Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bill Sheridan, DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his use of stunts is a little stupid, but jeez our team has worse corners than your average college football team and a defensive line that could not touch a quarterback if he sat back there for 15 seconds. I don't know what coordinator could look good with those traits.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to bump this thread, is Sheridan's seat getting a little hotter or is the CB talent just so woeful he gets a pass? Just curious for thoughts after the latest meltdown.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one that was giving Sheridan more credit bc of the lack of pass rush and talent in secondary. But when former players analysts and fans are all questioning the play calling, it's gotten worse.

There should be better options on the off season.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I was one that was giving Sheridan more credit bc of the lack of pass rush and talent in secondary. But when former players analysts and fans are all questioning the play calling, it's gotten worse.

There should be better options on the off season.

I consider myself at least somewhat having knowledge on techniques and strategy (far, far, far from a coach or someone who has played in the league). In his defense, the d-line depth is killing this team. Bennett and McCoy are consistently playing above 65 snaps/game. Teo is playing close too that many and he isn't nearly talented as those guys. However, when a few plays can determine a win or loss and guys like Steve White are questioning the last coverage scheme on the TD pass, yeah I'm very, very concerned.

Coach Schiano preaches accoutability, he has to also keep the same standard for his assistants as his players. I believe Sheridan and Cooper are far from safe.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a passing league that the league has become I think the BUCs will take a long look at what can be done to improve our Pass D.

They will certainly upgrade the secondary as we all feel they should. But we still need them to be coached up, and I'm not sure Sheridan is the right one to lead the way. I really wish Marinelli would come back
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
In a passing league that the league has become I think the BUCs will take a long look at what can be done to improve our Pass D.

They will certainly upgrade the secondary as we all feel they should. But we still need them to be coached up, and I'm not sure Sheridan is the right one to lead the way. I really wish Marinelli would come back

once again agree with you! Would love to pry Marinelli away. He would do wonders for Bowers, McCoy, Bennett and Clayborn.

Im sorry but you spend a year at NYG give up most yardage in franchise history. Come to Tampa and give up the worst yardage in the air in franchise history?

He's wearing my welcome. Never liked the hire, and he's showing why. He doesnt get the flow of the game or when to call blitzes. When he does blitz they are so obvious that any of us can call protection coverage to shift for it. Im so tired of watching DE's drop into coverage too...I dont care who does it, I never want to do it again. Nothing worse then Bowers running down the field instead of rushing the passer.

I know the talent isnt there but you should be able to SCHEME better. Period. Nick Foles shouldnt toast you for 400 yards. End of story

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Sheridan getting the boot. I was reading an article a couple days ago where they were talking about Schiano and Sheridan. Where the schemes are what Schiano wants and is being coordinated by Sheridan. So when we decide to constantly blitz and leave our DB's on an island, it would seem like it's shared between Schiano and Sheridan.

At that point i'm not sure if it's just that Schiano and Sheridan are refusing to adapt their scheme to the players we have on D. While i can't argue the results as their working for the run defense and would probably work better if we had CB's that could at least cover high school wr's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about our blitzes are they are telegraphed...they need to re-write the playbook this offseason.

The thing about it to me is we had 5 sacks from our DLine. Then the last two drives we completely changed what we were doing. Tons of 3 man rushes and blitzes. Our DE and McCoy were having a field day, yet lets change what was working and blitz and leave our terrible corners exposed?

no no...cant do it. wont do it....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
I'm not sold on Sheridan getting the boot. I was reading an article a couple days ago where they were talking about Schiano and Sheridan. Where the schemes are what Schiano wants and is being coordinated by Sheridan. So when we decide to constantly blitz and leave our DB's on an island, it would seem like it's shared between Schiano and Sheridan.

At that point i'm not sure if it's just that Schiano and Sheridan are refusing to adapt their scheme to the players we have on D. While i can't argue the results as their working for the run defense and would probably work better if we had CB's that could at least cover high school wr's.

Exactly. I think it's at the point where we need to get creative bc the front 4 doesn't generate pressure. (24 sacks is bottom 5 in the league). If we don't generate pressure we hurt our DBS even more. Our secondary is very bad ad yes that includes mark Barron. They're finding ways to help them out by pressuring the qb.

This is a situation where I can see Sheridan getting another year with better players to work with.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

Exactly. I think it's at the point where we need to get creative bc the front 4 doesn't generate pressure. (24 sacks is bottom 5 in the league). If we don't generate pressure we hurt our DBS even more. Our secondary is very bad ad yes that includes mark Barron. They're finding ways to help them out by pressuring the qb.

This is a situation where I can see Sheridan getting another year with better players to work with.

Could...but even before Wright was hurt, or Talib was gone. Our secondary was getting scourched.

This is by scheme. Nothing has changed all year and im a bit sick of it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our talent level isnt up to par. We get beat on man to man situations, so be it. But there are receivers running WIDE OPEN....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

Could...but even before Wright was hurt, or Talib was gone. Our secondary was getting scourched.

This is by scheme. Nothing has changed all year and im a bit sick of it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our talent level isnt up to par. We get beat on man to man situations, so be it. But there are receivers running WIDE OPEN....

The wide open thing has just been magnified since we traded Talib and Wright went out though. But do we really expect anything to be down with this group of DB's.

Was curious to how many games they have played before this year for the Bucs.

I didn't include Ronde as that would skew the numbers a little, we are looking at 40 games between the starters. Biggers, Johnson, Gaitor with Barron. Biggers makes up 32 of those. I would never excuse the horrible play the secondary has put up but I expect changes to happen and should get Sheridan a pass until he can be evaluated with actual talent. If not, he gets shown the door at the end of next year. Just the way Freeman has been given talent around him and can truly be evaluated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man idk...i get that theory, but if we got a couple of CBs and stayed healthy I like our chances at a run next year. I know getting WAY ahead of myself, but we have played with the big boys this year til the end.

I would hate to lose a year because we are giving a DC a benefit of the doubt you know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
man idk...i get that theory, but if we got a couple of CBs and stayed healthy I like our chances at a run next year. I know getting WAY ahead of myself, but we have played with the big boys this year til the end.

I would hate to lose a year because we are giving a DC a benefit of the doubt you know?

I would think that if we can get the talent in the draft and FA and by midseason are still having the same issues. I think Sheridan would get booted and move someone like Cooper or Fraser into the job.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

That's my problem with it too. Whether we are running man or zone, there shouldn't be someone with 5 yards of open space underneath on seemingly every play.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially on 3rd and mediums..they [inappropriate/removed] me off the most. I can't even count the number of 3rd and 5's where their guy catches it 8 yards downfield wide open, while all our guys are 20 yards downfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: