Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The debut of LaMichael James and AJ Jenkins?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
So, despite injuries to players at the RB and WR position, both James and Jenkins did not get 1 snap combined between the two of them...

If they can't even see time with injuries, it'll probably be a while before they do something meaningful. If ever.

Honestly, it's pretty sad if they can't earn themselves some PT under those conditions.

Gore was looking dead on his feet by the end of this game. We have got to get him some rest or he won't be around for the playoffs. Either like Jacobs well enough to give him the carries Hunter would have had, or put James in there and let him give it a go.

I hate out 3TE sets. That's just a waste. And I hate that I've read more than once that James can't make the active squad because his blocking isn't good enough. Screw it. Put WRs in the game instad of 3 TEs. And put in James and spread him out. If he can't block then don't ask him to, but he offers too much to the offense just to sit around watching the game every week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has harbaugh said if was cause of pass protection or is that speculation? I've never read that.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straighthate wrote:
Has harbaugh said if was cause of pass protection or is that speculation? I've never read that.

I heard one of the local sports talk show guys say that on the radio this morning when he was announcing who was inactive. He might have been speculating too, but it sounded like he "knew" that was the reason.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "depth" argument is starting to lose its weight. We're late in the season with injuries and neither of these guys can even sniff the field. It's bordering on pathetic now. Not sure what James is tweeting about but if its about the lack of PT he needs to shut up and do something about it. Not tweet, sulk moan and cry.

xsaMainevent on the sig
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, we need speed in the backfield. Gore is good but Jacobs and Dixon are not effective RB's. Dixon is a solid STer/2-3 carry a game kind of guy. Jacobs was really ineffective and can't run outside the tackles. We need someone who can actually challenge the defenses on the edges. James is the only back on our team with that skillset.

Without Hunter, the Rams could basically gameplan for us up the middle and we couldn't adjust to it. And i hope James could outperform 5 carries/7 yards this year (Jacobs statline).

As for Jenkins...well, Ginn is a bad WR and needs to be saved for ST plays anyway. Manningham and Williams are injured (don't know how long Manningham is out for though). Which means we have Crabs and Moss. Our 1st round pick should be good enough for this, let alone an increased role.

I don't know...our coaching staff is great but i just can't believe our rookies are this bad. The excuse all year is they're depth and will be needed with injuries, well there's injuries and some players are just plain ineffective, if they can't play now...
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMJ has to play. He can break long runs. Something Gore can't do right now.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SANTA CLARA -- General manager Trent Baalke intimated Monday that rookie running back LaMichael James will soon get a chance to contribute to the 49ers' offense.
Baalke, speaking on his weekly radio show on 95.7 The Game's "Bucher & Towny," said the 49ers' coaching staff will make the ultimate decision on playing time.

"But," Baalke said, "I'd say, it's safe to say that LaMichael is going to start getting his opportunities and (I'm) confident that he'll make the most of them when given the opportunity."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Baalke-hints-James-debut-is-coming?blockID=809417&feedID=5936

Time for our rooks to step up! We could really use some speed in our run game.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, was just about to post this:

Quote:
Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura
In Baalke's interview w @townsendradio &@ricbucher, 2 things stood out: 1) LaMichael James could play soon 2) They're sticking with Akers

Quote:
Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura
Baalke on Akers: "Feel completely confident in him moving forward that when his number is called the next times, he’ll be nails."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Akers. I'm sorry. He was good last year but has cost us two games this year and his misses in the NYG game could have changed the game up.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@LaMichaelJames: The wait is over...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Yayyyyy

Finally, now go score some touchdowns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like AJ Jenkins has moved up the depth chart. Whether that means he actually plays or not, who knows.

I will say this- for the rookies last year, none of them played much until week 4, even though they were active early on. Only Aldon played sparingly. Everyone else was on ST's. Then in the Eagles game (week 4), Culliver played, Miller played, Hunter got extensive action, even Kaepernick played a snap. So it fits in with what Harbaugh has done before- activate them but wait a few weeks for action.

Quote:
On Monday, meanwhile, Harbaugh said that another high draft pick, receiver A.J. Jenkins, was being "integrated" into the game plan. Harbaugh said it was difficult because there were three receivers - Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss and Mario Manningham - who were ahead of Jenkins on the depth chart.

Reminded that Ted Ginn Jr. also has been ahead of Jenkins on the depth chart, Harbaugh said, "He has been. Yes."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/merry-christmas-harbaugh-hints-at-lamichael-james-december-debut.html#storylink=cpy

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

15 minutes later

Quote:
My tweet is not bout Ftball lol

neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He followed that tweet up by saying it wasn't football related.

I don't believe it. LET THAT BEAST FREE
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More evidence for James making his debut

-Michael Thomas

Quote:
Can't wait to see the homie @LaMichaelJames ball. Can't hold back what's real for too long.

https://twitter.com/mt3much4em/status/276135365671256064

Trenton Robinson

Quote:
RT @T_Robinson39: Happy for my bro @LaMichaelJames finally get to ball on these boys good things come with patience

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/276137197659361280
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was funny

Him and jacobs. Even when they say its not abou football it is.
He says that to make waves. Then says jk essentially.
But then two team mates congratulate him. Haha. I'm guessing he's 2 on the depth chart... Hopefully!

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: