Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vic's Mock Draft.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Vic's Mock Draft. Reply with quote

Alright guys, i don't do too many mocks so give me the benefit of the doubt.

Gone:
Driver
Woodson(could come back)
Saturday
Finely(overrated and a cancer)

Resigned:
Jennings
Benson
Crabtree
Walden
Shields
Jones

Thoughts:

I think Saturday and Driver are obvious. I can't wait to get rid of Finleys loud mouth. Woodson seems like he still wants to play but has been banged up a lot and probably won't play anymore corner for us. I want to bring back Benson because he got tough yards and is a veteran presence we need. If we can bring in a better RB through free agency i would be fine with that. Jennings is a no-brainer for me, our offense is on another level with him playing. I would love for us to bring in a couple offensive lineman and a TE during free agency.

Now to the draft!!!!

Round 1: Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri ,Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.

This is somewhat of a homer pick being a big Mizzou fan but would be great for the Packers. Our defense hasn't been the same since we lost Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins. Richardson is an absolute stud. He is the perfect 3-4 end, even with his size he can still run about a 4.6 40. He has been dominating SEC offensive lines all year. Richardson,Raji, and Worthy starting with Neal,Pickett, Wilson, and Daniels backing them up would make for a formidable D-line. Sadly Richardson is going to blow up at the combine so i will be praying he somehow falls to us.[/b]

Round 2:Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia ,Height: 6-0. Weight: 218.

Like i said, we haven't been the same without Nick Collins, Here we try to replace him. Rambo has first round talent but there are other things that make have him fall in the draft. He is a ball hawking safety and a play-maker. With Richardson and Rambo our defense would look complete on paper.

Round 3- Mario Benavides, C, Louisville ,Height: 6-4. Weight: 300.

We need a center badly but some value is too good to pass up in the earlier rounds so we grab Benavides. It is common these days for third rounders to be starters and especially offensive linemen. We could bring back Saturday until he is ready or sign another veteran center for a year or so until Benavides is ready. The hope would be for Sherrod to take over at LT, Bulaga to be healthy at RT, and Benavides at center would improve our line play.

Round 4-Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA ,Height: 6-7. Weight: 258.

In this mock we are getting rid of Finley so we pick up a big athletic TE to replace. Fauria has the size and athletic ability that our other TE's don't.

Round 5- Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech ,Height: 6-2. Weight: 195.

We will be losing Driver and we have done alright with smaller school receivers. Patton is very productive and athletic.

Round 6- LaAdrian Waddle, OT, Texas Tech ,Height: 6-6. Weight: 332.

Offensive line depth.

Round 7- Derrick Washington, RB, Tuskegee, Height: 6'1, Weight: 215.

This is another homer pick plus im getting lazy lol. Washington has character concerns which may affect him getting drafted but he is tearing it up at Tuskegee.

I got a little lazy after round 3. Some of my guys may go a little earlier than where i have them but the main point of my draft was the positions taken and which rounds. I think we need a DE,S,C combo in the first three rounds. Hopefully we make some moves and get two second round picks like last year. I am praying for Sheldon Richardson to fall though. Kind of want to make a draft taking Barret Jones first but i feel like our tackles have been the issue and a impact DE or S could help our team more. Let me know what you think about my draft.
Hurricane_Seasn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt Richardson have off-season soldier surgery? So another first round pick to an interior lineman with injuries before he puts on a professional uniform? Awesome.

^Props to Jamison.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible draft for one reason - the Packers #1 need is a featured RB and no its not Cedric Benson. Why would the Packers draft a safety that high - safety is not a concern but OL is. If you are going to get rid of Finley then you don't wait until round 4 to draft a TE, what were you thinking.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
Didnt Richardson have off-season soldier surgery? So another first round pick to an interior lineman with injuries before he puts on a professional uniform? Awesome.

Don't know if he did or not, but I've heard the dude is dumb as rocks. Not sure if that's someone our FO would take. Rambo as well, as he was suspended for one reason or another. Something that would definitely need to be looked at pre-draft.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Hurricane_Seasn wrote:

Don't know if he did or not, but I've heard the dude is dumb as rocks. Not sure if that's someone our FO would take. Rambo as well, as he was suspended for one reason or another. Something that would definitely need to be looked at pre-draft.

This. And if you're sick of Finley's mouth, probably would be sick of Richardson before he reported to camp. I would guess he would be one of those guys that doesn't even know where Green Bay is on a map.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, love Richardson. He has so much natural ability it will make your head spin and he also has a fantastic motor. No, he's not going to wow anyone with his intellect-- but he brings enough to the table for me to ignore that a little bit.

Not a huge fan of the rest of this draft though. I like Patton a lot, but he'll be drafted in round 2 or 3, maybe early 4 at the latest.... no way he is there in the 5th. Unless he does horrible at the combine.

Last edited by RiotPunch on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Hurricane_Seasn wrote:

This. And if you're sick of Finley's mouth, probably would be sick of Richardson before he reported to camp. I would guess he would be one of those guys that doesn't even know where Green Bay is on a map.

Yeah, Sheldon has a tendency to open his mouth and say things that he shouldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much disagree with your decisions on Finley and Woodson, but I'd love to add another great talent on the DL. Rambos questionable character scares me but I'll take him. Got a center. Love Patton. Fauria probably headed higher than that but love him. Fine with the rest.

B+. Keep Finley and Woodson and its an A.
PackMan22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
I very much disagree with your decisions on Finley and Woodson, but I'd love to add another great talent on the DL. Rambos questionable character scares me but I'll take him. Got a center. Love Patton. Fauria probably headed higher than that but love him. Fine with the rest.

Wait, if we're cutting Woodson, I'm out.
I was assuming he was retiring for the sake of this mock.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:

He doesn't have injury concerns at all.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Horrible draft for one reason - the Packers #1 need is a featured RB and no its not Cedric Benson. Why would the Packers draft a safety that high - safety is not a concern but OL is. If you are going to get rid of Finley then you don't wait until round 4 to draft a TE, what were you thinking.

Is there anyone worth taking in this draft that will be a featured back? This is one of the weakest runningback classes I have seen. Sheldon Richardson blows away any running back as far as value goes. could we not use a pass rushing 3-4 end? Would we really need a first or second tight end for our offense? With Rodgers as QB and how good our wr corps is I feel we could plug any big/athletic TE in our system and he can produce the same as finley who has been very underwhelming. That is what I was thinking.

How would we not need a safety if Woodson retires? Im not sure if he will.but in this case he does. Are you fine with M.D.Jennings starting next to Burnett? Once again do you remember how good our defense was when we had Nick Collins and Cullen Jenkins? Do you think its a coincidence that our defense is a lot worse without those two?
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Hurricane_Seasn wrote:

I did think about the character concerns when doing this draft but didn't want to change it. I could see us passing on Rambo because of it but I think we would still take Richardson. You have a point about Richardson being a big mouth as well but at least he doesn't call out his own teammates all the time like Finley. Richardson just talks about the opposing teams. He still backs it up on the field.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Wait, if we're cutting Woodson, I'm out.
I was assuming he was retiring for the sake of this mock.

I have woodson retiring but there is probably a good chance he comes back. Woodson is one of my favorite packers so i would love to have him back.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
I, for one, love Richardson. He has so much natural ability it will make your head spin and he also has a fantastic motor. No, he's not going to wow anyone with his intellect-- but he brings enough to the table for me to ignore that a little bit.

My problem is I see a similar skillset in Jerel Worthy. Both look like more RDE prospects than the Ryan Pickett version of the LDE. Does Dom want to go with more pass rushing from our ends? Make Worthy go play LDE, and then have Richardson play RDE. Just some food for thought.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Richardson the one that got kicked out of Missouri for not going to school?

#FREEBARRINGTON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: