Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypno toad wrote:
Viking fan here who has always been a fan of the Raiders. Here's my input:

I think the Raider's biggest concern is obviously DL, maybe even a CB. I do think what Te'o brings to the table is more than just filling a need. There's the obvious leadership factor that can completely change a defense, but I think the MLB is the anchor of the defense, the quarterback equivalent to the defense.

I think the difference between a great LB and great DL is huge. Suh and JPP are both gigantic factors as young Dlineman, but I think a the presence of a great LB is unrivalved

I would love to see Te'o in black. The name would look good in it, the tattoos would match all badass like, and he's hell of a player going to a team I like. I just can't see this kid busting as much as a lineman.

+1

Missed this in my initial evaluation. Gotta bump Teo up big time on my big board.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
hypno toad wrote:

I think the Raider's biggest concern is obviously DL, maybe even a CB. I do think what Te'o brings to the table is more than just filling a need. There's the obvious leadership factor that can completely change a defense, but I think the MLB is the anchor of the defense, the quarterback equivalent to the defense.

I think the difference between a great LB and great DL is huge. Suh and JPP are both gigantic factors as young Dlineman, but I think a the presence of a great LB is unrivalved

I would love to see Te'o in black. The name would look good in it, the tattoos would match all badass like, and he's hell of a player going to a team I like. I just can't see this kid busting as much as a lineman.

+1

Missed this in my initial evaluation. Gotta bump Teo up big time on my big board.

I think the name Lotulelei sounds way cooler. Wink

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Pozzi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
hypno toad wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my BIG board.

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Trade pick
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Ok we can look back at this, and we will acknowledge this at a later date, i make ALOT of sig bets and yet i don't have a sig.

Who is your guy outside of Star? I will sig bet against any individual players rookie season if you would like.

I'll sig bet you that Manti Te'o is not defensive rookie of the year next season.

My big board for our first pick right now consists of;

1a. Star Lotulelei
1b. Damontre Moore
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Jarvis Jones (Depending on medical check out)

If we trade back I'd like us to look at;
1a. Sheldon Richardson
1b. DeMarcus Milliner
1c. Johnthan Banks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Ok we can look back at this, and we will acknowledge this at a later date, i make ALOT of sig bets and yet i don't have a sig.

Who is your guy outside of Star? I will sig bet against any individual players rookie season if you would like.

I'll sig bet you that Manti Te'o is not defensive rookie of the year next season.

My big board for our first pick right now consists of;

1a. Star Lotulelei
1b. Damontre Moore
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Jarvis Jones (Depending on medical check out)

If we trade back I'd like us to look at;
1a. Sheldon Richardson
1b. DeMarcus Milliner
1c. Johnthan Banks
Laughing That's something we can agree on, i'm not high on Manti Te'o, i want no part of that bet. Wink
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like all of the players that I listed would be much better picks than Manti Te'o.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final thoughts on Te'o after watching 5 ND games this week. Looks like a solid but not spectacular MLB at the next level. Won't be elite and in that case not worth a high draft pick.

Ogletree is just as good. Maybe better. Without the hype. Surely more athletic.

Not sure who the 'elite' players are in this draft if any, but that's what the Raiders need.

Star, Te'o, Moore don't jump of the screen.

IMO Werner flashes more but comes in underrated.

Warmack IMO is the best player in this draft, but you don't draft G that high right? Warmack might be as close to 'elite' as I see in this class

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Final thoughts on Te'o after watching 5 ND games this week. Looks like a solid but not spectacular MLB at the next level. Won't be elite and in that case not worth a high draft pick.

Not sure who the 'elite' players are in this draft if any, but that's what the Raiders need.

Warmack IMO is the best player in this draft, but you don't draft G that high right? Warmack might be as close to 'elite' as I see in this class

Joekel is elite if we could trade down and get him that would be nice.. Star or moore have to be the pick.. any player we get we are still going to be picking around the same spot next year hopefully #1 could you imagine star and Clowney back to back picks for the silver and black ya that would be crazy nice
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade down, the 3 players I'm targeting are Werner, Milliner and Hankins. Maybe Matthews or Dion Jordan depending how things shake out. Although I'd prefer Milliner or Werner if we trade down.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
If we trade down, the 3 players I'm targeting are Werner, Milliner and Hankins. Maybe Matthews or Dion Jordan depending how things shake out. Although I'd prefer Milliner or Werner if we trade down.

This is where I'm at 100%

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I don't know if I like Werner yet, I wait until after the combine to judge pass rushers. I like Milliner, good prospect not elite, I would definitely take him in the 12-20 range.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Same here but Werner is a projected top 7-10 pick and CBSSports has him ranked above Moore. Can't see many top 10 teams moving up a few spots. I think we can get a mud first round pick and still draft Dion Jordan.

I love Werner though. Like a Chris Long clone.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I've been all about Warmack for about a month. He's the only guy who doesn't project definitive question marks, he will likely be an elite guard.

Trade back to the 5-10 hole and just grab Warmack. Yeah, you don't draft guard top 5. But 6-10 is perfectly reasonable if he is a spectacular G prospect they love. I hope they love him.
Pozzi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I've been all about Warmack for about a month. He's the only guy who doesn't project definitive question marks, he will likely be an elite guard.

Trade back to the 5-10 hole and just grab Warmack. Yeah, you don't draft guard top 5. But 6-10 is perfectly reasonable if he is a spectacular G prospect they love. I hope they love him.

Warmack is the safest player, but this defense needs a pass rusher very BADLY as we all know. This is my top priority.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: