Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT-Minnesota Vikings (6-5)@Green Bay Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
I don't see this injured of a team blowing anyone out right now. Let's just say this right now so there are no surprises, Jared Allen is going to have a huge game and unless Aaron is perfect we probably are going to struggle Offensively.

I see us winning this one similar to how we did against the Lions. Ironic thing about AD is that while he is without question their best player and needs to be the focal point of our game plan we've done very well against him in the past.

Packers 20
Vikings 17

I could see this happening. For whatever reason the Vikings at least once per season play the Packers somewhat close. As was previously mentioned the second game is usually a blowout.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Geez Bob, the guy was being self depricating and trying to be nice and you still aren't satisfied?

How about if we just say "the Packers are far and away the best team that has ever taken the field and the Vikings have no business even being in the same stadium as they are..."

Happy? Rolling Eyes

Nothing like taking it to a complete opposite extreme. A LOT of people (myself included) are skeptical of the Vikings' success thus far. How many of their wins aside from San Francisco would you say were quality wins? Maybe Detroit and then there is the whole divisional rival game so it really is a toss up whose going to win those at times.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

Nothing like taking it to a complete opposite extreme. A LOT of people (myself included) are skeptical of the Vikings' success thus far. How many of their wins aside from San Francisco would you say were quality wins? Maybe Detroit and then there is the whole divisional rival game so it really is a toss up whose going to win those at times.

I think most of us in the Vikes forum are in agreement on the overachieving. We've equaled the win total many of us thought we'd reach with a full 16 game season. Some weeks we look like we've turned a corner and our coaches know what they're doing and other times there is the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field.
tabbaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys if the Vikings win this game they will be ahead of us in the standings
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will say a lot about this group and how they can respond after New York. It'll be pretty interesting going forward. We need to get healthy and pick this win up. A loss here and things get scary going forward. We've passed the saturation point with injuries and it'll take a ballsy performance by this group to go on a tear down the stretch.
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams usually play well coming off a big loss. unfortunately they both are so thats pretty even. both teams are beat up, but the packers have more depth. The vikings pass defense has been terrible since Chris cook left with an injury. that does not equal a recipie for success. Oh and the vikings two leading recievers are probably out too. anyways, somehow, the vikings play 1 good game against the packers every year, then get destroyed in the other one. oh well... Packers 26-Vikings-20
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have the latest news on whether Clay or Shields is suiting up? How about if Sherrod or Benson are coming back at all this year?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
Anybody have the latest news on whether Clay or Shields is suiting up? How about if Sherrod or Benson are coming back at all this year?
I will say no to Clay and Shields this week. 50% on Benson coming back this year and 20% on Sherrod coming back this year. That is all off of hear say and how I understand it.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:
I will say no to Clay and Shields this week. 50% on Benson coming back this year and 20% on Sherrod coming back this year. That is all off of hear say and how I understand it.

I think there's a 34% chance that you're 16% correct.

But I'm only 74% sure...
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:

From my understanding, Clay and Jennings are playing. I doubt Shields is. Benson should be back this season, but any set backs could eliminate that chance. Sherrod I doubt but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:

But I'm only 74% sure...

Sig worthy.

If we don't beat the Vikings twice we don't deserve to even make the post season.

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man wrote:
i forewent football this thursday in lieu of Grey's Anatomy and a bottle of wine
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Teams usually play well coming off a big loss. unfortunately they both are so thats pretty even. both teams are beat up, but the packers have more depth. The vikings pass defense has been terrible since Chris cook left with an injury. that does not equal a recipie for success. Oh and the vikings two leading recievers are probably out too. anyways, somehow, the vikings play 1 good game against the packers every year, then get destroyed in the other one. oh well... Packers 26-Vikings-20

Harvin will play, I cant see him being kept out of this game given what is at stake. No way he misses this game. Rudolph on the other hand, I havent a clue.

As for the pass defense, it hasnt been terrible since Cook went down, not sure where you are getting that. The Vikings really dont give up much down the field, the Safetys have been quite good at keeping things in front of them. The problem is in that 5-8 yard area, the LBs and CBs give up a lot in short coverage spots. Since Cook went out, Russell Wilson (W9) threw for 173 yards, Stafford threw for 329 yards (W10) and Cutler threw for 188 yards. Yards arent everything, but when you say the pass defense has been terrible I would expect to see at least more than one 200 yard passer the past three games. In that time, the Vikes have given up 7 TD passes, which isnt very good but probably very comparable to other teams across the league. The biggest issue with the Vikings pass defense has been on third down, where they have struggled to get off the field. The Vikings LBs cant cover anything.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:

I'm pretty sure McCarthy said that Shields had a setback so I doubt he's playing.
.flash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:

But I'm only 74% sure...

Sig worthy.

If we don't beat the Vikings twice we don't deserve to even make the post season.
Agreed. I think it's going to be a slugfest. This team can no longer just dominate a team to get the W, we're down too many men. We're still the better team and we better damn well come out fired up. A loss here would sting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Geez Bob, the guy was being self depricating and trying to be nice and you still aren't satisfied?

How about if we just say "the Packers are far and away the best team that has ever taken the field and the Vikings have no business even being in the same stadium as they are..."

Happy? Rolling Eyes

Yes. =]

Just remember these simple guidelines: any criticism of our team must only be 100% positive. Very Happy

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 5 of 45

Jump to: