Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
I'm a fan of Te'o, just not for us considering where our pick will be and other needs on this team. I do think we should consider him if Reggie trades back depending on who else is available, though.

This

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
He will be average without a quality pair of DT's to keep him clean and able to fly to the ball.

It woudl be a wasted pick in the high first round.

But more this. I'd rather take Star, Moore, Werner, Jordan or Hankins depending on where we pick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because taking a middle linebacker is going to improve our pass rush and our secondary.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the second round but I wouldn't touch him with a top ten pick. Inside linebackers can be found in later rounds, you need to address premium positions early.

I'm not saying Te'o doesn't have potential but I think he's a little overrated. Great leader, great person, great story, good football player.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is the leader the Raiders need on defense but its a long shot. Raiders could end up picking top 3. A team with holes all over the defense mainly on the D-line and question marks at the QB position probably shouldn't draft a MLB with a premium pick.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at what is out there a trade with St Louis might be our best bet. Wouldnt mind getting one of their first and their 2nd round pick. They will likely want to move up for Joeckel(best OT in draft). This probably only works if we pick top 5 or 6 and they have a better record.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is exactly the kind of player Reggie says he wants on the team, so I could definitely see him in S&B after the Draft. Reggie needs to trade back to the 10-15 pick range in the 1st, get as many picks as he can get, and then take Te'o with the first pick. Our LB core will be set for the next 10 years, and we can use the extra picks to start rebuilding the team. Te'o is the kind of player we need for a rebuilding team, and may even make our LB core the best in the AFC West by the end of next season.
Do it, Reggie.....

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
question marks at the QB position.

Do you really think a rookie quarterback would do better with what we have avaliable? I mean we literally have two fullbacks getting all of the carries, a terrible offensive line, and the worst offensive coordinator in football.

Carson Palmer is fine, it's the talent around him, or lack there of, that we need to address.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson may not be a hall of famer but I agree.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't play the ideal position, but I do think he is as safe of a pick as we can make (which I admit is an overrated term and could honestly be a curse to be anointed "safest pick") and we need a smart, passionate player to lead our defense due to our poor coaching staff. He has the high character of Tebow with the ability of...I don't know, I'd say Lauranaitis. Is that worth a top five pick? Maybe, maybe not. We could do a lot worse than that though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
He doesn't play the ideal position, but I do think he is as safe of a pick as we can make (which I admit is an overrated term and could honestly be a curse to be anointed "safest pick") and we need a smart, passionate player to lead our defense due to our poor coaching staff. He has the high character of Tebow with the ability of...I don't know, I'd say Lauranaitis. Is that worth a top five pick? Maybe, maybe not. We could do a lot worse than that though.

Great a 'safe' pick just like Gallery and McClain were supposed to be.
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:
MLB and leaders are over-rated tbh. Give me play-makers instead.

Amen to that. This team needs playmakers on defense. LB's in a 4-3 defense are ten a penny.

yea and he isnt rey Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Amen to that. This team needs playmakers on defense. LB's in a 4-3 defense are ten a penny.

yea and he isnt rey Cool

MLBs like him aren't worth picking even in the second round, brah Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many linebacker prospects that were picked in the top ten and lacked elite measurable's, particularly sideline to sideline speed, have actually panned out and become pro bowl type linebackers?

I understand we need leadership on the defense but leadership isn't going to improve our god awful secondary or pass rush.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

yea and he isnt rey Cool

MLBs like him aren't worth picking even in the second round, brah Laughing

rey played better than anyone we had on defense yesterday, brah Very Happy

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knapp is horrible at his job but to say the offense doesn't have talent is B.S.... Knapp is trying to make a triangle fit through the shape of a circle. Its not working. ZBS, WCO, whatever... its a mess and Knapp as taken this offense 2 steps back. I don't blame Palmer for this.. I blame Knapp... BUT... If there is a QB who could potentially lead this team for the next 10 years you have to take him. I'm not saying Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson are franchise QBs but a lot of people didn't think Matt Ryan wasn't either. Where would the Falcons be without him? I remember tons of Falcons fans wanted Dorsey. The knock on Ryan was, he wasn't physically gifted enough. I know no one ever wants to draft a QB but we have to be real about it, Palmer isn't the problem but he isn't the solution either.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Great a 'safe' pick just like Gallery and McClain were supposed to be.

Right. You could throw in Aaron Curry too. But that's why I said it is overrated. No draft pick is a sure thing. They're more like 50/50, with the "safer" picks being 60/40.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: