Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I do it ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Should I do it ? Reply with quote

Those of you paying attention out there will know that the Jax Jags will be playing one of their 'home' games at Wembley Stadium London over the next few years. Next season the NFL have announced two games in London; (PIT @ MIN and SF @ JAX); even though the rest of the schedule doesn't get announced until next year.

I've been recently inundated with e-mails from the NFL offering deals to buy tickets in the JAX 'home' section, with incentives including announcing one of the Jags draft picks at the draft, locker room and training camp visits, meeting the coaches sessions etc etc.

I'm kinda looking forward to meeting Coach Bratkowski and telling him face to face how crap his play-calling is.

Before I accept their offer and become 'LondonJag', I wanted to ask the advice of all you guys out there.

Should I do it ?
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, do it, why not
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would take some stones. If it were me, i certainly wouldn't say anything like that, because Bob has forgotten more football than i'll ever know. However, his track record speaks for himself.

So go for it. You only live once.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I lived on that side of the pond, i'd try to make a game any chance I got. the rest is just gravy. And if you actually got to talk to Brat, you could explain your fandom and try to get some inside scoops on carson, Chad or whoever you wanted.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
That would take some stones. If it were me, i certainly wouldn't say anything like that, because Bob has forgotten more football than i'll ever know. However, his track record speaks for himself.

So go for it. You only live once.

Naaaa, just kiddin', Bengal fan for life.......

I was fortunate enough a long time ago to talk with coach Ted Marchibroda about football and strategy at a camp in London when the Bills were over here, and like you say 'J', these pro coaches have complete mastery of their sport and have forgotten more than you will ever know about the game.

Brat would be an interesting guy to share a beer with.....
mrpotamus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better questions to ask would be about working for Mike Brown. How much control does he really exert? Does he really try to teach coaches the Xs and Os, as was infamously portrayed in Hard Knocks? Is there any hope that Katie and Troy Blackburn will take over and run the organization in a sane manner?
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpotamus wrote:
The better questions to ask would be about working for Mike Brown. How much control does he really exert? Does he really try to teach coaches the Xs and Os, as was infamously portrayed in Hard Knocks? Is there any hope that Katie and Troy Blackburn will take over and run the organization in a sane manner?

My brothers friend got married at Paul Brown stadium in a sort of package they offer and he (my brother) actually got to talk with Katie Blackburn. He was pretty complementary about how sharp she was.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go but not insult Brat. As bad as his play calling might have been, I read that he worked his butt off. At least he put the time in and he had to deal with all the diva's we had back then.

No hard feels against Brat, just wouldn't want him to be on our coaching staff ever again... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I would go but not insult Brat. As bad as his play calling might have been, I read that he worked his butt off. At least he put the time in and he had to deal with all the diva's we had back then.

No hard feels against Brat, just wouldn't want him to be on our coaching staff ever again... Laughing

this...
and I hope our current OC is here for a long time...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

No hard feels against Brat, just wouldn't want him to be on our coaching staff ever again... :lol:

this...

I like Gruden too. Trouble is, when you get half good as an OC or DC in this league, other teams and owners notice.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gruden ends up coaching under his brother in Philly next year, and Zimmer winds up working for Jerry again in Dallas.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

this...

I like Gruden too. Trouble is, when you get half good as an OC or DC in this league, other teams and owners notice.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gruden ends up coaching under his brother in Philly next year, and Zimmer winds up working for Jerry again in Dallas.

you shush yo mouth..... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
fluhartz wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

No hard feels against Brat, just wouldn't want him to be on our coaching staff ever again... :lol:

this...

you shush yo mouth..... :lol:

Won't mention it again dude ....... promise.....
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic at hand, there is nothing wrong with having a second team, as long as you root for your primary team no matter what. Even if your primary team is 0-15 and your secondary team 15-0 and they are playing head to head, still have to root for your primary. My secondary team in the Packers, mainly because I played HS football with AJ Hawk for 1 year and with his brother Ryan for 3 years.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, there is nothing wrong with having a second team, as long as you root for your primary team no matter what. Even if your primary team is 0-15 and your secondary team 15-0 and they are playing head to head, still have to root for your primary. My secondary team in the Packers, mainly because I played HS football with AJ Hawk for 1 year and with his brother Ryan for 3 years.

Bad idea to follow the Bengals and Jags though. Not giving yourself any shot at happiness.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Bad idea to follow the Bengals and Jags though. Not giving yourself any shot at happiness.

I was pretty happy one time when The Bengals beat the Oilers 61-7 at Riverfront.

Any old-timers here go to that game ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: