Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs St Louis Rams #TieGate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Tie
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
49ers
47%
 47%  [ 21 ]
Tie
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Rams
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 44

big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:

not to mention that Ginn has had problems securing the ball...

I think I read somewhere after last week's game that the muff he made last week was his first as a 49er. So how does that translate to "problems securing the ball"?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
What do we know about Alex? When facing pressure, he either eats the ball and protect it or gets rid of the ball quickly to the checkdown. That would have been better than what Kap did. What else does Alex do well? Read the defense pre-snap and audible to the right play. Imagine if we had gained a few more first downs from switching to the right running play? It would have sealed the win way earlier. I'm not saying it would have happened like that, just that Alex would have been better equipped to win that game.

Even with the terrible running game and very questionable playcalling, we converted around 50% of 3rd downs in the game, better than Alex usually does. I don't see how Alex would have brought anything that Kap did not besides maybe a more accurate pitch...

Hard to say, isn't it. But here's a question for you ... how many games has Alex lost when his defense has only given up a single FG?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
What do we know about Alex? When facing pressure, he either eats the ball and protect it or gets rid of the ball quickly to the checkdown. That would have been better than what Kap did. What else does Alex do well? Read the defense pre-snap and audible to the right play. Imagine if we had gained a few more first downs from switching to the right running play? It would have sealed the win way earlier. I'm not saying it would have happened like that, just that Alex would have been better equipped to win that game.

Even with the terrible running game and very questionable playcalling, we converted around 50% of 3rd downs in the game, better than Alex usually does. I don't see how Alex would have brought anything that Kap did not besides maybe a more accurate pitch...

Audibles. Getting into the right play is more important than making an accurate pitch. The most accurate pitch in the world wouldn't have turned that defensive touchdown into a first down. But switching to a better play could have.

Seems like there is so little appreciation for what exactly encompasses the required skillset for excellence at the QB position. A strong arm is not even on the list, or at least not high up on the list. Montana is generally regarded as just about the best QB of all time and he did not have a strong arm. One of the reason is he could methodically pick defenses apart.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a topic other than QB play ... I think Fischer and his staff outcoached our staff twice this year. That doesn't bode well for the future when he gets a chance to stock up his team with better talent!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher can out coach most coaches. Hes a good one. Only game they werent competative was NE. And NE just spreaded them out and exposed their secondary. We were able to do a lilttle bit of that yesterday. I like to give credit to the receiving core alot and they did a very good job yesterday. But my boy DW cost us the game. Crabs had a drop or two on some very hard and fast passes but it was excusable but DW's pass at the end would have sealed the W.

What i get tired of is alex would have did this Or the same thing when he was starting. OR Kap would have thrown it deep and we scored more crap going on here. Based on what we have seen the results prolly would have ended the same in either case. Kap made some great 3rd down conversion and alex has struggled in that area simce harbaugh. Alex couldnt bring us to victory against Minn or the Giants and our running game is what led us to wins vs jets and seahawks when he struugled I dont think Kap would have faired any better in those losses either except the jets game. Last week alex would have had a good game against the saints too because that long pass to DW was the same pass alex hit the VD last season against the saints.

The trade off is Kap will move the chains a bit more than alex. But alex will play it closer to the vest than Kap which means less mistakes. Either way we would be in the same spot. From game to game one QB's strengths would be more magnified than the other.

I think the reason for the move is that Alex ceiling is kaps middle ground. Kap cannot play like this and we win it all. But alex has played like this and far worse and i think thats why he (kap) is starting. If JH makes the change back to smith then we should all get on board with that and same with Kap behind center

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Fisher can out coach most coaches. Hes a good one.

Way back during the Singletary era and we were all speculating about a new coach, he's one of the guys I really liked and thought would be a good fit here. Too bad he went to someone in the same division as us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, another good game by Joe Staley who has been DAMN good as of late.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
It's interesting indeed. I even remember some defending Alex's performance against the Giant's and blaming his hurt finger.

Oh, for the love of... Seriously? It WAS his finger!!! Sprained finger on his throwing hand and he had the most wild passes we've ever seen in the Harbaugh era. 3 picks? Alex had never had a multiple interception game in the Harbaugh era, either. No one is claiming we win that game if Alex was 100%, but to dismiss an injury completely.... I guess Big Ben wasn't affected by his foot last year on Monday Night Football, either? C'mon, man.... I'm literally in awe that this is even in question.

Relax, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up. My point was agreeing with Y2 in that some defended Alex in his bad or mediocre games, yet jumping at Kaps throat after this one game.

And to address the Giants game, it's was Alex's decision making that was horrible, and many agreed on that. His finger wasn't as big of a factor as this field vision was.

Perhaps people are getting worked up because your bias is showing...just a thought. And those of us who are down on Kaep could be because we thought these kind of mistakes might happen with him. In such a close game, he was guilty of an error in judgement that let the other team into the game and opened the door to a loss. It's not because we think Kaep is terrible or want him to fail--it's because we question the timing of the move. We all know/knew that Kaep is the future, some just think it shouldn't be now.
Let's not act like Alex can do no wrong. He's made more than plenty of mistakes his whole career. How do we know Alex would've fared better in this game? We don't so get over it.

As soon as you get over your hate of Alex...deal?
And I did not say that Alex has never made a mistake. Just that Kaep made a mistake that we have not seen Alex make. Has Alex made mistakes? Certainly! If he was flawless we would have another SB victory already!

It's not a pitch, but it's a pretty bad mental error as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwVQnaXrSug

Yes, it's a different era, but a mental error is a mental error.

What a reach, SoCal. Just admit it and move on, please. You're biased toward Kaep, I would rather stick with the more experienced Alex at this point (and am therefore biased myself). It it what it is and denying it isn't doing anyone any good.

You said you've never seen a mistake that bad from Alex, I give you an example, and you throw it away because you claim I'm biased. What a joke. Laughing Laughing

No, I throw it away because of the horrid HC and OCs he had at the time. Kaep didn't have to suffer throught that and never will.

Did you not read my post? I noted it was a different era, but said a mental error is a mental error no matter who's coaching. Kaep's errors were a result of him trying to do too much, and that video was an error from Alex as a result of doing too much.

The difference is that Alex got to make his mental errors in a time we were not contenders for the Super Bowl! Kaep's have a greater impact on our chances for the elusive 6th Super Bowl championship...
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
The difference is that Alex got to make his mental errors in a time we were not contenders for the Super Bowl! Kaep's have a greater impact on our chances for the elusive 6th Super Bowl championship...

That's beside the point. You made a statement saying that Alex never messed up like Kaep did, and he clearly has.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

That's beside the point. You made a statement saying that Alex never messed up like Kaep did, and he clearly has.

Fine. Doesn't change the validity of the above statement.
And when are you going to admit your own bias toward Kaep? The denial is rather silly...
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

And when are you going to admit your own bias toward Kaep? The denial is rather silly...

How about we stop making it about me and actually talk about football? I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you. Calling me biased to try and discredit my comments/opinions is a bit silly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

How about we stop making it about me and actually talk about football? I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you. Calling me biased to try and discredit my comments/opinions is a bit silly.

True, but so is continuing to deny it. Everyone has a bias...no one is truly objective in this argument.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

True, but so is continuing to deny it. Everyone has a bias...no one is truly objective in this argument.

please stop... everyone knows where everyone really stands, and it's all whateverz anyway...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Laughing I see you have issues dropping things. How about I end it right here. I'm done talking about it, and it's going nowhere. You can post after this if you makes you feel better, since it looks like you want the last word.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Of course Kap messed up three separate times in the same game and any single one of those, if not made, could have resulted in a win for us.

That's not meant as a knock on him, mistakes are what I expect from time to time from a young, inexperienced QB. Now that we've made the switch we all just have to take the good with the bad and hope that the ratio changes fairly rapidly as his experience increases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: