Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Jim Brown right?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Was Jim Brown right? Reply with quote

As we all know, after the selection of Richardson last April Jim Brown declared him an 'average' RB, a notion we all (including myself) scoffed at.

But, since those words have been spoken Richardson has had a chance to prove Brown right or wrong. Which has he done in your opinion.

My take?

Richardson has proved to be a very good receiver out of the backfield who also blocks very well for a rookie.

As a runner he is patient and pounds on a defense. Arm tackles and stepping out of bounds simply aren't part of this kids game.

The one part of his game I've been somewhat underwhelmed by is is breakaway speed/ability, or lack thereof.

I believe 32 yards is his season long. I guess I was expecting a bit more explosion than what I've seen so far.

Overall I've been pleased with what he's done and think the YPC will increase as the offense matures.

What say you guys?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not getting much help from the passing game or play calling at this point. He dances too much looking for the big play instead of taking the 3-4 yard gain. Defense are pretty much teeing off on the run. The can afford to react run first bc that is how Shurmur calls it on 1st and 2nd down most of the time and inside the 20s. The can also afford to react run first every time becasue Weeden and the recievers haven't beat anyone all year.

I believe he will be better than average.

Jamison on the sig
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badly want to see him in another offense. However he is still overly patient sometimes, I think we should be getting Hardesty more carries a game to keep Richardson more fresh and aggressive with his opportunities.
BgDawg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been pretty please with him thus far.

My biggest complaint is that he tends to dance too much and needs to recognize when he needs to hit the hole hard for whatever yards he can manage. The dancing has led to quite a few short gains, no gains, and even a few negative gains. I hope this is something the coaches are bringing to his attention.

I am really excited to see what he can do if we have a passing game that needs to be respected. Right now he is facing defenses that are focused on him being the Browns' offensive play maker. Spread out the field a bit more, make the other team respect the pass, and watch more holes open up.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He dances too much. Montario Hardesty doesn't have half his talent but hits the hole hard
nugpimpen

Is Trent a HOF back? Probably not

Though he will probably be a top 5 back in his prime.

I'm more than fine with that.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
LETSGOBROWNIES

Ether wrote:
Badly want to see him in another offense. However he is still overly patient sometimes, I think we should be getting Hardesty more carries a game to keep Richardson more fresh and aggressive with his opportunities.

Yeah, the fact that Hardesty had 2 carries and Richardson had 28 today was awful.

I could see it if Richardson was ripping off 6-7 yards per carry and killing the D, but he wasn't.

Should have been 20 to 10 ish IMO.

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

given the situation of this team I think TR could turn out to be close to Steven Jackson... which is great...

but no, he is not AP.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean on the carry he had where he ran right into Harrison while Little was trying to block him was just so awful on his part. Make a cut and starting running upfield please. He looked so fast on his touchdown run but most of his runs he doesn't hit that gear because he's trying to bounce around.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his dancing has stopped for the most part. Theres a few times a game I wish he would just run straight as fast as he can, but doesn't.

I do notice that defenses tee of on him.

Some of it is on T-Rich, some of it is on the OL. Some of it is on the play calling.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the time I feel like Richardson spends too much time/energy focusing on not getting tackled by the first guy that he allows the rest of the defense to run to the ball.

I wish he'd lower his head and take the defender for a ride, especially when it's a CB or S.

TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted us to draft him! I not very happy w/how he runs. Way too much dancing! Our OL is not very good at run blocking. He seems just too slow? Other RB seems faster. I like that he doesn't fumble & can catch the ball. Maybe next year he will be better! Go Browns!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he just had a pretty good game against one of the best D's in the league
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson is a little banged up. Right now defenses are saying they don't think Weeden and our passing game can beat them. They are stacking the l.o.s. Just like we did to pittsburgh today. We dared Batch to beat us.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't like what I see. He doesn't hit a hole hard, and doesn't make a decision until a hole closes. That said, he's a better blocker and receiver than I thought he'd be, but he gets paid to run moreso than catch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: