Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT-Minnesota Vikings (6-5)@Green Bay Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDN40

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how many "look in the mirror," "gut check," " disappointing performance" cards one team is allowed to play in a 16 game schedule. The injuries certainly have gotten the best of us and one has to wonder if there is even time to get healthy enough for a post season run.

I gotta say it. Unless we can miraculously find another piece for the o-line, its pretty hard to forecast a definite win in a whole lot of the remaining games, much less against teams we will face in the playoffs. The line injuries take away the bread and butter of this team. Even with the return of Jennings, Woodson, Benson, Sheilds, I think the o-line injuries will be too much to overcome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
MaryTsraining3s wrote:
Anybody have the latest news on whether Clay or Shields is suiting up? How about if Sherrod or Benson are coming back at all this year?

I'm pretty sure McCarthy said that Shields had a setback so I doubt he's playing.

Getting tired of these setbacks each week. We need these guys healthy and back on the field down the stretch.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Geez Bob, the guy was being self depricating and trying to be nice and you still aren't satisfied?

How about if we just say "the Packers are far and away the best team that has ever taken the field and the Vikings have no business even being in the same stadium as they are..."

Happy? Rolling Eyes

Nothing like taking it to a complete opposite extreme. A LOT of people (myself included) are skeptical of the Vikings' success thus far. How many of their wins aside from San Francisco would you say were quality wins? Maybe Detroit and then there is the whole divisional rival game so it really is a toss up whose going to win those at times.

I have not argument with you on the Vikings whatsoever. This is a rebuilding year for us, and I think that if anything, we have overachieved so far. While I do believe the Vikings could with this game, I have said in more than one post that the Packers should definitely be favored. The thing that gives us a chance is the number of injuries you guys currently have.

The thing that bothered me with Bob's response was that our guy came in here and made a friendly, classy post and all Bob could do was find one word in the post and turn it into an insult. Just because he thinks the Packers can do no wrong, that doesn't mean everyone else does think that way or that they should think that way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also going to say, even if Rudolph plays, it may not make a difference. We can try to feed him the ball, but if a team can put a safety on him, its normally a 50/50 shot of him actually getting open.

I fully expect GB to collapse the middle of Minnesota's Oline. Brandon Fusco and Charlie Johnson should only be backups in this league, and they've been killing us this year.

and add in Christian Ponder's struggles throwing down the field (Whether its a lack of confidence in himself or his WRs), this should give Greenbay a good chance to sit back and look for a few INTs.

I like Christian Ponder. There are quite a few things he does well, but he's still a young QB who I don't think fully trusts his WRs or coach, and vice versa. Bill Musgrave is an idiot. He'll find a way to get Ponder killed, and get the ball out of Adrian's hands.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

The thing that bothered me with Bob's response was that our guy came in here and made a friendly, classy post and all Bob could do was find one word in the post and turn it into an insult. Just because he thinks the Packers can do no wrong, that doesn't mean everyone else does think that way or that they should think that way.

hahah whaaaat?

How did you get ANY of that from him asking "5-1 over the last 6 games is a slump?"

WOW. Laughing
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Teams usually play well coming off a big loss. unfortunately they both are so thats pretty even. both teams are beat up, but the packers have more depth. The vikings pass defense has been terrible since Chris cook left with an injury. that does not equal a recipie for success. Oh and the vikings two leading recievers are probably out too. anyways, somehow, the vikings play 1 good game against the packers every year, then get destroyed in the other one. oh well... Packers 26-Vikings-20

Harvin will play, I cant see him being kept out of this game given what is at stake. No way he misses this game. Rudolph on the other hand, I havent a clue.

As for the pass defense, it hasnt been terrible since Cook went down, not sure where you are getting that. The Vikings really dont give up much down the field, the Safetys have been quite good at keeping things in front of them. The problem is in that 5-8 yard area, the LBs and CBs give up a lot in short coverage spots. Since Cook went out, Russell Wilson (W9) threw for 173 yards, Stafford threw for 329 yards (W10) and Cutler threw for 188 yards. Yards arent everything, but when you say the pass defense has been terrible I would expect to see at least more than one 200 yard passer the past three games. In that time, the Vikes have given up 7 TD passes, which isnt very good but probably very comparable to other teams across the league. The biggest issue with the Vikings pass defense has been on third down, where they have struggled to get off the field. The Vikings LBs cant cover anything.

It doesnt pass the eye test. Yards are pretty irrelevent when you can go on a 15 play 80 yard drive and only miss 1 pass. they definately dont need to throw deep or for alot of yards. the vikings also run an offense that focuses on running and chews the clock, so other teams have less plays to rack up that yardage. Im not going to look it up because im lazy, but I would be curious to see the completion percentage that the vikings pass defense has allowed. I would guess its not so great.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Teams usually play well coming off a big loss. unfortunately they both are so thats pretty even. both teams are beat up, but the packers have more depth. The vikings pass defense has been terrible since Chris cook left with an injury. that does not equal a recipie for success. Oh and the vikings two leading recievers are probably out too. anyways, somehow, the vikings play 1 good game against the packers every year, then get destroyed in the other one. oh well... Packers 26-Vikings-20

Harvin will play, I cant see him being kept out of this game given what is at stake. No way he misses this game. Rudolph on the other hand, I havent a clue.

As for the pass defense, it hasnt been terrible since Cook went down, not sure where you are getting that. The Vikings really dont give up much down the field, the Safetys have been quite good at keeping things in front of them. The problem is in that 5-8 yard area, the LBs and CBs give up a lot in short coverage spots. Since Cook went out, Russell Wilson (W9) threw for 173 yards, Stafford threw for 329 yards (W10) and Cutler threw for 188 yards. Yards arent everything, but when you say the pass defense has been terrible I would expect to see at least more than one 200 yard passer the past three games. In that time, the Vikes have given up 7 TD passes, which isnt very good but probably very comparable to other teams across the league. The biggest issue with the Vikings pass defense has been on third down, where they have struggled to get off the field. The Vikings LBs cant cover anything.

It doesnt pass the eye test. Yards are pretty irrelevent when you can go on a 15 play 80 yard drive and only miss 1 pass. they definately dont need to throw deep or for alot of yards. the vikings also run an offense that focuses on running and chews the clock, so other teams have less plays to rack up that yardage. Im not going to look it up because im lazy, but I would be curious to see the completion percentage that the vikings pass defense has allowed. I would guess its not so great.

Vikings 64.4%

Packers 55.6%
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I was also going to say, even if Rudolph plays, it may not make a difference. We can try to feed him the ball, but if a team can put a safety on him, its normally a 50/50 shot of him actually getting open.

I fully expect GB to collapse the middle of Minnesota's Oline. Brandon Fusco and Charlie Johnson should only be backups in this league, and they've been killing us this year.

and add in Christian Ponder's struggles throwing down the field (Whether its a lack of confidence in himself or his WRs), this should give Greenbay a good chance to sit back and look for a few INTs.

I like Christian Ponder. There are quite a few things he does well, but he's still a young QB who I don't think fully trusts his WRs or coach, and vice versa. Bill Musgrave is an idiot. He'll find a way to get Ponder killed, and get the ball out of Adrian's hands.
That is until he meets our safetys. The shot becomes 80/20 that he's going to catch it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as score goes, or who wins, I'm done trying to predict this team. They are so up and down its impoissible for me to figure out.

Offensively the plan is pretty simple: protect Rodgers at all costs. I don't care how many guys you have to keep in to block just get it done damnit. If he gets to actually step into a throw or two and have time enough for a progression or two we should be able to put up some solid numbers.

If our OL has no improvement then we will struggle. Its getting to be a bit of a joke how often and how easily teams are getting to Aaron. Last week guys were in Aarons face wiithin one or two seconds, that's inexcusable. At least get a damn hand on the guy and give Aaron some semblance of a chance, instead of hiking the ball and immediately get sacked.

That being said Aaron has to force Finley the ball sometimes. Cobb is great but he's not ready to be the focal point of the offense, get JMike involved a bit so they squeeze the middle and open James n Jordy up.

Defensively its again very simple: stop the run. Dom better be getting that mindset ground into the D this week, stop AP from going insane. No more two down lineman sets with 30 feet of spacing between them. Let's get Raji, Pick, and another 300LBer in there and stuff a safety in the box.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
It is kind of strange how 2010 our season has gone. However, we had a great LT in Clifton and Bulaga was playing out of his mind at RT. I'm not a great football mind, so I have no clue how to hide an OL or mask their problems. Run the ball? They seem unwilling. Short routes? How can you hit quick hitches when Rodgers is getting sacked within 1/2 seconds of dropping back? And we might scoot into the playoffs with this schedule remaining, but who cares?

Do you honestly think this line would hold up against SF? How about a rematch with NYG? I'm not even sure against a team like Atlanta right now. If our oline plays like they did Sunday night, we won't beat ANY playoff team that gets in the dance.

I think we all should hope the guys get better over the next few weeks. Don't they say the longer linemen play together as a unit the better they get? Last Sunday was only the second game this group played together and they had the unenviable task of taking on one of the better D lines in the league. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

I think we all should hope the guys get better over the next few weeks. Don't they say the longer linemen play together as a unit the better they get? Last Sunday was only the second game this group played together and they had the unenviable task of taking on one of the better D lines in the league. Confused
That is probably part of it. Very limited time where Saturday played next to EDS, Lang played by Sitton, Newhouse by EDS and so on, there is no continuity. Look at the beginning of the year, it took us a couple weeks to get this thing figured out. We might get this line figured out, but there is also a quite a bit less talent in there now with Bulaga out.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

We can hide an OL. But with the current line-up we have 4 that could use hiding. That is not a good thing.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Lang isn't that bad at RT as we saw last Sunday and won't be facing the best front 4 in the NFL every week. Hopefully Sherrod can come back. Aaron also isn't going to play that crappy every week.

We are 7-4 (8-3) with a winnable remaining schedule, about to get a lot of key players back, and not playing our best football yet.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

Unfortunately Sherrod is done for this season. Sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 6 of 45

Jump to: