last nite will not be the same team we face come Monday Night at Fedex Field. Eli alwayz struggles against us and the streak will continue. The D is playing at a much better rate and will be key in our victory. I don't see much changing from last game other than us not allowing the big game winning TD at the end. We will win this Game!!!!!!! After a huge win in Texas we come back home and add to the fuel with other big time win in the division on the big stage (MNF) putting us at 3-1 in the division.
Sounds good. I hope you are right buddy! It'd be awesome to continue our own destiny on the way to a possible playoff birth. We hold a lot of tie breakers right now, all we have to do is make sure we take care of our own business.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Sounds good. I hope you are right buddy! It'd be awesome to continue our own destiny on the way to a possible playoff birth. We hold a lot of tie breakers right now, all we have to do is make sure we take care of our own business.

I love the optimism. 9-7 gets us in the playoffs with the tie breakers in our favor. Even Peter King thinks we'll make the playoffs. Wasn't he hating on the skins before the year started?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/26/Week-12/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Either way 33-27 skins

The Skins are a more proboematic match up for the G-Nats than the Packers. Trams with running games have been murderous to NY. Our guys running game is more adroits than GB's. Heck Was has one of the most devastating rushing attacks in the NFL.

That being stated this is a critical game for the Skins. Let's hope they don't choke? Confused
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 13: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Monday Night Football. Prime Time. Showtime.

Where: Fed Ex Field, Landover, MD

[img]http://washington.org/sites/washington.org/master/files/styles/guide_to_left/public/FedEx_field.jpg
[/img]

Time: 8:30 ESPN

Remember this:

Victor Cruz 77 yard TD

This is what did the Redskins in the last game. Going up on the Giants with under 2 minutes to go and Victor Cruz finds a seam route on press coverage with no over the top S, Eli just has to loft it over the trailing Wilson for the easy score.

I don't think this happens this game.

This game is not as important to the Giants as it is to the Redskins. Washington needs to win this game in order to keep their division hopes alive.

For the New York Giants:

Eli has to have a great game in hostile territory. The Redskins have won 2 straight division wins and are going to be hungry for the 3rd one. Eli has to subdue this hunger by controlling the clock and running the football.

The Giants have a lot of weapons on offense:

Code:

NYG   7   4   0   
WAS   5   6   0   
DAL   5   6   0   
PHI   3   7   0   

The current standing are showing the Redskins 2 games behind in the division. Moreover the Redskins are 2-1 in the division, and the Giants are 2-2 in the division. Percentage wise, the Skins hold the lead. So this game is extremely meaningful in the division for both teams.

Washington on the other hand, needs this game more as winning will close the gap against the Giants with the Giants coming up on a more difficult schedule close than the Redskins.

New York Giants schedule:
@ Washington
vs New Orleans
@ Atlanta
@ Baltimore
vs Philadelphia

Redskins schedule:
vs New York Giants
vs Baltimore
@ Cleveland
@ Philadelphia
vs Dallas

The Redskins schedule is much more favorable for the Redskins than the Giants schedule is for the Giants.

The Redskins finally have their #1 WR back and he was a key factor in the win against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. But having RGIII being nearly perfect in the past few games has really gotten the motors moving for the Redskins on offense.

All of these guys have been stepping up big and it has really improved the offense. While I wish I could say the same for the Redskins defense, they have been playing better as of late and will need to keep that mentality going into next Mondays game. Stick to running the ball with Morris and neutralizing the pass rush.

Hoping the Redskins start to utilize Cooley a bit more would be beneficial, because it is someone the Giants may not have planned for. But in any case, having Logan Paulsen be more involved in the passing game will help alleviate the pressure the Giants are going to use to come after Griffin.

Have to get Robinson a deep touch to really shock the defense and get them to play honest.

Trent Williams is playing at pro bowl caliber and I hope that he can contain the backside of Griffin against the speed rushes of JPP, Tuck and Osi.

Ultimately, the play of the Redskins is going to come down to the ability to create turnovers, getting pressure on Manning, slowing down the running game, and eliminating the long ball. Executing on offense, sticking to the run, controlling the clock and reducing the amount of penalties that are called will ultimately create a winning gameplan.

I think that the Redskins have momentum, drive and determination to really show that the first game might have been a fluke. Look for the Redskins to come out to prove something.

Giants 24
Redskins 34
Andre Brown broke his fibula last night and is out indefinitely. He will definitely miss our game, so I'd take him off your Giants "weapons" list. Wink

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually hate primetime games as we usually flounder under the bright lights...but not anymore. RG3 played lights out in his first primetime game at a rivals home stadium. I think hes got confidence,which you have to have. Add the confidence to his skills and you have...
WAS 35 NYG 24 Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I love the optimism. 9-7 gets us in the playoffs with the tie breakers in our favor. Even Peter King thinks we'll make the playoffs. Wasn't he hating on the skins before the year started?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/26/Week-12/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2
Peter king has nitoriously hated on the skins for decades. That was nothing new. He never wanted Art Monk in the Hall of fame, because despite all of Monk's Winning superbowls and receiving titles, King always claimed he was just an average possession WR.

It does totally shock me that Peter King thinks we will make the playoffs. Shocked

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good game like the last, and unfortunately, with a similar result. Eli leads Giants to another victory by a score. 31-24.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: