Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what did I miss
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: what did I miss Reply with quote

I missed the game, and besides a record number of fumbles, what did I miss?

Did Rainey get hurt?

What other injuries ? I saw that Worilds had 2 sacks, so did Woodley get hurt again? I don't understand why Woodley wouldn't be on the field all the time.

From the highlights, it looks like the Browns a re physical and just out hit the steelers.

Glad to heart Harrison is back, I knew all he needed was to get most of his health back. Maybe another QB is needed though Embarassed
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: what did I miss Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
I missed the game, and besides a record number of fumbles, what did I miss?

Did Rainey get hurt?

What other injuries ? I saw that Worilds had 2 sacks, so did Woodley get hurt again? I don't understand why Woodley wouldn't be on the field all the time.

From the highlights, it looks like the Browns a re physical and just out hit the steelers.

Glad to heart Harrison is back, I knew all he needed was to get most of his health back. Maybe another QB is needed though Embarassed

believe it or not from a month ago, but most significant injury might be Adams gone for the year bad leg injury
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader, I agree, the biggest injury was Adams.

did you see a status update on him?

as for what you missed 3rivers:

1) We re-confirmed that Mike Wallace doesn't give a crap
2) Rashard Mendenhall will not be on the team next season
3) Our offense is terrible without Ben
4) Ron Winters should never officiate a game again

Worilds and Hood had good games off the left side. I think my constant whining about Hood being outside in contain is having an effect. Hood lined up as a DT/NT quite a bit. Very Happy
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A game like this makes me wonder if Big Ben went out for a season, would the season be much alike Colts' last season?

What's more surprisingly is that Big Ben become more MVP for us even without playing. This speaks the volume of how much we miss him.

On that side note... Not only Wallace and Mendenhall likely won't be on team next season (maybe my biased opinion, but it's hard to argue against this) also I'm starting to itch my butt when our secondary miss that MANY of interception opportunties. Just come on, catch the ball!
Dook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week we saw how horrible Leftwich is and we thought that Batch has to be better, this week we found out that he actually may be worse than Lefty. Regardless, neither of our backup QB's should be in the NFL.

Still, not all of the blame should go to Batch, those fumbles were something you'd expect to see at a Pee Wee game.

Beachum came in for Adams and had a holding call right off the bat that he was guilty for but after that I think he did okay, I didn't watch him the whole time though. I probably wouldn't play him there this season unless we have absolutely no other choice which might be the case.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, I don't see how people can say Batch is better than Lefty. Makes no sense to me. Only thing better is his quicker release. Lefty was hurt, which is always the case, but still tough to judge. No question we need new backups.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New backups(s), plural. I agree.

What did you miss? You missed our RB's embarrassing themselves. That's about it.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but you guys are the kings of over reactors. Batch had a rough day but he also threw many good balls. The deep one to Wallace at the end was ill advised into double coverage but if that was the play call then that is what was bad on 1st down. Cleveland has a good defensive line and the refs were annoying today, killing both teams as I could tell.

Im not sure how you expect a back up QB to be anything other than a backup quality unless you expect and want the Steelers to get a guy to compete with Ben and cause turmoil? If we drafted a young QB it would and should be a three year project guy but whats funny to me is most of you cry and complain when a 3rd or 4th round QB is suggested. I have to chuckle at how most if not all in here scoffed when I suggested Colin Kapernick in the 4th round at the start of his senior year, I'm assuming thats what you want on the bench as in that type of capable QB. There are about 10 teams looking for a starter just one, and yet its expected that we should have one if not two on our bench. Ridiculous.

Too often anymore in here I'm reminded that the only way you can prove global warming is to actually have the world end and then you'll all want to do something about it.

...you have a forum resume?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We you missed

Great play by the defense defense yes they did give up 2 TDs, but for as much as they were on the field they did a amazing job. The refs Ron Winter ( I shouldn't even know his name.) has it out for the Steelers same ref that officiated the Giants game. Miss a huge TO by the Browns at mid field with 2:00 left.

Charlie Batch has zero arm strength, but wasn't help out by the play calling either. The Steelers should of been running a lot of screens, slants, hooks and TE seam routes. Then add in the occasional deep route to keep the defense honest. It was made worse that we had 4 Tim Worley's on offense yesterday. The Steelers gave up on Dennis Dixon for Leftwich and Batch, which I think was a huge mistake. Keep one of them and at least keep Dixon who proved he was capable and young. I would of love to see Dixon play today I think his legs could of been used today. Living in hindsight gotta focus on what's available.

This is turning out like 2005 when the Steelers had to win out just to get the 6th seed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Im sorry but you guys are the kings of over reactors. Batch had a rough day but he also threw many good balls. The deep one to Wallace at the end was ill advised into double coverage but if that was the play call then that is what was bad on 1st down. Cleveland has a good defensive line and the refs were annoying today, killing both teams as I could tell.

Im not sure how you expect a back up QB to be anything other than a backup quality unless you expect and want the Steelers to get a guy to compete with Ben and cause turmoil? If we drafted a young QB it would and should be a three year project guy but whats funny to me is most of you cry and complain when a 3rd or 4th round QB is suggested. I have to chuckle at how most if not all in here scoffed when I suggested Colin Kapernick in the 4th round at the start of his senior year, I'm assuming thats what you want on the bench as in that type of capable QB. There are about 10 teams looking for a starter just one, and yet its expected that we should have one if not two on our bench. Ridiculous.

Too often anymore in here I'm reminded that the only way you can prove global warming is to actually have the world end and then you'll all want to do something about it.

No one is saying you need a stud on the bench. But look at your options if Ben goes down:

Leftwich, who couldn't really make it in the NFL due to his slow delivery and durability issues. What happened when he finally had to play? Injured. Just like he always is. It would be wise to have a backup that can actually see the field, don't you agree? The backups very purpose of existence is to be there and have reliable health since your starter is going to be out. Leftwich defeats that purpose.

Batch, who is 38 years old and wasn't a good football player 10 years ago. Yet we keep him around because he's a "mentor". Who exactly has he "mentored"? I get that it's nice having a respectable guy like Charlie Batch in your locker room, and he's 3rd string so in reality, he's never supposed to see the field to begin with. But we're still paying a salary to a guy who isn't physically able to play QB anymore.

I'm not going to blame the FO for Dixon, since he wanted out to begin with. Nobody beat down his door though, so he probably would of come back. But we definitely do not have a quality back up. Every team needs one. We have an OC now who is great with QBs, get him a young guy with a decent arm and he can make a reliable back up option for us.

This isn't a HUGE issue or anything, but one of our off season endeavors should be cleaning house at the QB position and drafting or signing some new blood.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Worilds and Hood had good games off the left side. I think my constant whining about Hood being outside in contain is having an effect. Hood lined up as a DT/NT quite a bit. Very Happy

This sucks if Adams is out. And did they pull colon as well? Looks like the OL will be crap again Embarassed

I didn't care for wallace this year, but it sounds like it just keeps getting worse.

What was with Woodley - no stats? Is Harrison getting back to his old form? I noticed 4 sacks and if the D can keep that pace it will salvage a year that has had one of the weakest pass rushes up to this point.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison was beastly today. His hit on Richardson was old school James Harrison for sure.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

This sucks if Adams is out. And did they pull colon as well? Looks like the OL will be crap again Embarassed

I didn't care for wallace this year, but it sounds like it just keeps getting worse.

What was with Woodley - no stats? Is Harrison getting back to his old form? I noticed 4 sacks and if the D can keep that pace it will salvage a year that has had one of the weakest pass rushes up to this point.

Colon was out due to injury, swollen knee. Incidentally, Dermontti Dawson was on the Mark Madden show and gave Colon a bit of a verbal thrashing on his play.
Woodley was also out due to a bum ankle. Worilds had his best game as a pro in response.

Harrison was beastly. Agree Curtain, it was nice to see.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams has a ankle injury of some sort tomlin didn't get into the injuries afterwards because he was visibly upset.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

No one is saying you need a stud on the bench. But look at your options if Ben goes down:

Leftwich, who couldn't really make it in the NFL due to his slow delivery and durability issues. What happened when he finally had to play? Injured. Just like he always is. It would be wise to have a backup that can actually see the field, don't you agree? The backups very purpose of existence is to be there and have reliable health since your starter is going to be out. Leftwich defeats that purpose.

Batch, who is 38 years old and wasn't a good football player 10 years ago. Yet we keep him around because he's a "mentor". Who exactly has he "mentored"? I get that it's nice having a respectable guy like Charlie Batch in your locker room, and he's 3rd string so in reality, he's never supposed to see the field to begin with. But we're still paying a salary to a guy who isn't physically able to play QB anymore.

I'm not going to blame the FO for Dixon, since he wanted out to begin with. Nobody beat down his door though, so he probably would of come back. But we definitely do not have a quality back up. Every team needs one. We have an OC now who is great with QBs, get him a young guy with a decent arm and he can make a reliable back up option for us.

This isn't a HUGE issue or anything, but one of our off season endeavors should be cleaning house at the QB position and drafting or signing some new blood.

Before yesterdays game Batch was 5-2 as a starter 11 TD -8 INT .
So what exactly are you basing your observation on? Batch's last start was a 38-13 win over Tampa Bay.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: