Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
A_Fan wrote:
malak1 wrote:
I think if we don't go for it on 4th and short and instead kick a FG, and if Bennett catches that long ball in stride we could possibly have a different outcome. I haz a sad.


Those are two of the most important plays of this game. You can't leave 10 points on the field like that when your playing a good defense.

That's the whole story right there IMO.
So a complete collapse of the defense was just a mirage?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
So as of right now the list of individuals who want Lovie Smith out of Chicago are:

-GOGRIESE
-WINDYCITY
_Sabwhatever his name is

.... Am I missing out on anyone?
Only the Grandfather of the Get Rid of Lovie Movement - ChicagoAl. Give an old man his due, willya?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
U young guys dont even know what bad coaching is if u think in any way shape ir form that lovie is a bad coach. I cant even explain to you guys what watching the beata in the 90s was like. And the >.500 Stat is so bogus. I mean the vikes were over .500 when they played last week and the beat the colts by 20 WHO are well over .500. The beata have had no worse than a share of the div lead all year. Some of u act like we have barely beeb above .500 all year
We won't beat the Vikes next week and would not beat either the Colts or the Rams if we played them now.

Smith is a TERRIBLE game coach perhaps because he does not get involved that much during a game. Involved such as saying "Hey Mike we need a foot, RUN A SNEAK." His players consistently play hard for him all game but it takes more than that to be a great coach. The Chicago Bears need to have a GREAT coach. We should expect more than win a year lose a year win a year lose a year for ten years. NO respectable franchise would tolerate that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballennonstop wrote:
Can't believe how many guys are jumping on the "Fire Lovie" bandwagon. He's a good coach. If I were in his shoes I would've kicked the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1 but hey that's REALLY easy for me to say after the fact.

Bottom line is the defense let us down today. All they had to do was make a stop in that last 4th quarter drive and they fell short. Then they got bailed out by Cutler/Marshall/Gould. Then all they had to do was make a stop on one of the many 3rd downs in OT and they couldnt do that either.

Bottom line is our D is old..they were gassed..and athletic QB's rolling over them is starting to become a trend. I blame the D for this loss..We didn't deserve to win this game. Did you notice how many calls went our way? This game shouldn't have been as close as it was.
We need more than a "good" coach.

Wouldn't a good coach use available timeouts to give the D a break? Or devise a scheme to stop a running QB when it was obvious that all he could do to beat them was run himself? Wouldn't a good coach have learned from watching Tebow do the same thing to the d last year? Let it chase you till exhausted and beat it?

This stuff is not rocket science.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Pretty simple what happened in this game…the D were exhausted and we out thought ourselves trying to stop Russell late in the game…the injuries to Jennings, Bennett, Bush and Urlacher all look worrying…this year could be about to unravel like last year did because we just can’t stay healthy…even Jonathan Scott had a hand injury…ever team struggles when a lot of their roster is out or banged up…the Offence had a very solid game…Mike Tice’s play calling for very good for the 2nd week in a row…

The key here is how badly injured are some of our guys…if it’s bad the season has been derailed…if it’s not we are still in with a great shot of having a great year.
At this time of the year every team has injuries.
Had we the injuries that GB had last year there is NO chance that we could have overcome them as GB did - ZERO.

And the composition of this team reflects Smith as much as it does Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Pretty simple what happened in this game…the D were exhausted and we out thought ourselves trying to stop Russell late in the game…the injuries to Jennings, Bennett, Bush and Urlacher all look worrying…this year could be about to unravel like last year did because we just can’t stay healthy…even Jonathan Scott had a hand injury…ever team struggles when a lot of their roster is out or banged up…the Offence had a very solid game…Mike Tice’s play calling for very good for the 2nd week in a row…

The key here is how badly injured are some of our guys…if it’s bad the season has been derailed…if it’s not we are still in with a great shot of having a great year.


Not making playoffs would be disastrous for our coaches. Injuries or not.


As I said before...it's incredibly short sighted to see things as black and white as you do when it comes to Lovie.
It is amazing how many just will not admit what is right in front of their faces. Emery is not going to go down with the ship, however, so he will can this guy at the end of the year when we are watching the other teams in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexasBearsFan


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1224
Location: Waco, TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so pathetic. I didn't hear one bit of any of this a few weeks ago when the defense was playing out of its mind and shutting down every team we played. Then all I heard was "Well, man, what a defense! Tillman for MVP! This defense still has it! Woooooo!!!!"

Then we lose a few and all of sudden the defense is old and the architect of the defense that was one of the best in the league as little as a month ago needs to be replaced.

Chicago fans, I tell ya.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Can we get back to the patheticness of our defense?

I am still in shock that they had 2 drives where they could have won the game and they allowed 94 and 80 hard drives with no big plays but repeated 3rd down conversions.

I do believe that Emery will fire Lovie if he has an excuse, like not making the playoffs, because most GMs don't want to be SHACKLED TO a coach.
Fixed it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^
U may not like being oh so incredibly wrong but thats too bad

That was meant for griese


Yeah ive seen your arguments in the General forum and you have room to talk Laughing. Ofcourse you say Im wrong but I bet you dont have anything to back up calling me out.
What about my posts in the general forum? What do I have to back up what I said, well um, lets see oh there's this

Phil Emery wrote:
There's not a specific amount of wins, or playoffs or else. Everyone is going to be evaluated based on how we are progressing toward our goals. Ultimately that's what this is all about....I'm a fan of Lovie Smith, we worked very well together when I was here before, and we continue to have an excellent working relationship, [as for Lovie's contract and rumors of extension talks] that will all work itself out in the offseason, that's just how I prefer to handle these things.
It is clear to some of us that there will NOT be any extension without a deep run into the playoffs. Emery's comments are Media Speak and mean almost nothing.

Everyone loves everyone until the moment before the ax falls. And it is now being sharpened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^
U may not like being oh so incredibly wrong but thats too bad

That was meant for griese


Yeah ive seen your arguments in the General forum and you have room to talk Laughing. Ofcourse you say Im wrong but I bet you dont have anything to back up calling me out.
What about my posts in the general forum? What do I have to back up what I said, well um, lets see oh there's this

Phil Emery wrote:
There's not a specific amount of wins, or playoffs or else. Everyone is going to be evaluated based on how we are progressing toward our goals. Ultimately that's what this is all about....I'm a fan of Lovie Smith, we worked very well together when I was here before, and we continue to have an excellent working relationship, [as for Lovie's contract and rumors of extension talks] that will all work itself out in the offseason, that's just how I prefer to handle these things.


Thank you for proving my point Laughing


You are aware this doesn’t prove any of your points…all this proves is that Emery isn’t as short sighted as you are.


" Everyone is going to be evaluated based on how we are progressing toward our goals"


You know what the word “progressing” means right? It means that Emery isn’t foolish enough to think that we have the talent level after years of bad drafting that cost JA his job to win the SB in his first year…he will evaluate the whole franchise and determine if he feels we are progressing enough towards that goal…Emery knows full well it will take a few years before we are anything like favourites for a title…a few years of not only good coaching but good player accusation as well…

You can’t seriously read that statement and think Emery is saying that if Lovie doesn’t make the playoffs then he is automatically done.
What destroys your argument entirely is that the talent that is here is as much the doing of Smith as ANYONE (other than that Emery has gathered).

Do you seriously believe Angelo on his own would have dragged in the scraps of the Rams teams that Smith was DC of? Do we have to post all the names of THAT sorry bunch?

This was not Angelo's team after the extension but Smith's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Here's a question: Was the last 2 drives a result of poor coaching, or were they a result of poor tackling? That defensive scheme did not even have a chance to tackle until the QB was ten yards down the field.

We actually had them do exactly what we want them to do, throw it in front of the sticks, we just didn't tackle when they did, that's not coaching, that's players not doing their job.
Actually, the passing was the least of what killed us. It was the QB runs which killed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
I know there are tons of fans that will flame me on this. Lovie needs to go he has no control over the offense. The defense is getting old they cant compete that long any more . What has Lovie done to ensure we have a replacement for Urlacher, Tillman, Peppers and Briggs . His D is about to end and so does Lovies saga. We need a offensive or balanced NFL head coach who this is I dont know but that is Emerys job to find .
Only a few fans will "flame" you for stating what is obvious to most of us.

I can't even stand to go to these games now and sell my tickets because I have NO confidence in this coaching staff and can't stand to watch it give games away which we should win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Now that I've had a few hours to reflect I have a few thoughts.

-Forte needs to be used more in the passing game. Going into today he had less receiving yards than Kellen Davis. The reason we paid him what we did this offseason is because of the great dual threat he is. We have yet to use him in that way this year. Especially now that our WR are dropping like flies, we need to get back to that. Coaching

-I liked the decision to go for it on 4th down and hope they would make the same decision again because it was aggressive, and I hope that today's failure to convert doesn't make Lovie afraid to try again next time. But, the play call was atrocious. We constantly run tight formations with no threat of a pass where it's 9 guys trying to block 11. That will fail far more than it succeeds. Coaching

-We need to stop playing fraidy cat offense with a single score lead. The defense isn't always going to be GREAT, and doing so gives them zero margin for error. When Jay has time like he did today he is as good as anyone. We've already paid him some $60M to be "the man" for us and will pay him much more very soon. Let him do his thing.
Coaching And this is just THIS game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
We lose in OT and now Lovie should be fired? Is this the Packer forum? Wow. Who in here thought the defense would be as good as it is? Lovie will not lose his job.
We have lost three out of the last four with two of those loses being humiliation. There is little chance of winning two of the next four games to even make the playoffs.

No one is urging Smith's firing based on ONE game but because of the pattern of losing to good teams and not winning consistently.

We have won 14 games in Smith's tenure when we were behind at the half.
That is just poor game day coaching.


Last edited by ChicagoAl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7925
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
1WngdAngel wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
1WngdAngel wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Prevent prevents you from winning. Nice job Lovie Laughing


Last time I checked Rod Marinelli was the defensive coordinator making the calls.


Both of them make the calls. What do you think that piece of paper Lovie is holding has on it? Its not different colors because Lovie likes pretty pieces of paper.


Then why have a DC at all? Do you lay blame on other head coaches in similair situations or is it specifically for this team?
Head coaches are called "head" coaches for a reason. THEY are in charge of the entire team and responsible for how they play.

There has never been a big game where Smith has out-coached his opposition.

When it was obvious that the Bears defense had TOTALLY run out of gas the Bears end the game with an unused time out. They also never used one in the over time. Using two or three timeouts might have helped the defense recover. A competent (not a genius) coach would have given his team a chance by using them. A competent coach also knows about the QB sneak. Also anyone watching this team knows that they cannot score points so you have to take the FG when it is staring you in the face.

Two of our four loses were totally unnecessary.


We agree on something Al Laughing
Who said it was impossible?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 32 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group