Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Manti Te'o Reply with quote

Watched the ND vs. USC game last night and wow, i am totally in awe of how good this guy is. I was suspect of taking another MLB in the first round, but wow, almost tempted to say this guy is a can't miss prospect. He's got the intensity, the leadership ability, he's an impact player and puts the team on his back... there's a reason he's the first defensive player to be nominated for a heisman since Woodson... IMO on defense it starts with LB's... for as bad as we are defensively i gotta say, having Burris and Te'o in the middle seems like as good a way as any to start rebuilding. IMO pass rushers are much easier to find than an elite MLB... there's a reason that the list of elite pass rushers is much longer than the list of elite MLB's...

What do you guys think of him? Worth a 1st rounder? How high will he go?
Oaktown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good player but oak needs to build upfront. If you have a good DL players behind play better. Oak has 13 sacks on the year. Not much pressure on the qb. I don't see teo is a big enough game changer.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was crap for most of the SC game tbh, Redd/McNeil abused him in the first half and he really didn't get it going until late in the 3rd. He's a good prospect but i woulden't touch him in the Top 5(probably where we're going to be picking). I want fast edge rushers, its annoying watching guys pick us apart because they have all the time in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Te'o, just not for us considering where our pick will be and other needs on this team. I do think we should consider him if Reggie trades back depending on who else is available, though.

mission27 wrote:
the guy clarified no mayo and you are so heated about this that you considered it urgent, love it

#JDI
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely top 10 pick

I hope we run a 3-4 next year

Maybe McClain flourishes in his college scheme, and Te'o with the green star sticker and leadership

This team has no leadership!
Luckily we have a chance to pick
#4 if we keep losing Very Happy
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be average without a quality pair of DT's to keep him clean and able to fly to the ball.

It woudl be a wasted pick in the high first round.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Totty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leadership is what I love about him. Manti would be an instant upgrade over Rolando. I really feel like this team, especially on defense, needs a pulse. Someone to hold other accountable. A heart that doesn't quit and give up. That is T'eo in a nutshell.

My gut tells me, that if we are sitting at 3 or 4, trade back to 8 or 9 to pick him up. Use the extra pick to go OL or DL.

Guys, our d has flatlined. We need a heart. And I personally have a all in vote for Manti T'eo.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can trade back I would do it, but if we are in line to pick up Jarvis Jones I would pull the trigger dude has a good chance to be the next silver and black hall of famer
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
The leadership is what I love about him. Manti would be an instant upgrade over Rolando. I really feel like this team, especially on defense, needs a pulse. Someone to hold other accountable. A heart that doesn't quit and give up. That is T'eo in a nutshell.

My gut tells me, that if we are sitting at 3 or 4, trade back to 8 or 9 to pick him up. Use the extra pick to go OL or DL.

Guys, our d has flatlined. We need a heart. And I personally have a all in vote for Manti T'eo.

Couldn't agree more. MLB is the QB of the defense. Look at the best MLB's to ever have played... what made them great wasn't their stats, their 40 time, etc... it's the intangibles. IMO the most important quality of a MLB is leadership, its an intangible. Guys like lewis and Willis, they are great players without question... but what seperates them from every other LB in the league is their ability to fire up the team... they make everyone else on the team play better. IMO getting a player like that is like getting a player like Peyton Manning on offense. How much did you hear about demaryius thomas and eric Decker last year? Manning makes everyone on the offense that much better... that's what i feel a player like Te'o would do for our defense.

Understand that a front 7 is important... but you can use that rationalization with any position... why draft a great safety/corner when QB's will have all day to throw... he's gonna get picked apart. Why draft a NT when the LB's behind him are liabilities? why draft a pass rusher when he's the only one on the team and gonna be facing double teams all day? Agreed, it's much easier for players to succeed when they've got a supporting cast... that's why football is a team sport. But that doesn't chance the fact that we need to start somewhere because lets face it, the supporting cast just isn't there. IMO, just the same as you build your offense around your franchise QB; you build your defense around a stud MLB.

Also, imo Te'o is one of the BPA... their isn't an elite pass rusher or NT in this draft at least to the same caliber of Te'o. As well, there are a lot more pass rushers later in the draft... If you rank Jarvis Jones as the best Pass rusher, imo there isn't a substantial difference between him and the rest of the 1st/2nd round pass rushers.... When you look at MLB, Te'o is significantly better than any other MLB in this draft. if there was a guy like Von Miller in this draft that is miles ahead of everyone else at that position than i say sure. I don't see a OLB/DE or NT that falls into that category of being way better than the competition... IMO Te'o does fall into that category. There will be lots of good DE/OLBs later in round 1 and 2, not so sure there will be at MLB. I consider Te'o an elite prospect, i consider guys like Jones, dion Jordan, Carradine, etc... to be good prospects.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones seems like an extremely good prospect, but his injury potential scares me. I can see why people love T'eo and the energy he brings, he would bring a lot of leadership that this team desperately will need next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Jarvis Jones seems like an extremely good prospect, but his injury potential scares me. I can see why people love T'eo and the energy he brings, he would bring a lot of leadership that this team desperately will need next season.

That is exactly my point. And as attack in sb wrote, your MLB is your QB on D. He is the kind of guy you can build your d around. His character is flawless. We wont be worrying about him blowing pop shots next to some guys head. He writes poetry for goodness sakes! The guy is everything we need in leader for the next ten years. Did anyone see the way he sought out Barkley before the gamr the game the other night? Or when the LT got hurt, he ran on the field to help walk him off? Thats the player we need. Someone who will knock the RBs block off, help him up, and knock it off again on the next play.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB and leaders are over-rated tbh. Give me play-makers instead.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Amen to that. This team needs playmakers on defense. LB's in a 4-3 defense are ten a penny.
#clueless
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Amen to that. This team needs playmakers on defense. LB's in a 4-3 defense are ten a penny.

Same here. Dline is where we have to start.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Totty wrote:

Couldn't agree more. MLB is the QB of the defense. Look at the best MLB's to ever have played... what made them great wasn't their stats, their 40 time, etc... it's the intangibles. IMO the most important quality of a MLB is leadership, its an intangible. Guys like lewis and Willis, they are great players without question... but what seperates them from every other LB in the league is their ability to fire up the team... they make everyone else on the team play better. IMO getting a player like that is like getting a player like Peyton Manning on offense. How much did you hear about demaryius thomas and eric Decker last year? Manning makes everyone on the offense that much better... that's what i feel a player like Te'o would do for our defense.

Understand that a front 7 is important... but you can use that rationalization with any position... why draft a great safety/corner when QB's will have all day to throw... he's gonna get picked apart. Why draft a NT when the LB's behind him are liabilities? why draft a pass rusher when he's the only one on the team and gonna be facing double teams all day? Agreed, it's much easier for players to succeed when they've got a supporting cast... that's why football is a team sport. But that doesn't chance the fact that we need to start somewhere because lets face it, the supporting cast just isn't there. IMO, just the same as you build your offense around your franchise QB; you build your defense around a stud MLB.

Also, imo Te'o is one of the BPA... their isn't an elite pass rusher or NT in this draft at least to the same caliber of Te'o. As well, there are a lot more pass rushers later in the draft... If you rank Jarvis Jones as the best Pass rusher, imo there isn't a substantial difference between him and the rest of the 1st/2nd round pass rushers.... When you look at MLB, Te'o is significantly better than any other MLB in this draft. if there was a guy like Von Miller in this draft that is miles ahead of everyone else at that position than i say sure. I don't see a OLB/DE or NT that falls into that category of being way better than the competition... IMO Te'o does fall into that category. There will be lots of good DE/OLBs later in round 1 and 2, not so sure there will be at MLB. I consider Te'o an elite prospect, i consider guys like Jones, dion Jordan, Carradine, etc... to be good prospects.

The more I see this guy play the more I am warming up to the idea. He would easily be the best pass defender in our LB core which is sorely needed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: