Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears vs. Seahawks GDT - :( no bueno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shruj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^
And this is where you are so easily proven wrong. In the last 6 years how many NFCN teams have made the NFCCG? 5, last year (and the Pack was 15-1 mind you) and 2008 being the only 2 years that an NFCN team hasn't made the NFCCG. The Bears twice, The Pack twice, The Vikes once. No other division can make the claim to have represented their division in a title game 4 out of the last 6 years. The NFCN is the most balanced division in football, its been that way for quite some time. How many other divisions have sent 3 different teams to title games.

Now do I think that BB is a great coach, absolutely. But a) I'm a firm believer in what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you can't say Lovie is a terrible coach and use evidence that applies to a great coach as reason why, B) To hold a coach to the standard of you have to win multiple superbowls otherwise you are a terrible coach, is completely unrealistic.
It is easy to win arguments against yourself. I said NOTHING about having to win multiple super bowls to be a great coach. I don't know where you came up with that but when you are trying to defend a mediocre coach that is the kind of thing you have to resort to. BB is a better coach because his teams WIN year in and year out not every other year as ours has. BB is a better coach because his teams have to be contended with in the playoffs year in and year out not every other year as ours has. BB is a better coach because his teams do NOT almost always lose when behind at the half. BB is a better coach because his teams come ready to play and don't wait till the second quarter to start to produce. I could go on and on but Smith's defenders don't want to hear it.

The division is not "balanced" either. It has one terrific team, one team which is inconsistent, one team trying to become respectable and one team which has sucked for decades trying to get beyond it. It certainly isn't as balanced as the NFCE. It also has been getting its butt kicked this year by the better teams.

Sure is nice to ignore the evidence isn't it? The evidence JUST SHOWED that we have one of the most balanced divisions in the league. That's why our teams have made it to the NFCCG 5 times in 6 years. Teams stumbling into the playoffs and getting lucky doesn't show much, not as much as actually WINNING that game and the Super Bowl. How many times has the greatest division in football done THAT? I'll wait for your answer.

You keep spouting this factoid you heard on the Score or ESPN 1000 or someplace, about Smith only winning 16 (14) games down at the half or some such. Well that's wonderful. Can you tell how many games that's out of? Multiply Smith's years by 16. What the league average is? Where he ranks among all coaches from that time period? I would be more interested in what the average for GOOD coaches since those who lose too many of those games are fired unlike Smith. Without that your stat is *Bah bah bah!!!* totally empty and meaningless.
If you believe that winning less than TWO games a year when you are losing at the half is a sign of a good coach there isn't anything I can say to you to convince you otherwise. Look it up yourself and prove it irrelevant and just a fact my diseased mind clutches at because of my Smith hatred. It is remarkable how people desperately defend this mediocrity when it is not even arguable. Winning every other year is NOT acceptable for a Bears coach. Any winning program would have fired him long ago.

Yes I heard this halftime stat on ESPN Waddle was all over it. I don't remember how many games they lost in his tenor but it was really bad. Lovie can coach till the 2nd half than he stares at the sky I really hope its the end of Lovies era. We do need a change in a different direction like hmmmm offensive minded or at least some sort of balance.
Smith doesn't do any less the second half. If his plan is working he can win close games. If he thinks it isn't or gets behind by more than a score he panicks, and get away from the plan generally without much success. Yesterday he panicked and rarely ran the ball even though they were avging 6.5 per carry. 18 times.

We MUST hire an offensive coach unless it is Mike Singletary.

Singletary is a better option than Lovie? Did you see any of that debacle with him as HC in San Francisco? He was in way over his head, and we'd have the same predicament as now (needing a strong OC). Singletary's OC was Martz...

I get your issues with Smith but what did he have to do with Cutler's overthrow leading to the pick six, Jeffery falling on the route on the first drive leading to the other interception or Hester's dropped sure touchdown? Those were the reasons we lost yesterday and they don't have anything to do with Lovie - that's human error all the way.

I share in your sentiments here AZ. Singletary was an awful head coach. I doubt he would have any success here other than being a position coach/DC, of which I think I'd stick with our current group. Also, I LOL'd when I saw that suggestion.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^
And this is where you are so easily proven wrong. In the last 6 years how many NFCN teams have made the NFCCG? 5, last year (and the Pack was 15-1 mind you) and 2008 being the only 2 years that an NFCN team hasn't made the NFCCG. The Bears twice, The Pack twice, The Vikes once. No other division can make the claim to have represented their division in a title game 4 out of the last 6 years. The NFCN is the most balanced division in football, its been that way for quite some time. How many other divisions have sent 3 different teams to title games.

Now do I think that BB is a great coach, absolutely. But a) I'm a firm believer in what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you can't say Lovie is a terrible coach and use evidence that applies to a great coach as reason why, B) To hold a coach to the standard of you have to win multiple superbowls otherwise you are a terrible coach, is completely unrealistic.
It is easy to win arguments against yourself. I said NOTHING about having to win multiple super bowls to be a great coach. I don't know where you came up with that but when you are trying to defend a mediocre coach that is the kind of thing you have to resort to. BB is a better coach because his teams WIN year in and year out not every other year as ours has. BB is a better coach because his teams have to be contended with in the playoffs year in and year out not every other year as ours has. BB is a better coach because his teams do NOT almost always lose when behind at the half. BB is a better coach because his teams come ready to play and don't wait till the second quarter to start to produce. I could go on and on but Smith's defenders don't want to hear it.

The division is not "balanced" either. It has one terrific team, one team which is inconsistent, one team trying to become respectable and one team which has sucked for decades trying to get beyond it. It certainly isn't as balanced as the NFCE. It also has been getting its butt kicked this year by the better teams.

Sure is nice to ignore the evidence isn't it? The evidence JUST SHOWED that we have one of the most balanced divisions in the league. That's why our teams have made it to the NFCCG 5 times in 6 years. Teams stumbling into the playoffs and getting lucky doesn't show much, not as much as actually WINNING that game and the Super Bowl. How many times has the greatest division in football done THAT? I'll wait for your answer.

You keep spouting this factoid you heard on the Score or ESPN 1000 or someplace, about Smith only winning 16 (14) games down at the half or some such. Well that's wonderful. Can you tell how many games that's out of? Multiply Smith's years by 16. What the league average is? Where he ranks among all coaches from that time period? I would be more interested in what the average for GOOD coaches since those who lose too many of those games are fired unlike Smith. Without that your stat is *Bah bah bah!!!* totally empty and meaningless.
If you believe that winning less than TWO games a year when you are losing at the half is a sign of a good coach there isn't anything I can say to you to convince you otherwise. Look it up yourself and prove it irrelevant and just a fact my diseased mind clutches at because of my Smith hatred. It is remarkable how people desperately defend this mediocrity when it is not even arguable. Winning every other year is NOT acceptable for a Bears coach. Any winning program would have fired him long ago.

Yes I heard this halftime stat on ESPN Waddle was all over it. I don't remember how many games they lost in his tenor but it was really bad. Lovie can coach till the 2nd half than he stares at the sky I really hope its the end of Lovies era. We do need a change in a different direction like hmmmm offensive minded or at least some sort of balance.
Smith doesn't do any less the second half. If his plan is working he can win close games. If he thinks it isn't or gets behind by more than a score he panicks, and get away from the plan generally without much success. Yesterday he panicked and rarely ran the ball even though they were avging 6.5 per carry. 18 times.

Singletary is a better option than Lovie? Did you see any of that debacle with him as HC in San Francisco? He was in way over his head, and we'd have the same predicament as now (needing a strong OC). Singletary's OC was Martz... Singletary's record was not that bad. And I recall ONE game in particular after which the record was Mike 1 - Smith O.

I get your issues with Smith but what did he have to do with Cutler's overthrow leading to the pick six, Jeffery falling on the route on the first drive leading to the other interception or Hester's dropped sure touchdown? Those were the reasons we lost yesterday and they don't have anything to do with Lovie - that's human error all the way.
Every team has that crap happen. The point is we are on a knife's edge between victory and defeat and it takes almost nothing to knock us off into defeat.

We cannot overcome adversity of any sort.

I watch us get behind by 14 and would bet the house we will lose.

The Pack gets 14 behind and I say "don't get your hopes up, they are going to win anyway." And after watching NE absolutely crush the Texans I realize we are LIGHT YEARS from that.

And many of their players played elsewhere including a receiver not good enough to play for Smith's clown college.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shruj wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
ak06max wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^

Singletary is a better option than Lovie? Did you see any of that debacle with him as HC in San Francisco? He was in way over his head, and we'd have the same predicament as now (needing a strong OC). Singletary's OC was Martz...

I share in your sentiments here AZ. Singletary was an awful head coach. I doubt he would have any success here other than being a position coach/DC, of which I think I'd stick with our current group. Also, I LOL'd when I saw that suggestion.
It was not a suggestion but in any case Singletary had a decent record for a first year coach and returned the 49ers to respectability and brought a new attitude of toughness. He will get another chance to be a head coach.

Obviously my preference is for an offensive minded coach as is that of most Bear fans. Only by hiring Singletary would they be able to get away with not doing that.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
It was not a suggestion but in any case Singletary had a decent record for a first year coach and returned the 49ers to respectability and brought a new attitude of toughness. He will get another chance to be a head coach.

Obviously my preference is for an offensive minded coach as is that of most Bear fans. Only by hiring Singletary would they be able to get away with not doing that.

Singletary had worn out his welcome by the end of his 2nd full season (as evidenced by him being fired with one game left), and his 18-22 record is far inferior to that of Lovie Smith. I can't speak for anyone else but I would personally be disappointed if Singletary is the guy we hire at HC in the event Lovie is let go. I would NOT oppose him as DC though with an offensive minded HC in that scenario. I would like to see an offensive minded HC if Lovie is gone too. Cutler and Marshall are what this team needs to be built around going forward IMO. With the Bears history of never hiring a HC with prior NFL HC experience (other than GSH reappionting himself HC) I think calls for the likes of Gruden are probably wishful thinking though.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Singletary had worn out his welcome by the end of his 2nd full season (as evidenced by him being fired with one game left), and his 18-22 record is far inferior to that of Lovie Smith. I can't speak for anyone else but I would personally be disappointed if Singletary is the guy we hire at HC in the event Lovie is let go. I would NOT oppose him as DC though with an offensive minded HC in that scenario. I would like to see an offensive minded HC if Lovie is gone too. Cutler and Marshall are what this team needs to be built around going forward IMO. With the Bears history of never hiring a HC with prior NFL HC experience (other than GSH reappionting himself HC) I think calls for the likes of Gruden are probably wishful thinking though.
Smith's record BY NO MEASURE is far superior to Mike's. Smith was 16-16 his first two years. He is only 2 games over .500 per year. All the games over come from two years winning records.

But the point is 18-22 is not a horrible record for a first time HC. Mike certainly did not show he could not be a good HC in the pros. And it isn't as if he had some great QB, either.

I would like to see someone who has a connection to the Bears.

How about Mike Ditka? He should be good to go in a couple of months.
Then after a couple of years holding down the fort (during which we scour every cranny for the next super coach) he can retire again.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This city's perspective on Singletary as a coach is skewed for obvious reasons. I think if you ask around outside of strictly Bears fans the viewpoint I think you'll get some less-than-favorable opinions.

The guy isn't a progessive HC; he's old school, and I think that works for a DC or position coach, but not as a HC.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Smith's record BY NO MEASURE is far superior to Mike's. Smith was 16-16 his first two years. He is only 2 games over .500 per year. All the games over come from two years winning records.

But the point is 18-22 is not a horrible record for a first time HC. Mike certainly did not show he could not be a good HC in the pros. And it isn't as if he had some great QB, either.

Then after a couple of years holding down the fort (during which we scour every cranny for the next super coach) he can retire again.
Please mommy make it stop

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Mike Ditka?! He's 73 years old, just coming off a stroke and hasn't coached anything in 13 years. You might as well suggest we hire John Madden or Don Shula.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to ten. Then open them and read to yourself, out loud, what you just wrote. Then you'll see why the rest of us are all saying "?????".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Mike Ditka?! He's 73 years old, just coming off a stroke and hasn't coached anything in 13 years. You might as well suggest we hire John Madden or Don Shula.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to ten. Then open them and read to yourself, out loud, what you just wrote. Then you'll see why the rest of us are all saying "?????".
You guys are hilarious. I guess you'll believe anything. Although all the above are preferable to Smith I was laughing AT you. I'm really holding out for Marv Levy. Rolling Eyes
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Please mommy make it stop
Mommy is wearing a "I like Mike, any Mike!" button. Haven't you seen it?
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

You guys are hilarious. I guess you'll believe anything. Although all the above are preferable to Smith I was laughing AT you. I'm really holding out for Marv Levy. Rolling Eyes

Laughing AT me? Oh really? How, exactly? By suggesting someting foolish? Or by suggesting something foolish and having us respond to it. Oh I get it, it's all part of your elaborate mind-game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Laughing AT me? Oh really? How, exactly? By suggesting someting foolish? Or by suggesting something foolish and having us respond to it. Oh I get it, it's all part of your elaborate mind-game.
It is not so elaborate. I know Mike can't coach anymore. Perhaps the "he should be good to go in a couple of months" would have tipped off any one not looking for argument. No one is going to hire him after just having a stroke.

I'm laughing at the way people take the bait almost every time or do you also think I am REALLY holding out for Marv? He is in pretty good shape for an 87 year old.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: