Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reese permanent move to RB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reese permanent move to RB? Reply with quote

What do you guys think of this? Im all for it... he's looked good running the ball... a lot better than anyone else on the team. He's a play maker, he's versatile... why keep him at FB where we are still pretty limited in how we can use his talents?
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he ( by the way Reece not Reese ) looks good out there at RB, so why not...
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given his success so far, and his size and versatility playing FB, RB and WR... I think he's the perfect for the RB spot. Should be interesting to see how we use him next year, and how frequently.

What's interesting to note, is that Reece wasn't really being used until Goodson and McFadden went down. Wonder if he would have gotten a fair shot if those injuries didn't happen.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Given his success so far, and his size and versatility playing FB, RB and WR... I think he's the perfect for the RB spot. Should be interesting to see how we use him next year, and how frequently.

What's interesting to note, is that Reece wasn't really being used until Goodson and McFadden went down. Wonder if he would have gotten a fair shot if those injuries didn't happen.

Prob not. He wasn't used much at all the 1st 7 games
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it. He is too good as a FB and is just fillingin for now. Reggie will get his RB soon enough. What Reece has done is show that a patient back can do well in the ZBS. So it is not the scheme but DMC that can't get it done in this new scheme.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
I don't see it. He is too good as a FB and is just fillingin for now. Reggie will get his RB soon enough. What Reece has done is show that a patient back can do well in the ZBS. So it is not the scheme but DMC that can't get it done in this new scheme.

Yeah, even Stewart looks better than McFadden
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he is just a UDFA rookie from Stanford. Just think of what a solid college back with more stats would do.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
And he is just a UDFA rookie from Stanford. Just think of what a solid college back with more stats would do.

Why does it matter what his credentials are? The way i see it, Reese is the best player on this team. He has earned the right to compete for a job at starting RB... one of the few guys on this team that has heart and the skills to match. With how important RB's have become in the passing game reese's value is that much more prevalent. Not saying we shouldn't look for another RB in the draft, but we have so many holes already we aren't in any position to overlook a guy that has been a play maker for us just because he doesn't come with the glamour status of being a 1st round pick and college superstar. Reese has stepped up to the plate big time; the fact that guys like him and Pryor aren't getting chances to compete is frustrating. The way i see it, DMAC should have been benched before his injury anyways. We are a losing team, these guys aren't entitled to anything. The best players should play, regardless of their league wide image. Mcfadden was being out-performed by virtually every other RB on the team... Palmer hasn't done anything but generate turnovers... why are these guys still starting? It's like with Sanchez in NY... You are not entitled to start based on how you HAVE played or WERE drafted... notice the emphasis on past tense.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Why does it matter what his credentials are? The way i see it, Reese is the best player on this team. He has earned the right to compete for a job at starting RB... one of the few guys on this team that has heart and the skills to match. With how important RB's have become in the passing game reese's value is that much more prevalent. Not saying we shouldn't look for another RB in the draft, but we have so many holes already we aren't in any position to overlook a guy that has been a play maker for us just because he doesn't come with the glamour status of being a 1st round pick and college superstar. Reese has stepped up to the plate big time; the fact that guys like him and Pryor aren't getting chances to compete is frustrating. The way i see it, DMAC should have been benched before his injury anyways. We are a losing team, these guys aren't entitled to anything. The best players should play, regardless of their league wide image. Mcfadden was being out-performed by virtually every other RB on the team... Palmer hasn't done anything but generate turnovers... why are these guys still starting? It's like with Sanchez in NY... You are not entitled to start based on how you HAVE played or WERE drafted... notice the emphasis on past tense.

He reffered to Stewart...
And it's REECE man not Reese please...
Roninho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep him at FB, and use him as a #3 RB and #2 TE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
I'd keep him at FB, and use him as a #3 RB and #2 TE.

Pretty much. The last few weeks just showed he has to be involved a lot more no matter where that is.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Honestly I think we should keep him at FB and bring another RB in. Here's why, you'll have more weapons that way. I mean how many teams have to acount for a RB and a FB?
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Honestly I think we should keep him at FB and bring another RB in. Here's why, you'll have more weapons that way. I mean how many teams have to acount for a RB and a FB?

But we really and i mean really need Defensive players desperately and if that's a spot where we already have talent at (RB) we need to use our picks on Defense btw i'm sorry to say but it's time for DHB to move on also he will never be a consistent WR for us the kid has heart that's about it
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

But we really and i mean really need Defensive players desperately and if that's a spot where we already have talent at (RB) we need to use our picks on Defense btw i'm sorry to say but it's time for DHB to move on also he will never be a consistent WR for us the kid has heart that's about it

Meyers has solidified the TE position for us and if Reece can be the Running back those are two spots that we don't have to be looking into other than getting backups at those positions cause i don't see Dmac back with us next year and let's see what pryor can do maybe he is our guy and we don't even know it the season is officially over for us the kid (Pryor) needs to play no reason why Palmer should start another game.
BNich0622

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

He went to Washington, where he played WR.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: