Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs St Louis Rams #TieGate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
Tie
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
49ers
47%
 47%  [ 21 ]
Tie
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Rams
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 44

neezy007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Remember how I was defending Delanie Walker earlier this week? Not defending him any longer.

Such an amazing throw. Walker himself said it was a perfect throw, but he messed up. Doesn't excuse Kaep's earlier mistakes but we still could have won.

Walker just drops the ball too much and is unreliable. Don't want him back next year. He had a holding penalty the next play too.

It is completely inexcusable. That pass was incredible! It was right in his hands!!!!!!!!! Then he holds and pushes us farther back. Thanks a lot.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
John232 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Do you guys honestly think Alex would have faired much better? Our line couldn't protect as well and Kaep had to escape quite a few times. Alex probably would have been sacked twice as much as Kap.

Well...I do know that we wouldn't of called a triple option if Alex was in there.

I think we might of, but then again Kap wasn't exactly shut down passing wise, he may not of gotten the explosive plays but outside of the one terrible turn over he had a very Alex like game with the exception of one or two plays.

I agree. Our game plan might have been different, but I'm not 100% that Alex would have played much better. I'm not going to plug him into that same 3rd and 3 situation and say that the play call would have been different, because nobody can say that the game would have played out exactly the same with Alex. However knowing that our run game was shut down, and our receivers were covered for the most time, I don't think Alex would have been effective today. Kaep had to make things happen with his legs, and fit the ball through some pretty tight windows.

What do we know about Alex? When facing pressure, he either eats the ball and protect it or gets rid of the ball quickly to the checkdown. That would have been better than what Kap did. What else does Alex do well? Read the defense pre-snap and audible to the right play. Imagine if we had gained a few more first downs from switching to the right running play? It would have sealed the win way earlier. I'm not saying it would have happened like that, just that Alex would have been better equipped to win that game.

I think the Rams defense prepares and comes out playing so much differently if it's Alex that it's not even really worth discussing. Anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
What do we know about Alex? When facing pressure, he either eats the ball and protect it or gets rid of the ball quickly to the checkdown. That would have been better than what Kap did. What else does Alex do well? Read the defense pre-snap and audible to the right play. Imagine if we had gained a few more first downs from switching to the right running play? It would have sealed the win way earlier. I'm not saying it would have happened like that, just that Alex would have been better equipped to win that game.

Even with the terrible running game and very questionable playcalling, we converted around 50% of 3rd downs in the game, better than Alex usually does. I don't see how Alex would have brought anything that Kap did not besides maybe a more accurate pitch...
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Even with the terrible running game and very questionable playcalling, we converted around 50% of 3rd downs in the game, better than Alex usually does. I don't see how Alex would have brought anything that Kap did not besides maybe a more accurate pitch...

Audibles. Getting into the right play is more important than making an accurate pitch. The most accurate pitch in the world wouldn't have turned that defensive touchdown into a first down. But switching to a better play could have.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
It's interesting indeed. I even remember some defending Alex's performance against the Giant's and blaming his hurt finger.

Oh, for the love of... Seriously? It WAS his finger!!! Sprained finger on his throwing hand and he had the most wild passes we've ever seen in the Harbaugh era. 3 picks? Alex had never had a multiple interception game in the Harbaugh era, either. No one is claiming we win that game if Alex was 100%, but to dismiss an injury completely.... I guess Big Ben wasn't affected by his foot last year on Monday Night Football, either? C'mon, man.... I'm literally in awe that this is even in question.

Relax, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up. My point was agreeing with Y2 in that some defended Alex in his bad or mediocre games, yet jumping at Kaps throat after this one game.

And to address the Giants game, it's was Alex's decision making that was horrible, and many agreed on that. His finger wasn't as big of a factor as this field vision was.

Perhaps people are getting worked up because your bias is showing...just a thought. And those of us who are down on Kaep could be because we thought these kind of mistakes might happen with him. In such a close game, he was guilty of an error in judgement that let the other team into the game and opened the door to a loss. It's not because we think Kaep is terrible or want him to fail--it's because we question the timing of the move. We all know/knew that Kaep is the future, some just think it shouldn't be now.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
It's interesting indeed. I even remember some defending Alex's performance against the Giant's and blaming his hurt finger.

Oh, for the love of... Seriously? It WAS his finger!!! Sprained finger on his throwing hand and he had the most wild passes we've ever seen in the Harbaugh era. 3 picks? Alex had never had a multiple interception game in the Harbaugh era, either. No one is claiming we win that game if Alex was 100%, but to dismiss an injury completely.... I guess Big Ben wasn't affected by his foot last year on Monday Night Football, either? C'mon, man.... I'm literally in awe that this is even in question.

Relax, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up. My point was agreeing with Y2 in that some defended Alex in his bad or mediocre games, yet jumping at Kaps throat after this one game.

And to address the Giants game, it's was Alex's decision making that was horrible, and many agreed on that. His finger wasn't as big of a factor as this field vision was.

Perhaps people are getting worked up because your bias is showing...just a thought. And those of us who are down on Kaep could be because we thought these kind of mistakes might happen with him. In such a close game, he was guilty of an error in judgement that let the other team into the game and opened the door to a loss. It's not because we think Kaep is terrible or want him to fail--it's because we question the timing of the move. We all know/knew that Kaep is the future, some just think it shouldn't be now.

Do I have a target on my back, or did you just feel like this was the only think you felt like responding to even if it was a few pages back? I'm sure there's some other 49ers/Rams topics you can dissect out of the last few pages, but you decide to talk about my bias.

Glad to see that you're speaking for everyone who wanted Kaep's head, but not once did I say Kaep didn't have a bad game. I just thought it was interesting that some seen to be throwing the whole game on Kaep, yet when Alex had some worse showings he was defended. I was mainly agreeing with Y2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tired of the Rams this year. I'm glad we wont have to see them again until next year. I dont get it but the Rams just seem to have the 49ers figured out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Let's not act like Alex can do no wrong. He's made more than plenty of mistakes his whole career. How do we know Alex would've fared better in this game? We don't so get over it.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Let's not act like Alex can do no wrong. He's made more than plenty of mistakes his whole career. How do we know Alex would've fared better in this game? We don't so get over it.

As soon as you get over your hate of Alex...deal?
And I did not say that Alex has never made a mistake. Just that Kaep made a mistake that we have not seen Alex make. Has Alex made mistakes? Certainly! If he was flawless we would have another SB victory already!
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

And I did not say that Alex has never made a mistake. Just that Kaep made a mistake that we have not seen Alex make. Has Alex made mistakes? Certainly! If he was flawless we would have another SB victory already!

It's not a pitch, but it's a pretty bad mental error as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwVQnaXrSug

Yes, it's a different era, but a mental error is a mental error.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

What a reach, SoCal. Just admit it and move on, please. You're biased toward Kaep, I would rather stick with the more experienced Alex at this point (and am therefore biased myself). It it what it is and denying it isn't doing anyone any good.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both QBs have their positives and negatives, but great point brought up about converting over 50% of 3rd downs yesterday. We even converted a few 3rd and longs that we haven't all season long. Like I said during the game, I love the fact Kaepernick is getting to see all these blitzes and facing some adversity. This is the only way he will learn and we get to see how he rebounds from a loss. This guy is money in the two minute stretch at the end of games though. Miami has a tough defense so no easy task this week either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

What a reach, SoCal. Just admit it and move on, please. You're biased toward Kaep, I would rather stick with the more experienced Alex at this point (and am therefore biased myself). It it what it is and denying it isn't doing anyone any good.

You said you've never seen a mistake that bad from Alex, I give you an example, and you throw it away because you claim I'm biased. What a joke. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

You said you've never seen a mistake that bad from Alex, I give you an example, and you throw it away because you claim I'm biased. What a joke. Laughing Laughing

No, I throw it away because of the horrid HC and OCs he had at the time. Kaep didn't have to suffer throught that and never will.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Ataal wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

No, I throw it away because of the horrid HC and OCs he had at the time. Kaep didn't have to suffer throught that and never will.

Did you not read my post? I noted it was a different era, but said a mental error is a mental error no matter who's coaching. Kaep's errors were a result of him trying to do too much, and that video was an error from Alex as a result of doing too much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: