Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I can't even get excited for the draft. We already know if our front office isn't cleaned we'll get someone with an injury history and the ability to be coached right down to worthless.

That's exactly what we've done with our last two first rounders right?

I am withholding judgement on the last two for now. It's easy to be the shiniest turd in the septic tank.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the #7 pick as of today I believe. I hope that it is used to get a left tackle, but I wouldn't be shocked if the team looked at corners. I don't expect Jammer or Cason to be here next year.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I can't even get excited for the draft. We already know if our front office isn't cleaned we'll get someone with an injury history and the ability to be coached right down to worthless.

I am withholding judgement on the last two for now. It's easy to be the shiniest turd in the septic tank.

Corey Liuget looks like the shiniest turd? He looks more like a top 7 3-4 DE to me. Laughing

Joeckel or Lewan. If not them, we need to find some way to get Fisher. If that fails, Aboushi or we die. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
We have the #7 pick as of today I believe. I hope that it is used to get a left tackle, but I wouldn't be shocked if the team looked at corners. I don't expect Jammer or Cason to be here next year.

Honestly, I would rather the team resign Jammer to start alongside Wright, if that means drafting Joeckel.

We can win games with bad corners, but we aren't going anywhere without an NFL caliber LT on the roster.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Corey Liuget looks like the shiniest turd? He looks more like a top 7 3-4 DE to me. Laughing

Joeckel or Lewan. If not them, we need to find some way to get Fisher. If that fails, Aboushi or we die. Laughing

You can keep Joeckel. I'm surprised people are talking about him like he'd be worth a high pick. Lots of flaws.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I might regret the Liuget pun I'm passing up here but I do think he is a good player. I'm just not about to say he's great before seeing a larger body of work, a few years of durability, and this to be a contending team.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, i'm doing a gm mock right now, where i traded Cason, Meachem and a 2nd for Jake Long and a 7th... Laughing Guy really likes Cason for some reason....lol

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resign:: Franklin, Jammer, Green, Vasquez

Walk:: Phillips, Barnes, Cason, R. Brown, Martin,

Promotions::

Molk to Center with Green needed at LG and Hardwick retiring.
V. Brown is the de facto #1 WR.
J. Mouton to replace Spikes.
S. Wright to replace Cason

Leaves us with no starter at LT, ROLB, RG or FB. So...

1 Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State University
2 Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan Lance Johnson, OT Oklahoma [Bowing to the concensus that my first selection will be gone but the guy I want more will be there. ]
3. Larry Warford, OG Kentucky
4. Sanders Comming, CB Georgia
5. Matthew Tucker, RB TCU
6. Rogers Gaines, OT Tennessee State
7. Bojay Filimoeatu, OLB Utah State

We'll need to bring in at least a RG to push the rookie at RG, Hope to god, Ingram can lock down one spot while Johnson care takes it while Werner adjusts. Lewan will hopefully be the fire that makes Gaither show up but more then likely the starter. Clary just has to beat out Harris and Gaines for a roster spot.

EverythingSF wrote:

Last edited by Boltstrikes on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Lewan is a top 15 pick....

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

You're probably right but I have him as my 5th tackle.

EverythingSF wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Whaaaaaaat? He's second, third at absolute worst. Matthews is a right tackle. Who else, Aboushi?

#JDI
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With us potentially having new starts at S, both corners, ILB, ROLB, NT, LT, LG, C, RG, WR and FB, the strategies are kind of limited.

SP95 isn't going to take a discount on his final contract to play for a rebuilding team. We're looking at no pass rush, no coverage, and no offensive line. This is not the dream job a GM is wishing for. Oh I almost forgot the guaranteed money we owe Royal, Gaither and Meachem who don't even deserve spots on this team. We're going to be the Raiders of 2013.

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Whaaaaaaat? He's second, third at absolute worst. Matthews is a right tackle. Who else, Aboushi?

I'd rather have Dallas Thomas as a pro. Lane Johnson, Joekel, Aboushi, or Matthews.

EverythingSF wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

I'd rather have Dallas Thomas as a pro. Lane Johnson, Joekel, Aboushi, or Matthews.

Bleh. Lewan constantly faces top tier talent and handles it all. He's a beast.

Like Thomas, don't see him at LT. Damn good LG though.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say swap Lewan for Lane Johnson the the projection. With a rookie wage scale and a limited crop of OT's with legitimate LT upside in this class, Lewan's not making it out of the Top 15 and may end up unseating Joeckel as Joeckel just doesn't have the upside Lewan does (highly technical, but limited upside - a rich man's Brandon Albert really).

Lane Johnson harks of Nate Solder, he's not a Day One starter at LT, but if you're willing to ride the rough patches early on, he can likely not be a liability on the right side while cutting his teeth as a rookie then move to the blind-side after a year. He'll be the sort that falls no further than the 2nd round because of his LT upside, in spite of being raw and having only played OT for a very short period, and might even sneak into the bottom of the 1st when all is said and done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: