Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno Reply with quote




_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart


Last edited by CBears019 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per Schefter, Sherman and Browner are appealing the bans and "insist they are innocent." The substance for which Sherman and Browner were popped is unclear, but they are integral to Seattle's defense as physical press cornerbacks who make it incredibly difficult for opposing receivers to run pass routes. Sherman is more a shutdown-caliber corner. Browner is 6-foot-4 and more of a ballhawk. We should know more by early this week.

_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22826
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4174
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.

That's a good question... I can't seem to find much about it. Normally though when involving PED's its an automatic suspension until an appeal is upheld.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1690
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already been reported by sites that they are able to play until the appeal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9890
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
It's already been reported by sites that they are able to play until the appeal.


They can play but they said that the appeal could happen this week.

If they delay it they would be suspended for the playoffs which no one wants.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1690
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
It's already been reported by sites that they are able to play until the appeal.


They can play but they said that the appeal could happen this week.

If they delay it they would be suspended for the playoffs which no one wants.


If the appeal gets delayed or pushed back a week(most likely) then they are suspended for the final four games of the season and can play in the play offs if the Seahawks make it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the appeal has to be heard w/in 10 days of the initial suspension, so it should happen this week, and unless its a starcaps type situation, that decision will be final.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9890
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
the appeal has to be heard w/in 10 days of the initial suspension, so it should happen this week, and unless its a starcaps type situation, that decision will be final.


Home has it is Adderal which means their appeal will be rejected.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7338
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding.

The NFL and the Olympics and FIFA are very slow getting around to being serious about drug testing. If the NFL wants a cleaner game get these guys off of stuff like this. HSers are doing it now.
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7954
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7954
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
They played during the appeal nonetheless. It was not resolved for a long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
They played during the appeal nonetheless. It was not resolved for a long time.
That wasn't the appeal, that was the courts, they received an injunction from a Minneapolis Judge (big surprise) while the case was being heard. The appeal, as I stated earlier, has to be heard w/in 10 days of the original notification. Sounds like their defense is simply "we didn't take anything". Which a and b samples both are tested before notification, so they have no chance w/ that defense.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The question is can they play during the appeal?...if not it's a huge break for us.
Yes, they can. Remember the Williams Wall was suspended but fought the suspensions and eventually had the courts vacate them. They played the whole time.
Actually the courts didn't vacate the suspensions, they reached a settlement w/ the NFL to reduce it to 2 games. Completely different situation however since the NFL was actually contacted as to whether or not it was ok to take and the players were told yes.
They played during the appeal nonetheless. It was not resolved for a long time.
That wasn't the appeal, that was the courts, they received an injunction from a Minneapolis Judge (big surprise) while the case was being heard. The appeal, as I stated earlier, has to be heard w/in 10 days of the original notification. Sounds like their defense is simply "we didn't take anything". Which a and b samples both are tested before notification, so they have no chance w/ that defense.



Just to add - The reason the Minnesota case was such a cluster-fuct for the NFL is because Minnesota had some very unique and unfortunate (for the NFL) laws regarding employer drug testing.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group