Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT-Minnesota Vikings (6-5)@Green Bay Packers (7-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there will be pessimistic posters from both teams on this thread this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikings have a chance in this game, but the Packers should certainly be favored.

The thing that I liked from a Vikings fan's perspective about last night's game was the lack of run defense by Green Bay. Adrian Peterson is a lot better than Ahmad Bradshaw, so that should be a point in our favor.

At the same time, Eli played a GREAT game last night, and that is something we sure can't expect out of Ponder with the receivers we have on our team. I think that's the big difference. We can possibly put some pressure on Rodgers, and AD is will more than likely get his. The problem is that Rodgers probably won't have another rotten game like he did last night, so we probably won't be able to put up enough points to keep up.

In the end,

Packers 28
Vikings 17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thing for this game is - We need to get the ball out quick and we need to get it into JerMichael Finley's hands. Hate it or love it, the guy has been going hard and putting forth 110%. We can't afford to act like 5th graders and not give him the ball because we don't like him. I want to see at least 8-10 targets or until he proves he can not get the job done.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
If we hold Peterson in check, we win going away.

Easier said then done. Adrian has been running like a man possessed this year.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
justo wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Hang Crosby.
Probably shouldn't say things like that after the whole college forum was warned about death threats to Lame Kitten last night....

Did somebody make you mini-mod tonight?
Yeah. Title Town USA has been warned for questioning my authority

I do that right?

But for real though...death threats?

Both of you knock it off. justo the mini-modding isn't helpful. If there is an issue with a post, contact a moderator. Title Town USA, please ignore him rather than make a smart comment.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
. I want to see at least 8-10 targets or until he proves he can not get the job done.

but he has proven he cant get the job done... that's why he doesnt get 8-10 target anymore

i'm sure hes working hard, but nobody ever really question his work ethic... its his product on the field, or lack of.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
. I want to see at least 8-10 targets or until he proves he can not get the job done.

but he has proven he cant get the job done... that's why he doesnt get 8-10 target anymore

i'm sure hes working hard, but nobody ever really question his work ethic... its his product on the field, or lack of.

Last two games he's looked pretty good, especially after the catch with broken tackles. He's trucked someone in back to back weeks. Hopefully this game made MM realize the 5 wide spread isn't gonna work if you can't protect your QB. Time to put Kuhn in the backfield and find Cobb and Finley and let them get YAC. Then put Fin and Kuhn in the backfield and take your shots with Nelson and Jennings with those two in to max protect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

When you're down in a slump, you always have your friendly Vikings neighbors to beat up on. Wink

5-1 over the last 6 games is a slump?

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

When you're down in a slump, you always have your friendly Vikings neighbors to beat up on. Wink

When that one loss was the most recent game and that one loss was in the fashion that it was, yes that could qualify as a slump.

Kempes on the custom sig!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
driftwood wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Last two games he's looked pretty good, especially after the catch with broken tackles. He's trucked someone in back to back weeks. Hopefully this game made MM realize the 5 wide spread isn't gonna work if you can't protect your QB. Time to put Kuhn in the backfield and find Cobb and Finley and let them get YAC. Then put Fin and Kuhn in the backfield and take your shots with Nelson and Jennings with those two in to max protect.
Yeah if this is 3 weeks ago, I say stay away from Finley. But right now he has proven to me he is warming up. Feed the beast. If we get him rolling this team is will not be stopped. Work the quick passes to Finley and let him put the truck stick forward.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

When that one loss was the most recent game and that one loss was in the fashion that it was, yes that could qualify as a slump.

Not to mention our offense isn't doing what it normally does since EDS has been inserted in the starting lineup. 17 points vs DET, 10 vs Giants. We better hope we get our act together for the 2nd Bears game. Only game IMO that I'm worried about of our remaining schedule.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably going to be a lot closer than we think. I'm looking at something like 27-17 GB.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
justo wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Hang Crosby.
Probably shouldn't say things like that after the whole college forum was warned about death threats to Lame Kitten last night....

Did somebody make you mini-mod tonight?
Yeah. Title Town USA has been warned for questioning my authority

I do that right?

But for real though...death threats?

Both of you knock it off. justo the mini-modding isn't helpful. If there is an issue with a post, contact a moderator. Title Town USA, please ignore him rather than make a smart comment.
So death threats are cool on FF? Cool bro. Sit down.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to a friendly week of a chatter with you all. Its been kind of a rough week for both us, so we can relate. The Packers will probably get the better of MN this game being that the game is in GB, that is a big advantage for the Packers. MN has really struggled on the road this year.

Adrian Peterson has been ridiculous the past 5 games, so GB better be prepared to defend him often. I wouldnt expect you guys to play much of that 2-4 front, Peterson will chew that up. Peterson has been gashing some really good run defenses and he is probably the Vikings only saving grace.

As others have said, dont be concerned with the Vikings "pass rush". It really doesnt exist this year. Jared Allen has been in hibernation for a good 5 weeks now, the only thing of note that he has accomplished in that span is that sack he had on Donald Penn, where the preceding play he had an altercation with Penn. Pass rush isnt the same as last year, though Brian Robison and Everson Griffen are still capable of pressuring the QB. They dont often get there but will do enough to make Rodgers move around to buy time.

I expect a close game. Both teams have issues to overcome and are fairly equal at the moment, i dont see this as being a one sided affair.
crfalker05

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
driftwood wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Yeah if this is 3 weeks ago, I say stay away from Finley. But right now he has proven to me he is warming up. Feed the beast. If we get him rolling this team is will not be stopped. Work the quick passes to Finley and let him put the truck stick forward.

J-Mike to Aaron and MM:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: